Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Business Services
Business Services Use this forum to post on the wide range of business services available to our female members. (Website design, scheduling, photography, etc.) You may advertise your services here or ladies "in need of" business services may post here as well.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Caroline
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35280
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Hobby-friendly CPA in Austin

I'm pretty shy and I don't think I can call up some random CPA's and beat around the bush about what I do until they get the gist. Anyone know of a CPA/have a CPA? Let me be very clear - I absolutely will NOT barter. I want someone who I can pay and will keep me from being from being audited.

Any suggestions or a nudge in the right directions will be very much appreciated!
Caroline is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
murano
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 4
Default cpa's

Caroline,
My name is Steve Conwell. I live in Houston and I have been a member of aspd and now eccie for a very long time. I am an Enrolled Agent with the IRS. That's a cpa that concentrates on income taxes. One of my specialties is small business contractors like yourself who work for cash but would like to stay out of trouble with the IRS. If this sounds like what you are looking for, give me a call on my cell 713-320-2038 ofc 281-373-3690, fax 281-256-3916 or you can email me at steve.conwell@gmail.com. All are secure. I carry the same privilege as an attorney.
Steve
murano is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
guest122812
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15
Default Tax, IRS and Business Services for over 20 years

I am a tax professional (CPA) and business adviser in business for over 20 years now. Also, own and have owned several businesses myself. I have worked with providers, entertainers and establishments in the business in these areas. Please contact me and we can talk and/or meet and discuss how I can help (no charge to you if you decide not to move forward). My office is in the Central Dallas area and I do work with clients all over Texas and some in other states.

Sincerely,
R
guest122812 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Caroline
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35280
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks guys!
Caroline is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
Porscheboy8888
Gaining Momentum

Default EA = CPA??????

An Enrolled Agent (EA) isn't a CPA who concentrates on Tax. An enrolled agent is anyone who can pass an exam given by the IRS. A far cry from a CPA.

The privilege given to an EA, CPA or even an attorney in tax preparation is non existent. If you want privilege, then first hire an attorney, who then hires the CPA. Even then you have limited privilege.

But, the fact is you can walk into any tax preparer with your numbers written down, say you provide massage, dog walking, security, whatever services and get your tax return prepared. Rarely will a tax preparer want to see the individual receipts, just provide a summary, advertising, travel, etc.

If you are up for some reading, go to the IRS website and look at a Publications.

One last bit of advice. There are lots of good EA's, CPA's and Attorneys who do Tax Work, but most rarely deal with the IRS. Look for someone who does a lot of work with IRS, audits, Offers In Compromise, Collections, etc. That person deals with IRS on a daily basis and knows the individual agents and officers. Stay away from those who advertise on TV, look for a small office.

Yes, I have a friend who has this experience, but my friend isn't taking new clients.
Porscheboy8888 is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
guest122812
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15
Default Good Advice Porsche

Well said, my friend. CPA's must have 150 hrs of College (Masters Degree) and then pass what used to be a 2 1/2 day exam and get one year of CPA work experience to get their liscense and 40 hours of continuing education EACH YEAR after that to keep it! I am sure there are good EAs out there but there is no education or experience requirement that I know of to be one, anyone can take the test. Look me if you head up here to Big D!
R
guest122812 is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
turbo-dog
Premium Access

Encounters: 57

I have a tax and accounting background. I know a lot of CPA's and EA's, but this is the first time I've seen an EA compare himself to a lawyer.
turbo-dog is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
murano
Lifetime Premium Access

I have awakened the cpa attorney guardians. From the lady's 1 sentence, it looked like she needed some tax help. I thought she would call if interested only. My experience is in tax law. I think I can hold my own in that area with any cpa or attorney. At any rate, I did not mean to suggest anything else.
murano is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
ninjaturtle
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

I've never challenged someone before on this board or any other, but I did send her a PM right after your first post advising her that your comments were misleading. You may be a great tax guy, but you need to be way more careful about how you represent your credentials and capabilities (in the confidentiality sense). I am a CPA and a very experienced tax practitioner, I do know the landscape. I've worked with EA's, there are circumstances where I'm convinced they can get better results than I can. But, I will never work with anyone who should know better and who misrepresents his or her credentials or capabilities. It's out of line and you should not be allowed to hide behind some sort of "guardians" BS. You misrepresented yourself and your credentials, and and you need to be accountable for that. Sad part is that if you had not stepped over the line, you likely have the expertise to represent her well.
ninjaturtle is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
Chaz108
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by engawg61 View Post
I've never challenged someone before on this board or any other, but I did send her a PM right after your first post advising her that your comments were misleading. You may be a great tax guy, but you need to be way more careful about how you represent your credentials and capabilities (in the confidentiality sense). I am a CPA and a very experienced tax practitioner, I do know the landscape. I've worked with EA's, there are circumstances where I'm convinced they can get better results than I can. But, I will never work with anyone who should know better and who misrepresents his or her credentials or capabilities. It's out of line and you should not be allowed to hide behind some sort of "guardians" BS. You misrepresented yourself and your credentials, and and you need to be accountable for that. Sad part is that if you had not stepped over the line, you likely have the expertise to represent her well.
I do find it humerous that CPAs always seem to be up in arms when compared to EAs; and yes, it applies to me as well.

I've found that providers have to be VERY comfortable with someone, especially one of their clients, in order for them to be forthcoming with information. Let's face it, they are providing (no pun intended) their real names, social security numbers, and addresses. Not to mention how much they're really making.

I've always felt that's where CPAs tend to be more reliable than EAs. CPAs have so many guidelines and "codes of conduct" they have to abide by, not to mention the tremendous amount of education required (before and after license). And let's not forget about the CPA exam....

I've helped providers, and other hobbyists, in the past with their taxes, both current filings and tax problems. A recently retired provider had a real mess with a former client who wanted to barter with her. Turns out, the client was an EA. She asked me to review the documents prepared by the guy and, at first glance, there were staggering errors. I'm talking about name spelled incorrectly, numbers transposed on her SSN, etc. Talk about a "hack" job. We corrected everything and she was appreciative.

A bit of advice for the providers: Don't barter with someone who's assisting you with your financial affairs! Chances are, the "professional" won't take the job seriously....and, you most likely charge more per hour than they do!
Chaz108 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women