Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305
Default New Law: Ban on texting while walking?

Ok... now this is getting retarded. Do we really need a law on banning texting while walking? C'mon.

In addition there is a proposed law banning listening to music with headphones while walking or jogging. Jeesh.. waste of taxpayer money IMO.

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...724522,00.html
Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Omahan
Secretary of State

This is the predictable results of our move toward a "nanny" state. The next time you are tempted to vote for a democrat think about this. No, I'm not saying never vote for a democrat - just that this crap needs to be weighed with the pros and cons.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahan View Post
This is the predictable results of our move toward a "nanny" state. The next time you are tempted to vote for a democrat think about this. No, I'm not saying never vote for a democrat - just that this crap needs to be weighed with the pros and cons.
I don't think it is just Democrats, I think Republicans are just as bad at trying to create stupid laws...lol

I just saw another article on some state wanting to ban listening to music while walking and jogging. Again stupidity.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
coast_encounter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I think the Darwin award winners will take care of this issue. Just let nature thin out the herd ;-)
coast_encounter is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

LMAO Coast!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

I dunno... maybe this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wDBaV-mQyw

might have inspired it.
It is a fact that when people are texting they are focused on the phone and not what is around them.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit13 View Post
I dunno... maybe this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wDBaV-mQyw

might have inspired it.
It is a fact that when people are texting they are focused on the phone and not what is around them.
True, I think that video did inspire it. Honestly I can think of a million things people do that distract them from driving, walking, etc. It is not just the texting.

Quote: Texting while driving has become one of the biggest issues facing authorities today on U.S. roadways. To combat this deadly trend of distracted driving, many states have passed new laws that make texting while driving illegal and those pulled over for this offense would face progressive fines for each offense. But, how effective are these new laws in discouraging distracted drivers? Well, one article published by Time reveals some survey results that show that despite the passage of these new laws, car accident rates continue to climb.

http://www.batonrougepersonalinjurya...ing-bans.shtml
Old 01-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
True, I think that video did inspire it. Honestly I can think of a million things people do that distract them from driving, walking, etc. It is not just the texting.

Quote: Texting while driving has become one of the biggest issues facing authorities today on U.S. roadways. To combat this deadly trend of distracted driving, many states have passed new laws that make texting while driving illegal and those pulled over for this offense would face progressive fines for each offense. But, how effective are these new laws in discouraging distracted drivers? Well, one article published by Time reveals some survey results that show that despite the passage of these new laws, car accident rates continue to climb.

http://www.batonrougepersonalinjurya...ing-bans.shtml

I read on Gizmodo shortly after that video appeared that a college did an experiment about people who text.

They hired a circus clown to ride around campus on a tricycle.

The next day they asked everyone did they notice anything unusual.
The kids that had mp3 players and just listening to music said they saw a clown on a tricycle, the kids who were busy texting said they did not see anything.

Case and point, while texting your focus is on the phone... not what is around you.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #9
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Took the offspring ice skating...yes, there were girls out on the ice texting. Yes, they were falling and skating into people. Was surprised there was no "No phones on the ice" sign. They'll be driving while texting soon. Idjots.

On a side note: There was a tryout for a new Survivor type TV show a few years back except it was just a social experiment. One of the last 'hurdles' the potential candidates had to eat some flesh that was brought in. Before they ate it, the candidates were told it was human flesh. Almost everyone ate it.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
I don't think it is just Democrats, I think Republicans are just as bad at trying to create stupid laws...lol

I just saw another article on some state wanting to ban listening to music while walking and jogging. Again stupidity.
You may very well be right. I am more libertarian than republican but I tend to vote rep due to fiscal issues. IMO dems want to control every aspect of your life to make you safe while reps want to control many aspects of your life to make you moral. The nanny state wants to turn boys into girls and all of us into sissies.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #11
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahan View Post
You may very well be right. I am more libertarian than republican but I tend to vote rep due to fiscal issues. IMO dems want to control every aspect of your life to make you safe while reps want to control many aspects of your life to make you moral. The nanny state wants to turn boys into girls and all of us into sissies.

Omg, don't even get me started on the stupid, retrograde laws based on religious more's..ignorance at it's most glorious.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #12
last call
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok... now this is getting retarded. Do we really need a law on banning texting while walking? C'mon.

In addition there is a proposed law banning listening to music with headphones while walking or jogging. Jeesh.. waste of taxpayer money IMO.

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...724522,00.html
Looks like they're out to ban walking while chewing gum next
last call is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women