Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40408
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35597
Mojojo33117

Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #61
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
I've done six continents (plus a bunch of islands) and around 50 countries (I can't figure out how to count some of them that were one country when I visited but are now two or more), and here's one thing I've noticed to be generally true:

Pick any place in the world. Find the people there that were born very far away, whether they are living there or just passing through on business or pleasure or are refugees from some distant land or..., and they will *tend* (i.e., there are exceptions) to be people who are uncommonly interesting and able in some way or the other...people well worth getting to know. Travel is a sieve that *tends* to filter out ordinary folks, imo and experience.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." -Mark Twain

-Ww
+1

Like Ww, I've traveled somewhat extensively, but not as much as he has. I'm at about 47 countries & 5 continents. And I have lived in two Latin American countries for extended periods.

I will say that if you travel and spend your time in wealthy hotels and sightseeing venues, you have cheated yourself. You also need to be in the countrysides and slums to get the full picture of a country. Otherwise, you see it through rose colored glasses.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #62
texasgoldengirl
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7883

As a single female traveling alone in an underground industry, I can assure everyone I felt safer in every country I visited (with one exception) than I do walking the streets in American buying groceries. America has many great things about it and many freedoms, it is also incredibly dangerous for women. American women might be pleasantly surprised as they travel abroad. Pickpockets abound but women are not the specific target of violence like they are in America.

As others have noted here, it's not hard not to be a stereotypical Ugly American. Use common sense and manners, just like you would when traveling in the States. You'll make faux pas, everyone forgives you if you recognize your mistake and apologize. Very few people expect you to behave like a local when you obviously are not. Being observant helps, like learning the correct way to pay for a bill in a restaurant. Just copy what the locals do as much as possible. Easy!

As for the cost of travel, the best way to cheat that is to find places where the dollar is still strong. These are poorer countries but they can still be very safe for travelers (as long as you're careful with your possessions when on the street). Hanging with the locals not only saves you money but allows you to discover the country in a delightful way. Just make sure to acclimate your stomach for a few days before going all-local with the restaurants!

XX
Amanda
texasgoldengirl is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #63
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgoldengirl View Post
As a single female traveling alone in an underground industry, I can assure everyone I felt safer in every country I visited (with one exception) than I do walking the streets in American buying groceries. America has many great things about it and many freedoms, it is also incredibly dangerous for women. American women might be pleasantly surprised as they travel abroad. Pickpockets abound but women are not the specific target of violence like they are in America.
Very well said Amanda.
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #64
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
XX
Amanda
Amanda--you just stubbed your toe on one of my pet peeves. You use the term "American/America" as a substitute for "US Citizen/US."

There is more than just one country that exists in the two continents that make up the Americas. Every person in North America and South America is an "American." Every country is an American country. To limit the term(s) to the United States disenfranchises the identities of other countries/citizens living in the Americas.

Just sayin'.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #65
Bluntman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
Well, we'll talk about that on the 21st, maybe I can be your personal tour guide
I would love to get to see London through your eyes I am sure you would be able to show me London the way it is supposed to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
+1

Like Ww, I've traveled somewhat extensively, but not as much as he has. I'm at about 47 countries & 5 continents. And I have lived in two Latin American countries for extended periods.

I will say that if you travel and spend your time in wealthy hotels and sightseeing venues, you have cheated yourself. You also need to be in the countrysides and slums to get the full picture of a country. Otherwise, you see it through rose colored glasses.
I completely agree, when I traveled asia I usually had a friend who lived in the country and I would be able to see a side of the country that a regular tourist never would.
Bluntman is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #66
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
19 countries and 47 states.

Saw the communist graffiti painted on the monolithic apartment buildings in Rome. Heard and saw dominos being slapped down on tables as good friends played and jested amidst the slums in Panama City, Panama where people live in shanties of cardboard and tin. Watched a Jordanian wedding party motor up and down the streets of Aqaba with horns blaring. Crossed a jungle river on a hand-cranked ferry in Belize. Drank beer to excess with Norwegian Heavy Metal Headbangers in Oslo until dawn. And there’s the Korean B-girl prostitute near Daegu.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #67
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default The bigger question is our lack of being multi linguistic, IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
So I was reading this article on CNN, seems there's only 30% of Americans that have passports!!??...That is insane to me...Was just wondering how many of you all have passports and have traveled abroad, and for those of you who haven't, I'm interested to know why....

It really is not weird if you look at cost and logistics. Below are two articles that explain it better.

I travel , much more so in the past but I have gotten to dread the long flights, so I have been going on much shorter jaunts to Mexico or Caribbean. That is like taking a train from Amsterdam to Paris.

I'm going snow skiing to Argentina this summer(their winter) but that is going to be a long 8 hour flight to BA and then another 3 hours to their ski resorts. I would not be doing it if I didn't wanna screw some hot chicks and check on some real estate. lol

http://americaintheworld.typepad.com/home/2008/09/american-geogra.html
One of the most frequent criticisms of America is the suggestion that Americans are insular. The fact that 'only' 34% of Americans own a passport is often used to substantiate this point (although the extent of ownership is often understated).
Justin Webb tackles this perception in his book:
"Anti-Americans complain about the attitude of Americans towards the rest of the world, about the insularity of American life, about the percentage of Americans who have passports or have been to Vladivostock or speak fluent Swahili. Yet outsiders - particularly Europeans - often have only the vaguest idea of where Kansas is, or Rhode Island, or indeed New Mexico. And how many British people - proud owners of passports - actually use them only to travel to France or Spain, the equivalent of a jaunt from Chicago to South Carolina, to get some sun and pop home?"
That's the key point. Do most Brits hold passports for mind-exploring travel? How many use their passport simply for a beer-fueled weekend in Prague or to enjoy the clubs of Ibiza? We're not trying to say that holidays in Prague or Ibiza are necessarily wrong; only that a European sense of superiority may be misplaced.
The American landmass is 9,826,630 km²; forty times greater than the land mass of the UK (244,820 km²). Within the borders of the USA is almost every form of natural attraction. America is more of a continent than a nation.
Webb turns the tables on Europeans. Europeans are sniffy about American ignorance of Europe but how many Europeans know that much about America:
"You can be ignorant about how a light bulb works but still cut it in polite society if you know what Proust was getting at. Similarly among the sophisticates of the world, a knowledge of the geography of Europe (where is Lichtenstein?) counts for a lot more than similar knowledge about the United States. Where is Nebraska? Don't care."

http://www.theexpeditioner.com/2010/02/17/how-many-americans-have-a-passport-2/

Money
One is cost. As Katy of the Missourian points out, given the average income and costs associated with raising kids for the average American, and given the costs of traveling abroad, even the cheapest trip abroad would essentially bankrupt a typical family (check out her financial breakdown here).
Culture
No doubt Americans just don’t have the history and drive that, say, the British have for international travel. Simon Winchester in the 2009 edition of “The Best American Travel Writing” has this to say on that subject:
There was essentially no empire (the Philippines, Puerto Rico, and a scattering of Pacific islands excepted), and hence little by way of imperial legacy. The country is formidably isolated by thousands of miles of ocean from almost anywhere truly foreign, and getting abroad is very much more costly. Americans seldom went to seek their fortunes overseas, as British so often did . . . [and there] is little tradition of American exploration (aside from exploration-as-entertainment put on for the benefit of a number of some rather dubious but fashionable clubs and societies).
Maybe It’s Not That Bad
It’s also worth pointing out that although some places like the U.K. are just teeming with passports (71% of the population at last count), at least Americans aren’t as bad in this respect compared to, say, the Chinese, whose 20 million passport holders make up a measly 1.5% of the population. Also, Americans come respectfully third in the number of international departures, behind Germany and the United Kingdom (of course this is a little skewed given population numbers).
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #68
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianne View Post
I too am someone who has spent a considerable amount of time abroad both living and travelling and yet there is always so much more I would like to see both abroad and in the US.

But I agree - costs and as well perhaps the differences - language "barriers" and cultural differences - would probably play a role in the lack of or hesitation to travel abroad.
You ever been to Maine & Mississippi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
Another one of your stupid disgusting comments. Do not comment about my parts if you have not met me ok? Thank you.
Lighten up gal...if you dish it out you have to learn to take it as well...it is a hazard of posting here...(in my opinion) Charles meant it in a nice way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahiaraQ View Post
The REAL reason americans dont travel abroad is airfare is too damn high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWRaven View Post
Sorry... I have to disagree...

Most Flights in and out of Dallas cost more than a round trip to Europe.. If you take into consideration the cost to check a bag.. 1 bag free for International travel.. And the length of trip and taxes

I have flown from DFW to Kiev Ukraine for 650 plus Taxes 950 round trip...
DFW to Vegas.. You can find cheaper... but normally runs close to 300.. then add in Baggage fees.. Your looking at $400 for a 2 ½ hour flight...
Yes, More expensive to Europe... But not so much to be what I'd term excessive
It isn't the airfare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
I've done six continents (plus a bunch of islands) and around 50 countries (I can't figure out how to count some of them that were one country when I visited but are now two or more), and here's one thing I've noticed to be generally true:

Pick any place in the world. Find the people there that were born very far away, whether they are living there or just passing through on business or pleasure or are refugees from some distant land or..., and they will *tend* (i.e., there are exceptions) to be people who are uncommonly interesting and able in some way or the other...people well worth getting to know. Travel is a sieve that *tends* to filter out ordinary folks, imo and experience.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." -Mark Twain

-Ww
Interesting, yes. A better class of people? debatable. I do think people that have "lived life" including travel have a broader perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Natalee Holloway is the name you are looking for. Aruba is the country.

Everyone has their own comfort level concerning international travel. Lets all be more respectful of each others opinions on the matter. For instance, I would love to see the Great Pyramids and Sphinx in Egypt but I won't be traveling there anytime soon.
Great...another drive-by super mod
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #69
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Amanda--you just stubbed your toe on one of my pet peeves. You use the term "American/America" as a substitute for "US Citizen/US."

There is more than just one country that exists in the two continents that make up the Americas. Every person in North America and South America is an "American." Every country is an American country. To limit the term(s) to the United States disenfranchises the identities of other countries/citizens living in the Americas.

Just sayin'.
Translation: the pussy is cheaper on the "other side of town" & we all know Charles likes a bargain
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #70
Logan135
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

I think one of the main reasons some people don't travel abroad is the fact that most don't like to get out of their "comfort zone" or fear of the unknown, take your pick.

Traveling to different countries and having to deal with different rules, different cultures, different languages is intimidating to many. Then throw in their perceptions based on movies and the media and they choose a staycation instead.

ps - relatively new to the site but have become fans of Valerie, London and Naomi among others. You all are very articulate and outspoken.....that's hot to me (I'm attracted to your mind and body )
Logan135 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #71
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Lighten up gal...if you dish it out you have to learn to take it as well...it is a hazard of posting here...(in my opinion) Charles meant it in a nice way
... and we all know I am not too fond of his character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan135 View Post
I think one of the main reasons some people don't travel abroad is the fact that most don't like to get out of their "comfort zone" or fear of the unknown, take your pick.

I agree. Fear is only lack of knowledge, people fear what they do not understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan135 View Post

ps - relatively new to the site but have become fans of Valerie, London and Naomi among others. You all are very articulate and outspoken.....that's hot to me (I'm attracted to your mind and body )
Thanks sweetie!
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #72
Wwanderer
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
I'll second that observation. Money and travel are an odd combination in the sense that too little travel prevents you from traveling extensively, but too much money can make every place you go the same for you, i.e., you have very similar experiences everywhere, if you are not careful/clever about it.

-Ww
Wwanderer is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #73
Wwanderer
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Interesting, yes. A better class of people? debatable. I do think people that have "lived life" including travel have a broader perspective.
I agree, more interesting and unusual, not necessarily better. (It is hardly surprising that I agree, since that is what I said, "interesting".)

And, it makes perfectly good sense too. If a person is much further from their origin than most of those around them, there is usually a reason of some sort, something unusual about them or something unusual that happened in their life. Unusual = interesting, at least for me.

-Ww
Old 02-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #74
Wwanderer
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
I agree. Fear is only lack of knowledge, people fear what they do not understand.
I also agree...and would add that overcoming that fear (lack of "comfort") by gaining knowledge and understanding is a major benefit of travel, arguably the major benefit.

Another is the fresh perspectives it gives you on your home country, culture etc. This is maybe the most astonishing consequence of travel...suddenly seeing all of the things about "home" that were previously invisible to you due to being too familiar to notice, too natural and obvious to question etc.

-Ww
Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #75
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Being a young nigerian "girl" living in the states I am open to traveling to and learning about other countries and different cultures.
If I spend time with you, can I pass on visiting Nigeria? the NGFE = Nigerian Girl Friend Experience?

Quote:
Even if all of us aren't jet-setting around on our own private aircraft
Sorry my G5s are in the shop.
Quote:
What amazes me is the high percentage of stereotypical dumb Americans who do travel abroad. Holding a passport does not mean you know how to travel or have any better manners than those left at home. XX Amanda
I do my best to avoid appearing as the ugly American tourist, but sometimes it just happens. I'll try to dress to the environs of the country I visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusemeant View Post
Before we start talking about why Americans don't travel abroad, we should talk about why they don't travel at all.
Many are very provincial. Sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
I love to travel. My travels have given me enormous insights into other cultures. I was in Paris where I enjoyed being despised by a French bus driver. I was touring Italy where I was mistaken as being German. I enjoyed the fact that I was not immediately identified as “the ugly American.” It was years later that I heard that Italians tolerate Germans even less than they tolerate Americans. My bubble was burst! LOL
I tell 'em I'm Canadian (will I get worse service?)

Out of country I love to head down a street and see where it goes. Time to kill. Grab a bottle of vino/champagne and some cheese and chill. Unless I have lunch/dinner reservations. {you can call me anything, just don't call me "late for dinner"}.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women