Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #31
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Google yourself, you Lazyness

Soooo you can't back it up? OK good enough for me.

A side note: I'm absolutely sure there are leaks happening and cover ups going on to cover up the leaks... Since everything is always about money, why don't they just take the money from one or two of BO's vacations every few months and install correct equipment? The knowledge is out there... now.

We could literally take care of both sides on this debate by taking some of that oh so precious money from Washington and putting it to real use.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
I actually think the President is wrong on this one I think the gains are greater than the risks.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Stupid shit, your reading comprehension is worse than WTF's.

I would like to meet you some day and figure out just who had the best comprehension skills.

Short of that...I am flattered you were thinking of me!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #33
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

One thing a lot of people don't realize is that the Ogallala Aquifer is a geological formation with very little lateral movement of water. It's not a giant underground lake through which an oil spill would spread contamination over thousands of square miles.

This article does a good job of explaining the issue:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/op...a-aquifer.html

The author also points out that the real threat is not a potential pipeline spill; it's contamination from chemically-dependent farming which has been occurring for decades.

When they think of the aquifer, many people conjure up an image of a pristine spring from which you can draw pure, healthy drinking water. Nothing could be further from the truth. You have to carefully filter the aquifer's water before drinking it, at least if you want to avoid slowly killing yourself.

Yes, there are still risks and tradeoffs. But pipeline technology has been greatly improved over the last couple of decades, and it seems that a growing number of people consider the risks acceptable, especially in light of our current economic flabbiness and level of oil dependency.

I think it would be a terrible shame if hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil we could import from our friend Canada every day were instead piped to the west coast and shipped to China on tankers. Environmentalists should vigorously oppose that. Transporting oil by sea is far riskier than by pipeline, and consumes a hell of a lot of fuel as well.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #34
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Stevie, you are truly an idiot. The backup plan is for Canada to pipe the oil to British Columbia, where it will be loaded on Chinese tankers. Do you try to be this stupid, or does it come naturally to you?

And Wave, please let me know where the last three major pipeline leaks occurred, and the what the consequences were. Thank you.
You do realize that we are selling refined gasoline overseas don't you.

Not sure if you will understand the basic concept of us importing oil and selling the refined product overseas.

Here is a hint. What good does it do to import oil from Canada if it does not lower the price at the pump for here in the states?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #35
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
Soooo you can't back it up? OK good enough for me.

That is not what he said. He said do your own research.

Also to think that Obama not taking a vacation and using that savings on some pipeline is a beyond belief. The government is not building the pipeline!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default hint...psst....over here..ya you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You do realize that we are selling refined gasoline overseas don't you.

Not sure if you will understand the basic concept of us importing oil and selling the refined product overseas.

Here is a hint. What good does it do to import oil from Canada if it does not lower the price at the pump for here in the states?
seems like selling gasoline to people helps in the scheme of things. keeps the suck of dollars out of the country down to a dull industrial strength vacuum roar.

what the pipeline would insure is a reasonable and safe supply of crude we control in times of direness...sort of like remember? the strategic oil reserve?

so whats to understand abt the concept of importing , adding value and reselling and all the while being able to use it domestically in stressful times? seems you hear some lame argument from extreme enviromentalists and incorporate that in such tiny boxes of thinking.

not to mention non-governmental jobs...pipeline, refinery, shipping, money changers, the lot
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

List of Pipeline accidents and contaminations:
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #38
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
That is not what he said. He said do your own research.
WTF, Wave brought it up, gave no references, then tells us to look it up ourselves. He's the lazy one, or he is just speaking out of his ass.

I looked it up. Nothing. He's full of shit, again.

Guilty posted a Wiki on pipeline leaks, but few, if any, caused any lasting damage.

If we're concerned about the aquifer, we need to stop chemical based farming. It does a lot more damage than a pipeline.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #39
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Yeah, we have thousands of off-shore oil rigs operating out there too....which cause NO prob....oh, wait.

He asked for some rerouting and additional safety measures in order to avoid a potential environmental catastrophe. It's reasonable and was the correct thing to do.
Yeah. Thousands of offshore rigs. How many have blown up? One, recently. That's a pretty damn good record. And the BP disaster could have been greatly mitigated had the Administration not been so late and inept in their response. And then they let BP essentially off the hook, and still accept campaign contributions.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #40
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
One thing a lot of people don't realize is that the Ogallala Aquifer is a geological formation with very little lateral movement of water. It's not a giant underground lake through which an oil spill would spread contamination over thousands of square miles.

This article does a good job of explaining the issue:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/op...a-aquifer.html

The author also points out that the real threat is not a potential pipeline spill; it's contamination from chemically-dependent farming which has been occurring for decades.

When they think of the aquifer, many people conjure up an image of a pristine spring from which you can draw pure, healthy drinking water. Nothing could be further from the truth. You have to carefully filter the aquifer's water before drinking it, at least if you want to avoid slowly killing yourself.

Yes, there are still risks and tradeoffs. But pipeline technology has been greatly improved over the last couple of decades, and it seems that a growing number of people consider the risks acceptable, especially in light of our current economic flabbiness and level of oil dependency.

I think it would be a terrible shame if hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil we could import from our friend Canada every day were instead piped to the west coast and shipped to China on tankers. Environmentalists should vigorously oppose that. Transporting oil by sea is far riskier than by pipeline, and consumes a hell of a lot of fuel as well.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #41
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
Well they have had leaks in the Alaskan pipeline.Do any run through the area they are wanting to run this one?Just asking
Looked at a map last night. It appears that the aquifer covers much of central Nebraska. Any pipeline dissecting the state north to south within a corridor between the eastern state line and a line fifty(?) miles to the west would probably miss the aquifer – west of that, you’ll probably be in the aquifer zone.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah. Thousands of offshore rigs. How many have blown up? One, recently. That's a pretty damn good record. And the BP disaster could have been greatly mitigated had the Administration not been so late and inept in their response. And then they let BP essentially off the hook, and still accept campaign contributions.
The BP disaster could have been greatly mitigated had the government been conducting proper inspections and enforcing the rule - that's what those bureaucrats are paid to do.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #43
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Who cares about a pipeline anyway. You could build one from Saudi to Houston and gas would still be 4.00 a gallon. I say to hell with these oil companies pipe line companies these jokers rake in billions in profits every month. If you think that that pipeline would help anything but there profits your smoking. When will people understand this one simple thing. And when you can wrap your brain around this you will begin to understand why I believe what I believe

OIL IS TRADED GLOBALLY! THE PRICE OF OIL FROM CANADA IS THE SAME FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO AS IT IS FROM SAUDI IT DOESNT CHANGE!
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #44
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

It's frustrating trying to get y'all to understand keeping jobs and money in north america is a good thing.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #45
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
WTF, Wave brought it up, gave no references, then tells us to look it up ourselves. He's the lazy one, or he is just speaking out of his ass.

I looked it up. Nothing. He's full of shit, again.
Told you, you need a better search engine. I didn't even know those places exist, so how could I just come up with that?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women