Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160189
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Will majority Democrat House impeach Trump?
Yes 11 12.64%
No 67 77.01%
don't know/don't care 9 10.34%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #46
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Since you have absolutely NO idea what my viewpoints are on political issues you obviously have NO idea whether I am Independent, Republican, Democratic, or other.

I'm not going to take the time to argue with you on Biden and his chances of winning the Democratic nomination and then the POTUS election. Or others. I was asked why I thought the Democratic candidate, whoever that might be, has reason to be optimistic in the 2020 election. I'd prefer you address my reasoning and why you might believe my statements are incorrect.

And, as I said way back, there are many reasons why Trump supporters should be confident in Trump's chances of winning in 2020.
Your view points and ALL over the map...you are correct...but you have stated MANY times that you detest Trump and you seem to think Bitten is a moderate.
Your definition of a moderate as is with most all others, is polar opposite....what is he moderate about??
You have to have a candidate that is electable before they can be elected.
You have no answer as to how a far left wing candidate can be elected on a national level.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:54 PM   #47
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Maybe the same way a far Right wing candidate was elected. No, wait. Not Russian help again. Do the Russians care who their puppet is? Maybe the Far Left Wing candidate would not be OK getting help from a hostile foreign government. So, maybe not so much electable. Let's find out.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #48
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
Your view points and ALL over the map...you are correct...but you have stated MANY times that you detest Trump and you seem to think Bitten is a moderate.
Your definition of a moderate as is with most all others, is polar opposite....what is he moderate about??
You have no answer as to how a far left wing candidate can be elected on a national level.
Don't forget he supposedly voted for Nixon.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:48 PM   #49
Muscleup
Account Disabled

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Actually, they don't have a choice but to vote on articles.

They painted themselves into a "Stupid-Corner"!

Bill Clinton was "impeached"!
Those fools have bet ever last bit of their political capital on this insanity. They will follow it to the bitter end. They have no choice.
Muscleup is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:29 AM   #50
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Excerpted from an editorial by Joe Lockhart, Press Secretary from 1998 to 2000.

For Democrats, leaving Donald Trump in office is not only good politics — it is the best chance for fundamental realignment of American politics in more than a generation. Mr. Trump is three years into destroying what we know as the Republican Party. Another two years just might finish it off. Trumpism has become Republicanism, and that spells electoral doom for the party.

Mr. Trump has abandoned most of the core principles that have defined Republicans for the past century. Free trade abandoned for protectionism. Challenging our adversaries and promoting democracy replaced by coddling Russia and cozying up to dictators near and far. Fiscal conservatism replaced by reckless spending and exploding deficits.

What’s left of the party is a rigid adherence to tax cuts, a social agenda that repels most younger Americans and rampant xenophobia and race-based politics that regularly interfere with the basic functioning of the federal government.

Republicans today are the party of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson — a coalition that, in the face of every demographic trend in America, will mean the long-term realignment of the federal government behind the Democrats.
Ah, the never ending cyclical wish of the left that the Republican party is somehow dead or dying. We had the same sort of bullshit being spewed in 2006-2008 and then Republicans performed the "shellacking" of 2010. Its funny watching them post this bullshit about the core of the party being gone each time. It's a cyclical thing and this past mid-terms was not that out of the ordinary.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:47 AM   #51
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
and Democrats won the House popular vote by 8.6 million votes, the largest margin of victory by EITHER party since 1974.
I so love this misleading statistic as if it's some kind of mandate and you of course left out all the needed caveats to the statement.

First off it was not the largest margin of victory by EITHER party since 1974. It was only the largest margin of victory by EITHER party since 1974 in MID-TERM elections, which ordinarily swing to the party not in power at the mid-term. It's not much of a predictor then for a general election.

And since it wasn't anything but a relatively normal number of House seat changes for the party in power at a first mid-term of a POTUS(see 2010 for a "shellacking"), it's likely that the popular vote margin was skewed by some very large Democratic districts and not so much the overall mood or change in the country. It was a typical mid-term party switch for the House.

Add to that, there was a large popular vote win in the Senate by the Dems(roughly the same as the House), and they lost seats.

It's all leading to the fact that the country is highly polarized with about 20 states leaning heavily Dem and 30 states leaning heavily Rep.

Those couple swing states will be the deciders this time around.

It's early in the process and the Dem candidate will probably be the crucial link in those few swing states that will decide the election.

That and whether the Dems self destruct over this impeachment crap.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #52
Rearentry
Account Disabled

another victory for trump in 2020, by landslide, I wonder how democratic americans feel when they see their party representing their own self interests and not the issues facing the american public, a party divided cannot stand, I don't know about anyone else here, but, I'm sick of hearing the dems complain day in and day out, even their supporting news reporting is all about hate, not the real issue's.
Rearentry is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:24 PM   #53
Ex-CEO
Ultra Premium Access

Wow - that's a good question! I'd hate to be forced to bet serious money either way. But in the event that I were, I'd come down on the side of "no impeachment." Only because Pelosi and her pals think the action might backfire and redound to the president's advantage.

However, here's the scary thing. Once a bunch of noisy radicals attain critical mass, they can create an almost unstoppable force. Meanwhile - some of Trump's closest associates and public supporters may be quoting Dirty Harry before long...

"Go ahead ... make my day!"
Ex-CEO is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #54
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-CEO View Post
Wow - that's a good question! I'd hate to be forced to bet serious money either way.
I can't make up my mind either! But I'm very surprised to see only 9% have voted yes so far. The rest of the pack are betting on the dim-retards acting rationally - and that's never seemed like a smart bet!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #55
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Default M

Quote:
My viewpoints are all over the map yet you can't tell me what my viewpoints are on any political subject. Now that makes sense. NOT.

Maybe a month ago someone made a post on this forum comparing all the Democratic presidential contenders as to how far to the left each one was. If I remember correctly, Joe Biden was much closer to the center than most.

I believe a FAR left wing candidate would have trouble being elected POTUS. That is why I want the Democrats to nominate someone who is NOT far to the left.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #56
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
I so love this misleading statistic as if it's some kind of mandate and you of course left out all the needed caveats to the statement.

First off it was not the largest margin of victory by EITHER party since 1974. It was only the largest margin of victory by EITHER party since 1974 in MID-TERM elections, which ordinarily swing to the party not in power at the mid-term. It's not much of a predictor then for a general election.

And since it wasn't anything but a relatively normal number of House seat changes for the party in power at a first mid-term of a POTUS(see 2010 for a "shellacking"), it's likely that the popular vote margin was skewed by some very large Democratic districts and not so much the overall mood or change in the country. It was a typical mid-term party switch for the House.

Add to that, there was a large popular vote win in the Senate by the Dems(roughly the same as the House), and they lost seats.

It's all leading to the fact that the country is highly polarized with about 20 states leaning heavily Dem and 30 states leaning heavily Rep.

Those couple swing states will be the deciders this time around.

It's early in the process and the Dem candidate will probably be the crucial link in those few swing states that will decide the election.

That and whether the Dems self destruct over this impeachment crap.
I agree with much of what you are saying. I definitely forgot to add the word "midterm" from my statement about it being the largest margin of victory since 1974. My bad.

Yes, it is not 100% correct in assuming that mid-term elections predict in any way what will happen in 2020. The point I was making is valid though. It should be an area of concern for Republicans, especially in the states of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pa. The question I was asked was why I thought Democrats should be positive in their hopes to elect a Democratic president in 2020. As I said, there are many reasons why REPUBLICANS should also feel positive in their hopes to reelect Trump, one of which is Obama got reelected in 2012 after Democrats got destroyed in the 2010 midterms. I was not asked the question so I did not respond.

And I most certainly agree that a handful of states will once again determine the outcome of the election, and voter turnout will go a long way to what the outcome is. In 2016 Republicans did a fantastic job of getting out the vote. In 2018, where Democrats usually don't turn out well, Democrats were strong to the polls.

And I am hoping the Democrats stow the talk of impeachment.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #57
oeb11
Valued Poster

I hope and pray that Nadler and Schiff continue their persecutory investigations - while yammering on about Trump "Crimes". Voters see through this BS on the MSM shill Stations.

Let them go ahead and occupy their time with Don Quixote Quests - it will blow up in their faces in 2020 elections.

Let them Run a Far Left idiot-ideology purist acceptable to Sharpton and AOC - See how well that plays outside Kalifornia and NYC.

DPST's are already thinking about raising the number of SC judges to pack the Court with Liberals, and a Constitutional amendment to do away with the electoral College. Sneaky bastards never quit thinking how to get their way regardless of the Electorate.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #58
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Since you have absolutely NO idea what my viewpoints are on political issues you obviously have NO idea whether I am Independent, Republican, Democratic, or other.

I'm not going to take the time to argue with you on Biden and his chances of winning the Democratic nomination and then the POTUS election. Or others. I was asked why I thought the Democratic candidate, whoever that might be, has reason to be optimistic in the 2020 election. I'd prefer you address my reasoning and why you might believe my statements are incorrect.

And, as I said way back, there are many reasons why Trump supporters should be confident in Trump's chances of winning in 2020.
Well speedy why do you come in here and get into these arguments as you call them?
I'm glad I'm still working and don't have the time on my hands as you do speedy

Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #59
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod511 View Post
Well speedy why do you come in here and get into these arguments as you call them?
I'm glad I'm still working and don't have the time on my hands as you do speedy

Funny that you don't criticize others who are on this forum much more than I am. Why is that?
Old 04-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #60
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Just leave him alone to his bitterness. President Trump can't fix everything.

gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women