Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 01-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Default Obamacare - 1st Payment Premium Payment Due 1/10/14

For all those who are worried about how many of the 2 million Obamacare accounts have paid their 1st premium, the 1st premium is not due until 1/10/14.

For JD, Aetna was willing to restore their cancelled policies, they didn't think they would have enough time. Also most Americans will not have to pay more for a new plan. From the link.

That's not to say that the replacement insurance will necessarily cost more, though. Families USA, a proponent of the Affordable Care Act, conducted a study that found most Americans losing their current health insurance plans won't pay more for a new plan, thanks in large part to federal subsidies.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...obamacare.aspx
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I paid mine in December.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
For all those who are worried about how many of the 2 million Obamacare accounts have paid their 1st premium, the 1st premium is not due until 1/10/14.

For JD, Aetna was willing to restore their cancelled policies, they didn't think they would have enough time. Also most Americans will not have to pay more for a new plan. From the link.

That's not to say that the replacement insurance will necessarily cost more, though. Families USA, a proponent of the Affordable Care Act, conducted a study that found most Americans losing their current health insurance plans won't pay more for a new plan, thanks in large part to federal subsidies.

So the new plans DO cost more, it's just that I, and many others are paying for it. This is better than before how?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So the new plans DO cost more, it's just that I, and many others are paying for it. This is better than before how?
Everything cost more each and every year, it is called inflation. God damn insurance on my house and car went up...is that Obama's fault? God some of you fuckers logic is wack.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
The ACA will insure 25 million more people. This will increase the total percentage of citizens with health insurance to 91%.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:37 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Neither Fluffy nor WPF understood my point. Not surprising. They can barely generate 6 brain cells between them.

The policies in question may or may not cost the consumer more, because the taxpayers are picking up the balance. That means the real premiums are HIGHER!

Assuming Fluffy is right (I know! Lol!) that means more people are being covered, at higher prices. If that is the case, why aren't medical providers making more?

Hmmm . . . More money to insurance companies, less to medical service providers. So who is making all the money? Uh oh.

Ah. Crony capitalism at its finest! A windfall to Big Business, courtesy of President Barack Obama! Big Business' BFF!

You people are morons. One more time. Obama does not give a DAMN about you!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:

The payments are DUE on January 10th but you can pay earlier and that is what we have been asking, how many have paid to date for their Obamacare coverage? Don't know? Neither do we but we should. I'm not sure why you singled me out for the Aetna thing but there is more than one insurance company involved. How about the rest of them? Or for that, why did they feel that they had to cancel any policies at all? Obamacare.
Yes, the subsidies. A lot of people who thought that they would get one are not. Unless you work for a Congressman. They are all getting subsidies.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #8
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
The ACA will insure 25 million more people. This will increase the total percentage of citizens with health insurance to 91%.
Care to tell us where this "fact" (see wet dream) came from? A reliable source, not the White House.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #9
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:

The policies in question may or may not cost the consumer more, because the taxpayers are picking up the balance. That means the real premiums are HIGHER!

Assuming Fluffy is right (I know! Lol!) that means more people are being covered, at higher prices. If that is the case, why aren't medical providers making more?

Hmmm . . . More money to insurance companies, less to medical service providers. So who is making all the money? Uh oh.
COF, you are completely ignorant of basic insurance underwriting, probability and risk concepts. In the individual market the health insurance companies(Atena, Wellpoint, BSBC, Humana and others) have to take on more risk. They can't deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. Before the ACA they could and they did. See the link below. The people with pre-existing conditions are going to be submitting claims sooner rather than later. In the mind of the underwriter, people with pre-existing conditions are already sick. The health insurance companies are just hoping to break even in the individual market. The whole point of the ACA is to get more people insured, not make the health insurance companies richer. Why is United Health Care not selling policies on government exchanges? Because they don't want to take the risk of insuring high risk people. Just how does a medical service provider make money when they have to care for some one who is not insured. Reagan put the rule in the 80's that emergency rooms can't refuse to treat someone who is not insured. Go back and read the first link. There is one analyst who thinks Wellpoint is going to lose 230 million dollars selling policies on the government exchanges. Everything depends on how many low risk people get a health insurance policy on the government exchanges.

Here is an example of a person with a pre-existing condition (cancer) who was constantly denied health insurance before the ACA.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/21/opinio...iref=allsearch
Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 AM   #10
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Care to tell us where this "fact" (see wet dream) came from? A reliable source, not the White House.
According to this link the ACA will insure 32 million more people by the end of 2019. See under Public Policy - Change in the number of uninsured.

Public policy

Change in number of uninsured

See also: Health insurance coverage in the United States
The ACA has two primary mechanisms for increasing insurance coverage: expanding Medicaid eligibility to include individuals within 138% of the federal poverty level,[43] and creating state-based insurance exchanges where individuals and small business can buy health insurance plans—those individuals with incomes between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level will be eligible for subsidies to do so.[38][30] The CBO originally estimated that the legislation will reduce the number of uninsured residents by 32 million, leaving 23 million uninsured residents in 2019 after the bill's provisions have all taken effect.[121][122][123] With the elderly covered by Medicare, the CBO estimate projected that the law would raise the proportion of insured non-elderly citizens from 83% to 94%.[121] A July 2012 CBO estimate raised the expected number of uninsured by 3 million, reflecting the successful legal challenge to the ACA's expansion of Medicaid.[124][125]
Among the people who will remain uninsured:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act
Old 01-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

So that "fact" is just a proposed milestone from the same people who said that you could keep your doctor and plan if you liked them. Right....
Old 01-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Neither Fluffy nor WPF understood my point. Not surprising. They can barely generate 6 brain cells between them.

Ah. Crony capitalism at its finest! A windfall to Big Business, courtesy of President Barack Obama! Big Business' BFF!

You people are morons. One more time. Obama does not give a DAMN about you!

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE DIPSHIT?

In fact, spoken like the Dick Clark of Dipshits!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #13
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

You know, I've talked to a few providers and they have never even heard of the obamacare mandatory payment stuff. They didn't even know there was anything CALLED obamacare. I'd be willing to bet there are a huge percentage of folks that have no clue this is even happening.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
FU_CC
BANNED

because it call the "ACA"
FU_CC is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I paid mine in December.