Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160372
Yssup Rider59878
gman4452895
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47462
pyramider46370
bambino40289
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35232
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2024, 09:33 AM   #106
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

As in somany other things we tlk bout here, we will have to see what SCOTUS does with Hawaii.

Frankly, I thought the Civil War had settled the question of the primacy of Federl jurisdiction over stste law.

The US high court's rulings in Harler and Buris cases declared that the Second Amendment rights were individual rights . . .and allowed for possession of a firearm in public.

The plaintiff in Hawaii may lose his case, but the court's precedents will be upheld in my opinion.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:44 AM   #107
ICU 812
Valued Poster

BTW: The first use of "Come and take it" happened in 485 BC when King Leonides of Sparta so respaded to the demand for surrender issued by Xerxes of Persia as the the three hundred Spartans blocked the pass at Thermopile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe
Old 02-26-2024, 02:00 PM   #108
TechPapi
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Now MAGAts think they're the Spartans. lol

Oh...it's spelled "Thermopylae." Seems like folks should know how to spell all the locations they've created for their self-main-character.
TechPapi is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 02:23 PM   #109
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPapi View Post
Now MAGAts think they're the Spartans. lol

Oh...it's spelled "Thermopylae." Seems like folks should know how to spell all the locations they've created for their self-main-character.
Yeah, yhou are right of course. Thermopile got through.

Spell check and bad vision let me down again.

Andf now to return to Stste's Rights Vs Federalism . . . .Anyone really think SCOTUS will let Hawaii get away with citing "the spirit of Aloha" as a legal justification for suspending a portion of the Bill of Rights?
Old 02-27-2024, 11:19 AM   #110
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
I thought we resolved this issue after the Civil War...
As I read the article you posted, I just knew in my heart of hearts it would be a 14th amendment article, even though it started out with a rudimentary review of sorts. It even had little quips, such as:
Quote:
...Fears that a central government would accumulate too much power and erode state sovereignty persisted, along with the fear that no central authority could govern such a huge expanse of territory...
Quote:
...The basic structural characteristics of this “more perfect union” formed the basis of the system of American government that continues to the present...
Sadly it did devolve into a 14th amendment classic hat rack for all misplaced hats, scarves, mittens, jackets and all thing social justice. Typical 2L law discussion. I guess it must be an easy A class or a smorgasbord of easy pick'ns. At any rate, let's turn this back to the OP topic with assistance from one Albert Einstein
Quote:
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them
So a 28th amendment could be used to nullify the 14th, or at least fix it. (See 18th and 21st amendment) or we could go the Constitutional Convention route, but that opens up a huge can of worms and my fear would be the Kommies of America would go bonkers and we would end up in an ugly mess.

Regardless, we cannot move forward using the rationale that we created the problem with, but this Federal overreach is exactly why they had to create the first 10 amendments, not to mention all those Federalist papers to sell the Constitution, aka Federal Republic, idea in the first place. We need to reign in the beast, even if it means it's end.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 04:09 PM   #111
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
Yeah, yhou are right of course. Thermopile got through.

Spell check and bad vision let me down again.

Andf now to return to Stste's Rights Vs Federalism . . . .Anyone really think SCOTUS will let Hawaii get away with citing "the spirit of Aloha" as a legal justification for suspending a portion of the Bill of Rights?
That's not what they did and there's a thread all about that. So .... you and the rest of the Spartans should comment there.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 06:02 AM   #112
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
...Regardless, we cannot move forward using the rationale that we created the problem with...
I see where the House of Reps in Georgia has decided to do so with regards to common sense gun control, for example:

Georgia Bill Makes Property Owners Liable for Injuries in Gun-Free Zones
Quote:
Georgia House Bill 1364 makes property owners liable if a legal concealed carrier is harmed while barred from being armed for self-defense on the owner’s property.
HB 1364 says, “Any lawful weapons carrier who is prohibited from carrying… and who is injured… shall have a cause of action against the person, business or other entity that owns or legally controls such property,” according to 11 Alive...
That's the way to up a thinking game to solve a problem!
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women