Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47435
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 11-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #91
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Actually, the early eighties might be a good starting point when this tax cuts and trickle down nonsense became in vogue.

Andy Kiersz/Business Insider
Yeah, we all know how you loved Ronnie Reagan. He was skilled at licking your (Laffer Curve) sweet spot. Made you squirm. No need to tell that story again.

But hey, thanks for the graph illustrating how the national debt shot up most steeply under obama!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #92
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

it shot up under reagan and bush...not so much under Clinton...back up under bush and then even more under Obama.

the big tax increase was right before Clinton. wow go figure.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #93
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Yes, Congress makes the laws but the POTUS has great influence on the people in Congress. Why do you think he has a parade of Congressmen and Congresswomen in the White House when a controversial bill is coming up for a vote?

Remember that Obama inherited an economy that was in the toilet. Unemployment went from 10% to 4.6%. DJIA tripled. If you want to give praise to Trump for the improvement in the economy since he's been in office I'm fine with that. But to ignore the improvement while Obama was in office is ignoring the truth.

ISIS is not gone. I guarantee you that it will rear its ugly head again and again.

Less than 40% (36% and sinking according to the link below) of the people in this country agree with you that Trump is doing a good job as POTUS. That despite most people believing the economy is improving dramatically.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/politi...omy/index.html
I didn’t say ISIS was gone. I said the Califate is 90% gone which is a fact. Obama let it grow into a state.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #94
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
I didn’t say ISIS was gone. I said the Califate is 90% gone which is a fact. Obama let it grow into a state.
Obama may bear some of the fault for the rise of ISIS but the defeat of the Caliphate began long before Trump took office.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-iraq-islamist

"Operation Inherent Resolve is the U.S.-led coalition of sixty-nine nations and four partner organizations that has orchestrated the military campaign against ISIS and provided air power in both Syria and Iraq. Since 2014, its lone goal has been to end the caliphate, not to solve the broader problems that gave rise to ISIS, especially in Syria. The United States, under both Democratic and Republican Presidents, has resisted getting militarily involved in Syria’s grisly six-year civil war."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...isis-caliphate

I read one article that stated that the military operations in Iraq under Trump were no different than those under Obama. Since I never studied military tactics, I don't know if that is true or not. Of course, Trump took personal credit for the successes in Iraq. No credit to the people who actually fought over there.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #95
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Obama may bear some of the fault for the rise of ISIS but the defeat of the Caliphate began long before Trump took office.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-iraq-islamist

"Operation Inherent Resolve is the U.S.-led coalition of sixty-nine nations and four partner organizations that has orchestrated the military campaign against ISIS and provided air power in both Syria and Iraq. Since 2014, its lone goal has been to end the caliphate, not to solve the broader problems that gave rise to ISIS, especially in Syria. The United States, under both Democratic and Republican Presidents, has resisted getting militarily involved in Syria’s grisly six-year civil war."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...isis-caliphate

I read one article that stated that the military operations in Iraq under Trump were no different than those under Obama. Since I never studied military tactics, I don't know if that is true or not. Of course, Trump took personal credit for the successes in Iraq. No credit to the people who actually fought over there.
Military people said the tweaks and refinement in the strategy made a world of difference and lead to the faster demise of the Caliphate.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/is...rticle/2636767

Trumps deregulation and promise of reduced tax rates on business have spurred the economy. It’s true that Obama inherited a mess. It’s also true that it was the slowest economic recovery in history and Obamas GDP was the lowest in over 70 years.

https://www.hudson.org/research/1271...ef=patrick.net
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:21 AM   #96
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

It’s true that Obama inherited a mess.
Bush II "inherited" a "mess" in the economy also, which Clinton-Gore denied with the help of the media. Bush II got legislation passed in 2008 to help with the economic issues facing Obaminable and consulted with Obaminable personally at the White House regarding the economic issues in the transition period, in which it was agreed that Bush II would spend part of the designated funds before Obaminable took office and left the remainder for Obaminable to spend ...

... that's not what the Obaminable "transition team" did! "Cooperate"! Their bullshit is still ongoing against Trump!

In fact ... Bush II assisted Obaminable with his visit to Africa!

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 AM   #97
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Military people said the tweaks and refinement in the strategy made a world of difference and lead to the faster demise of the Caliphate.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/is...rticle/2636767

Trumps deregulation and promise of reduced tax rates on business have spurred the economy. It’s true that Obama inherited a mess. It’s also true that it was the slowest economic recovery in history and Obamas GDP was the lowest in over 60 years.
I won't argue on the possible change in strategy. The article you cited, which is excellent, made statements such as this:

What Mattis described as a change in tactics, did not amount to a whole new strategy, but rather a major refinement of the old strategy, says retired Col. Steve Warren, a former Pentagon spokesman who is now a CNN contributor

"It was enough of a refinement that I believe it did make a difference in the speed with which we were able to finish off ISIS in Iraq, but they were doomed anyway," Warren said. "I think they took a good strategy and they improved it. They made it better."

So, does the Trump team get credit for doing what Obama's did not?

"They can't take credit for defeating ISIS, no," Warren argued. "They can share credit certainly, and I think they can take credit for successfully speeding up the campaign."
But it is clear the military favored the Trump approach, as evidenced by the parting comments of Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend as he prepared to relinquish command of the counter-ISIS operation in August.

As for Obama and the economy. The recession of 2008-2009 was the worst since the Great Depression so to say it was the slowest recovery is comparing apples to oranges. the Great Depression started in 1929 and lasted until 1939. After the first 4 years of Obama this country was well on the way to recovery. The GDP is but one economic indicator and certainly annual economic growth was not good under Obama. The annual GDP did not exceed 3% under Obama, but the quarterly GDP exceeded 3% eight times. If you compare the GDP under George Bush and the GDP under Bill Clinton, Bush does not come out too good. ON most other economic indicators, Obama did fine.

I doubt that Trump EOs had much of a positive impact on the economy but I'm open to proof that would prove me wrong. Yes, Trump's promise to lower corporate taxes from 35 % to 15% certainly helped the market surge. I support the lowering of the tax rate. But another of Trump's promises was to eliminate the deficit and the tax reform is estimated to raise the debt by $1 .5 trillion over 10 years.

I am hardly the only one who is pointing to Trump's lack of major accomplishments in his almost 10 months in office. Republicans who will be up for election next November understand the implications loud and clear. To repeat, that is why Republicans are so focused on getting a tax reform bill through before the end of the year so they have something really meaningful to go back to their voters with.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:10 AM   #98
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am hardly the only one who is pointing to Trump's lack of major accomplishments in his almost 10 months in office.
Yes, the propensity of the talking-heads in the lame stream media to negatively hyperventilate about everything Trump including the number of scoops of ice cream Trump eats or the shoes Melania wears is really "news worthy" has been noted, speedy. No one expects lib-retards like you to believe anything other than what you've been told to believe by you handlers, speedy.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #99
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I

I am hardly the only one who is pointing to Trump's lack of major accomplishments in his almost 10 months in office.
The President is about who appoints SC Justices. All else is window dressing.

Trump if he does nothing else will have done the far right wing a huge favor for which they will be forever grateful.

the 2016 election was about that appointment....that is why Clinton should be shot for not making sure she won before trying to win down ballot Senate seats.

She should have chosen Bernie as he running mate and dealt with a hostile Congress. Bitch got greedy. Do not blame Trump for getting elected , blame Clinton for getting Trump elected.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #100
bamscram
Valued Poster

Speaking of Melania What happened to her? didn't she go on the Asia tour?
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #101
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
Speaking of Melania What happened to her? didn't she go on the Asia tour?
I wonder who she is fucking? You know it ain't Trump.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #102
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Yes, the propensity of the talking-heads in the lame stream media to negatively hyperventilate about everything Trump including the number of scoops of ice cream Trump eats or the shoes Melania wears is really "news worthy" has been noted, speedy. No one expects lib-retards like you to believe anything other than what you've been told to believe by you handlers, speedy.
It's conserva-tards like you that make lib-retards like me look great. Since LexusLiar refuses to answer my question as to why he considers me to be a liberal, maybe you can do so without your usual nonsensical response.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #103
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's conserva-tards like you that make lib-retards like me look great. Since LexusLiar refuses to answer my question as to why he considers me to be a liberal, maybe you can do so without your usual nonsensical response.
Right after you intelligently explain why you suck down the pablum fed to you by the blatantly biased, agenda-driven, talking-heads in the lame-stream media, speedy.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:00 AM   #104
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You really need medication.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #105
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Right after you intelligently explain why you suck down the pablum fed to you by the blatantly biased, agenda-driven, talking-heads in the lame-stream media, speedy.
You must have me confused with someone else. Thanks for not answering my question. And you accuse others of deflecting???

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women