Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160728
Yssup Rider60090
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40349
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35465
Mojojo33117

Old 04-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Chris Christi Wants To Take My Social Security Away

I started paying into the Social Security program when my Dad put me to work at age 15.

I have paid in every year since, the last 20 or so years, the max.

I am 68 now. I still work, I draw a paycheck from my Business just like I always have. I went into Medicare when I turned 65, and I started drawing Social Security last year.

I paid it in all of these years, and I should be entitled to it, right?

Not according to Gov Chris Christie.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...el-and-callous

He has a proposal that would limit Social Security for anyone making over $80,000 after retirement, and eliminate it completely for those of us who make over $200,000 after retirement.

Keep in mind, "retirement" doesn't mean you have quit working, it simply means you are eligible to enter Medicare and can start drawing Social Security.

And guess what. Even though, under his proposal, I would not be able to draw ANY of the benefits I paid into for all those years, I WILL STILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY INTO SOCIAL SECURITY as long as I work and draw a paycheck.

Does any of this seem fair?
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

It doesn't matter that you have paid into it, according to the right it is a entitlement.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I started paying into the Social Security program when my Dad put me to work at age 15.

I am 68 now. I still work, I draw a paycheck from my Business just like I always have. I went into Medicare when I turned 65, and I started drawing Social Security last year.

He has a proposal that would limit Social Security for anyone making over $80,000 after retirement, and eliminate it completely for those of us who make over $200,000 after retirement.

Keep in mind, "retirement" doesn't mean you have quit working, it simply means you are eligible to enter Medicare and can start drawing Social Security.

And guess what. Even though, under his proposal, I would not be able to draw ANY of the benefits I paid into for all those years, I WILL STILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY INTO SOCIAL SECURITY as long as I work and draw a paycheck.

I could be callous and say what does fair have to do with it, but I agree. On its face, it seems ludicrous. The fact that it gets cut AND you're required to continue paying is an extra 'fuck you'.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Somebody's gotta pay for Christie's next lap band procedure...

Maybe Jerry Jones!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Keep in mind, the Governors proposal would also allow the government to keep all of the MATCHING SS Funds that my business, or any other business, has paid In through the years.

Right now, I get a little over $2600 a month from SS. But, I continue to pay in about $1600 a month in SS, plus, due to my income, I have to pay an extra $230 a month to be in Medicare, which, by the way, I have no choice in.

And, for all purposes, the SS I draw is taxed at the same rate as my personal income.

My theory is, they don't get it all, but it looks like they would like too.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

Maybe Jerry Jones!
Wow, Christie has defeated a rather sound medical procedure.

Maybe he is like a crab that grows a new claw, or a lizard a new tail. He grew another stomach.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
shanm
Valued Poster

Social security is a huge failure. I know that it doesn't seem fair, but someone needs to bear the brunt of the worst as we end this outdated and malfunctioning program. I don't agree with Chris Christie on anything btw
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #8
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:

When you start messing around with people's money you lose. If you put into Social Security you are investing in your future, it's your money not the Government's. If Christie thinks he'll get any support on that bold stance he's dreaming. He's one candidate I have no use for.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

Maybe Jerry Jones!
Hay hay hay!
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #11
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanm View Post
Social security is a huge failure. I know that it doesn't seem fair, but someone needs to bear the brunt of the worst as we end this outdated and malfunctioning program. I don't agree with Chris Christie on anything btw
We did not make the rules. We have all paid in as is required by us under the law.
And as a Business Owner, I have matched the SS payment of my employees,as dictated by the law.

I suppose Christie thinks it is ok to take everything from those that paid in the most in order to give to those that paid in the least. There is probably a name for that type of social system.

Social Security could be fixed with one simple solution. Just take the cap off. In other words,you pay the SS tax for the full year, not just the first 118,000 that it is now. AND......make all income subject to SS, whether it is classed as earned income, or unearned income.

That way, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates will be paying SS on all of their income, or gain as you may, for the entire year. So would I.

I can live with that.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #12
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:

That is bullshit and it will never pass. I didn't have time to read your link but if Krispy Kreme really is advocating that position, he has toasted himself as a candidate for 2016.

The government made a deal with you a long time ago and you held up your end of the bargain....admittedly under duress and without much choice. They can't change the deal now.

Are you sure this is right? I find it hard to believe that anybody running for any office would espouse this position, even if they believe in it. Fucking around with social security never gets check marks in the plus column for a candidate.

And, by the way, I'm in the same position as you or approaching it. I've max'ed out SS payments for the last 24 years with quite a few to come. Bullshit on them changing the deal now. I want a refund.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #13
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
That is bullshit and it will never pass. I didn't have time to read your link but if Krispy Kreme really is advocating that position, he has toasted himself as a candidate for 2016.

The government made a deal with you a long time ago and you held up your end of the bargain....admittedly under duress and without much choice. They can't change the deal now.

Are you sure this is right? I find it hard to believe that anybody running for any office would espouse this position, even if they believe in it. Fucking around with social security never gets check marks in the plus column for a candidate.

And, by the way, I'm in the same position as you or approaching it. I've max'ed out SS payments for the last 24 years with quite a few to come. Bullshit on them changing the deal now. I want a refund.
So you won't be voting for Frank Underwood in 2016?
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #14
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

The problem with SS is that if they are going to make it solvent past a certain point, someone is going to have to get screwed. They will have to make a cutoff and everyone who doesn't make the cutoff will get fucked.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #15
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 284979

Quote:

No, it's not fair. I heard they even tax social security if it's over a certain amount! Geeze, didn't we already pay taxes for social security? I thought most of the extreme rights on this board were against safety nets. . .lol!

I think taxes should be raised on the major multi-national corporations like GE (who, by the way, did not pay one dime in taxes according to their elaborate return one year recently). The problem is these major multi-national corporations are buying other smaller ones and merging which gives them a powerful monopoly over consumer prices. It's called corporate fascism.
SeekingTruth is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women