Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #61
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Murray is listed as questionable.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #62
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLong View Post
Murray is listed as questionable.
Looks like he's starting. Good thing.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #63
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

Wow, tough loss last night, after blowing a 13 point 4th quarter lead ..... anyone besides me wonder wtf Anderson was doing running the offense during the last two minutes of the game, with the game on the line? Where were Murray, or even Tony Parker? ..... oh well, the Spurs currently sit at 35-23, with 24 games remaining in the season, so they'll have to go 15-9 to make it to just 50 wins, and has anybody looked at the remainder of our schedule? .....it certainly won't be easy, but I'm becoming more convinced Pop is content with just playing this season out and letting the chips fall where they may .....
Old 02-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #64
FootLong
Valued Poster

Ball should not have been with Anderson at the end. Should have been Manu or Parker, or, in the future, Kawhi.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #65
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

I saw tonight before the start of the game 9th place is only 4.5 games behind from us in 3rd. Getting close, and too close for comfort. There's a realistic chance we may not make it in. Hope that doesn't come to it, but never know. We do have a hellacious schedule to cap off the year.

Leonard may be done the rest of the year. It's going to be a talked about thing during the break for a draft pick or a run in the playoffs. Guess we'll see what kind of Spurs team we will have in a week.

I'm sure Anderson was by design, need to get those guys experienced for when they actually have to take the ball. I personally would of had Murray in control of it, but it is what it is.

Hope we can finish in Denver. Another hot start. See how the thin air treats us in the Mile High.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:02 AM   #66
Travelingbro
Premium Access

If we were running on all cylinders it would a better season, no doubt. And to loose several close ones is tough also
I'm thinking we may not make the playoffs. Lets start to look at the lottery.... I believe we're one piece away from completing the puzzle.
Go Spurs Go!
Old 02-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #67
tx Easy Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingbro View Post
If we were running on all cylinders it would a better season, no doubt. And to loose several close ones is tough also
I'm thinking we may not make the playoffs. Lets start to look at the lottery.... I believe we're one piece away from completing the puzzle.
Go Spurs Go!
More than one piece, last night was a joke, Spurs looked horrible. 4th qtr looked like high school kids running around. Def a lot of rebuilding to do.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #68
tpepsi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Rodeo road trip!
Old 02-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #69
Puzzeluver210
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

I was hoping we could keep the 50 wins streak going but that looks unlikely this year. We haven't even had a losing road record in 20 years..oh well.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #70
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Kawhi Leonard has hung it up for the year. News broke today. As much as we'd like him back, only a few games left. Hate to see him hurt himself trying to get back into it. I'm sure him and Pop decided it was best. He needs a proper training camp and preseason to get back into it. Not 20 games and playoffs. Just my thoughts on it anyhow...

Rudy Gay is expected to return Friday night at Denver.

Not looking good come playoffs though. However, I don't see us beating Golden State or Houston this year in a series. It's been an interesting year seeing what our young guys and vets have left in their tank. From the looks of it, we need a revamp.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #71
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

The guys on ESPN-SA radio yesterday (the 4:00 show) were questioning "when" the Spurs brass were aware and then 'forced" to make the announcement. I met one of the guys not knowing they were going to be at ojos locos on a sunday afternoon during football season last year. I told him something to the effect that the spurs have become focused on "money". My support to that statement was during the conference finals last year, they kept saying kawhi was "questionable" - knowing they had to sell tickets to the games 3 and 4 that were going to be played in SA; and being down 0-2, it was likely the end of the season. And right before each game he was a scratch. Shouldn't the spurs med staff have known he wasn't going to be up to it?

Season ticket renewal deadline for next year was LAST WEEK- Feb 15.

Look at the post-practice interview pop gave - the guy just looks soooooo lost. Franchise cracks (specifically buford/pop) are starting to show. Pending Holt divorce adds more question marks to the fire. SSE tried playing the money game with insignificant franchises like the WNBA, the Rampage, and now SAFC instead of focusing on their one pro gem.

THIS is interesting: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22542021

If ANYTHING, this will separate the real-fans from the band-wagoners but as they say: next man up. I think they did quite well at the start of the season with murray, andersen, green, aldrich and gasol starting and gino, gay and mills off the bench. PLUS we still have a ton of veterans out there to help the young guys - a reasonably good mix.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:09 AM   #72
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Yeah, Jalen came out on first take today saying Kawhi was done also. Stephen A got the same reports. The inability to bring talent to play with him, along with his frustrating injury has caused issues. Now, there's apparently a feud with Leonard's uncle who handles Kawhi's business and he and Spurs brass have got into it. It's not looking good, but now there looks to be trade rumors floating about, and none of the scenarios look great considering no team wants a player who they are uncertain can actually play. You can only hope they aren't true, but I have a feeling we may not get #2 back in uniform.

I'm hoping the wants out portion is just for ratings and the frustration likely true. But if he was cleared to play, and he's not suiting up, there might be more than just a nagging injury here. Will see what happens if Kawhi inks the super max deal or not come July.

Sometimes negative press is good press, as we've seen here on these very boards. Maybe guys will take notice and come play with Aldridge and Kawhi. That's my hope, and if Kawhi signs, I think you'll see some good changes.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #73
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

And yesterday's radio topic was whether to "tank" the remaining games and enter the lottery or struggle to make the playoffs and possibly take a 1st round playoff exit.

The guys said (and apparently many college scouts agree) this is a VERY good draft class available this summer. I do not watch enough college basketball to comment. Although I do know about the PG for the sooners and apparently Duke has just lost one of it's big guns yet they go on a multi-game winning streak without him so go figure.

And then it hit me...did the spurs "tank" previous seasons when Dave and Duncan were going to be available? I mean what are the odds the SAME franchise lands TWO future hall-of-famer's at TWO different positions? Is it just me because I never thought this franchise was like that?

I firmly believe these guys (all pro athletes really) are PAID to win - regardless. If it's the former, then pop likely "started" to tank the season when he benched parker. I mean the guy looked as good as ever before to me; if it's the latter, well, it's pro sports. ANYTHING can happen. And I truly expect Spurs PRIDE to kick-in.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #74
Puzzeluver210
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

If the Spurs "tank"the rest of the season, I will not only be shocked but disappointed. With the players on this team it would be obvious of what they are doing and to tell you the truth I would lose a little respect for the organization to do something like that. Yes it's a struggle to be without your best player but you got to go out there and give it your all and if you're not good enough then so be it, wait till the offseason and make the necessary moves to improve the team.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #75
Smoothness
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Lots of speculation that we've seen the last of Kawhi in a Spurs uniform..........Thoughts?
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women