Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70470
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453029
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47749
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default Just to add to the conversation and a Bush win!

A student asked about the election the other day (when do we know who wins and all) and my answer swerved into strange territory.

On November 8th, we all vote and the voting is over. Each state will count their votes and a slate of electors is elected to represent the state. (So we know on November 8th?) Not exactly, because the electors really elect the president. They cast their votes in December. (So when do we know?) Probably November 8th, but officially we don't know until the Congress counts the electoral votes in January. (Won't the electoral votes be known before that?) Traditionally, knowing who won each state we will know which state of electors will be chosen BUT electors don't have to vote with the state. (What?) Yep, electors don't have it carved in stone that they have to go along with the state. The last time this happened was 1976 in the Carter v Ford election. Of course, anyone who goes against the party can kiss their career path goodbye. (So they will vote like the state voted?) Very likely but it is possible that the establishment pols who will make up the electors could decide to desert en masse for someone else. If the GOP knows it won the elections already on November 8th then they could all vote for JEB Bush. Or, more likely, some of them could decided that they can't vote for Trump in any circumstance and deny Trump the win. Of course Hillary doesn't win either and the election goes to the House. (Won't the country be upset?) The country would be furious. Pitchforks and torches would descend on DC for an answer. The Constitution is clear even if people haven't read it or understand it.

So we will know on the night of November 8th who the next president is going to be....probably but there is a very small, teeny-weeny chance of something else happening.

This might help make things clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVImK7DFFU
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 12:40 AM   #2
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I brought that up in another thread, but with Soros bribing those electors to vote hillary in contravention to state results and denying Trump a win.

I think there will be attempts to deny Trump a win by whatever means if it does happen.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #3
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
I brought that up in another thread, but with Soros bribing those electors to vote hillary in contravention to state results and denying Trump a win.

I think there will be attempts to deny Trump a win by whatever means if it does happen.
heres the link I forgot to post

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...post1058844669
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #4
gnadfly
Account Disabled

If memory serves, the electoral voters have not completely voted for the candidate they were supposed to, but when it happened, it was only one or two "miscasts."

With Trump winning Michigan last I read there would have to be a systematic breakdown in order for Clinton to pull it out. However, she's conceded and should be advising the Dem supporters to follow the constitution.

My concern is trumped up criminal charges (pun intended) and civil lawsuits against Trump between now and inauguration day.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:38 AM   #5
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
If memory serves, the electoral voters have not completely voted for the candidate they were supposed to, but when it happened, it was only one or two "miscasts."

With Trump winning Michigan last I read there would have to be a systematic breakdown in order for Clinton to pull it out. However, she's conceded and should be advising the Dem supporters to follow the constitution.

My concern is trumped up criminal charges (pun intended) and civil lawsuits against Trump between now and inauguration day.
He can delay all that stuff for at least 4 years. No way he has time for petty BS and who is going to enforce it?
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 AM   #6
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the idea.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women