Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70478
biomed161041
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47765
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
kaitlin
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 15240
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Background checks

Here's a 'hypothetical' question:

As a newcomer, and haven't yet been verified or vouched for on the main client verification sites, so I do reference checks, etc. Very rarely, I'll be contacted by someone who doesn't have any references -- 'I've never done this before..' (uh huh) -- or whose references are out of date / have retired. In those instances, I do criminal and civil background checks.

Now, say, hypothetically, you were contacted by one such individual, did the checks, and came up with multiple 'nolo contendere' pleas on misdemeanours for traffic violations and drug related offenses with sentencing court notes noting 'jail time served'. In two states. And doesn't have a verifiable work address / contact. And is someone who actively asserts 'Don't worry I'm not a sex offender.'

Clearly, if this hypothetical situation were to arise, one would not been too keen on meeting with said individual, no? My question is, what's the best way to say 'no thanks' without potentially inciting someone who is now emailing every day, lives in your town and seems a wee bit unhinged?

I'm open to any and all suggestions...
kaitlin is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Pflugerbill
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Seems easy. You say, "no thanks". Isn't it your perogative who you see and don't see? If the only contact is by email, that is easily ignored. I don't see the problem.
Pflugerbill is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
kaitlin
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 15240
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks Bill -- you're right. (Sometimes I just need a bit of validation, as stupid as that may sound.)
kaitlin is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

If you are really concerned, you might post an alert in one of the ladies' forums.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Kaitlin,

I am sure you are a nice person and, hypothetically speaking, if a guy actually gave a provider the information to do what you described in your first post then he is a fool. There is no way on this green earth that any guy should give a provider enough information to do what you descibed unless she is going to provide the same level of information to the guy so he can do similar checks on her. Unless there is equal skin in the game, that is far too dangerous and one sided. Sorry to be a dose of reality but no provider is worth that kind of invasion of privacy or risk to one’s security. I also think any guy giving his employment information to a provider is a fool as well since I view that as being stupid and short-sighted.

The answer for you though is very simple and straightforward. If there are no references, “No, thanks” which means that is the end of conversation.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
npita
Lifetime Premium Access

Just to put things in perspective, if you, me and most of the US population had actually been been arrested for every crime (misdemeanor or felony) we've actually committed, just about everyone would have a criminal record with more than a few charges. (The topic of avoiding LE is a frequent occurence here, for example). On the plus side, at least you know the odds of him being a cop are very low.
npita is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by npita View Post
On the plus side, at least you know the odds of him being a cop are very low.
touche...

and since this is just a hypothetical let's say you find a guy with a non violent criminal record (call it felony bank fraud for the sake of discussion)& can otherwise be vouched for...

is his money not green enough for you?

do you have ethical issues with renting your body ( I mean time) to criminals???
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeDove View Post
There is no way on this green earth that any guy should give a provider enough information to do what you descibed
And there is no way I would accept a date from a man who isn't willing to give me the information I need to feel safe and comfortable. If you don't want to give out certain information, then don't and move on to the next lady. I don't care if a man is CEO of Coke, with a wife and two children. His life is NO more important than my life.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
And there is no way I would accept a date from a man who isn't willing to give me the information I need to feel safe and comfortable. If you don't want to give out certain information, then don't and move on to the next lady. I don't care if a man is CEO of Coke, with a wife and two children. His life is NO more important than my life.
Not that you've been checking up on Mr Kent (and his wife and 2 kids) lately
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #10
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Not that you've been checking up on Mr Kent (and his wife and 2 kids) lately
If I had it would be pretty safe to say I wouldn't be playing on eccie.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
guest041110
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1
Cool

Quote:
I understand Ansley and that is your choice however your point in no way alters the validity of what I wrote. Giving that much information is just plain foolish and is a lead-in to a whole host of potential problems; OPSEC and COMSEC always apply unless the guy is a fool. There are risks involved in this line of work for providers as there are for the guys that participate in this realm and that is one of them. There are other ways of seeing if the potential client is a good person but most don't bother doing those things. That is reality not fantasy yet because the women have chosen this line of work in no way does that translate into them being entitled to that level of information. I have seen more than a few providers act as if they have this entitlement which they don't and never will.

Sorry but you and I will never agree except on the point you made about selecting someone else. The fact is there are too many fish in the sea that are just as good, or better, that are out there that don’t require that. So on your point of moving on, we agree. I had presumed that all those reading what I previously posted would have understood my implied point of moving on but now it is explict.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on a lighter note... I guess you and I will never meet.
guest041110 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Now on a lighter note... I guess you and I will never meet.

Your choice of course, but probably your lost for sure, You're missing out on a wonderful person and great personality.
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlin View Post
Here's a 'hypothetical' question:

As a newcomer, and haven't yet been verified or vouched for on the main client verification sites, so I do reference checks, etc. Very rarely, I'll be contacted by someone who doesn't have any references -- 'I've never done this before..' (uh huh) -- or whose references are out of date / have retired. In those instances, I do criminal and civil background checks.

Now, say, hypothetically, you were contacted by one such individual, did the checks, and came up with multiple 'nolo contendere' pleas on misdemeanours for traffic violations and drug related offenses with sentencing court notes noting 'jail time served'. In two states. And doesn't have a verifiable work address / contact. And is someone who actively asserts 'Don't worry I'm not a sex offender.'

Clearly, if this hypothetical situation were to arise, one would not been too keen on meeting with said individual, no? My question is, what's the best way to say 'no thanks' without potentially inciting someone who is now emailing every day, lives in your town and seems a wee bit unhinged?

I'm open to any and all suggestions...
To this hypothetical, I can only say that I think it is the rarest of hobbyists that would fork over enough RW ID information that would enable the provider to do both a civil and criminal background check. Plus, I don't think it is very realistic. Background checks are expensive, and I don't see providers paying for that, and awaiting the return. Either they take the vouches the hobbyist can provide; or they take newbies; or they don't.

Quote:
Kaitlin,

I am sure you are a nice person and, hypothetically speaking, if a guy actually gave a provider the information to do what you described in your first post then he is a fool. There is no way on this green earth that any guy should give a provider enough information to do what you described unless she is going to provide the same level of information to the guy so he can do similar checks on her.
Like I said above, I don't think most hobbyists will hand over this information. Even if the provider is willing to fork over her RW ID.

Quote:
I agree with you Ansely about the safety factor. But I think Kaitlin, LD and you (Ansley) are talking about apples and oranges. They are talking about forking over a RW ID that someone can do a background check on. On the other hand, you're talking about gathering enough information about a hobbyist to make you feel safe and comfortable. You are not necessarily talking about a RW ID, but a board handle or P411 Acct, or a talk with other provider(s) that will give you that safe and comfortable feeling.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you require the RW ID of the guys that you see in this hobby.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post

I could be wrong, but I don't think you require the RW ID of the guys that you see in this hobby.
I require first and last name, and place of employment. Provider references rate pretty low for me. I have learned what is acceptable behaivor for another lady isn't always acceptable to me. It doesn't matter how many posts or reviews a guy has. I have been in Atlanta pretty much my whole life. I won't take the chance of seeing somebody I know from the real world.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody of TX View Post
Your choice of course, but probably your lost for sure, You're missing out on a wonderful person and great personality.
Thanks Woody. You are a sweetheart.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women