Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59992
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 02-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #91
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

And for reference, in my letter, I used the term "civil discourse" not "civility." No need to get one's undies in a bunch.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #92
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
You can attempt to control the civility on the board. But look in a mirror and tell me it's possible to control stupidity and lame thinking.
Charles, your point was moronic and indicated that you have no understanding of the economics of insurance whatsoever. I am hardly bothered by your "well your Mom is ugly" response.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #93
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Oh, yeah!

I forgot about that one. Something like the "English Rule" would be a positive step.

Of course, the American Association for Justice (a misnomer if there ever was one) might have a little bit of a problem with these ideas.
I'll take looser pays in a heartbeat if it works both ways. Unfortunately, the proposals that are out there now, if the Plaintiff wins, he still pays his own attorneys fees. But if the Defendant wins, the Plaintiff pays his attorney's fees.

I've tried over 150 cases in my legal career and I've lost 5. (And by win, I mean beat the last offer, not just got some verdict.) If looser pays had been the law, I would have settled a lot more of those. cases.

And you are probably wrong about AAJ taking looser pays. If it's a fair, straight-up, either side gets their full attorney's fees, AAJ might well take it.

Frankly, there are many fewer frivolous lawsuits than most people think. If I bring a bad law suit, no one is going to pay me for it. I've got to put $15k - $250k in expenses into it. And I only get paid if I win. Plus, I get offered probably five lawsuits for every one I have time to take. Why would I take a bad one?
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #94
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Nobody here is picking on Stella. What we are complaining about is a legal system that produces "lottery winners". The "Stella Awards" are pretty good examples of such. maybe TTH will fish up some "facts" that appear to make these decisions reasonable too -- but I'm highly skeptical.
I gave you a link that showed that they were made up out of whole cloth and not true. I can't do much more than that.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #95
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyboyd View Post
The other thing that might help is if we actually started seeing lawyers be sued for legal malpractice, the pain and suffering that they cause, and being nailed for unethical conduct. Right now, there is this attitude that all's fair in love, war, and lawsuits. As along as you win, it is all good.

I am in a case right now where a medical expert witness supposedly wrote two opinions, one in 2008 and 2010. The expert was then deposed and stated he only wrote one opinion in 2008. The plaintiff's attorney calls a recess and despite the deposition having only gone for twenty minutes, the expert and the attorney took a 45 minute break.

It is obvious to everyone involved that the lawyer wrote a medical opinion and signed the doctor's name to it. During the recess, one attorney looks at the two opinions and sees that the signature is exactly the same. The lawyers then talk among themselves and one says, "Yeah, lawyer so and so lectured at a medical malpractice conference and he said that you don't need to get a doctor for a medical opinion. You can just write your own and pay some doctor to sign off on it."

One lawyer senses how pissed off I am and warns me not to do anything. She says, "Woody, this medical expert is an idiot. We want him to be the plaintiff's expert."

The plaintiff's attorney and medical expert finally return. Instead of saying he wrote only one medical opinion, the medical expert says he doesn't remember signing the second one. He then refuses to answer any other questions about the second opinion under the advice of the plaintiff's attorney.

So for all these lawyers saying that if not for them the little guy would get abused, I call bullshit. Every lawyer involved should have stood up and turned this plaintiff's attorney into the bar right then and there for putting forward a completely fraudulent medical opinion. By not doing so, they are basically approving of completely unethical behavior.

Can you imagine the precedent this sets? If some corporation is contaminating your drinking water with lead, a corporate attorney can just write an opinion, say there is no lead in the water, and sign an expert's name to it without fear of reprisal. And you know what their defense would be? These lawyers would state that they were just acting in the best interests of their client.

Falsifying the opinion of experts is now business as usual in our legal system.
Why didn't you turn him in?

http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template....ontentID=12582
Old 02-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #96
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I don't.

It has strayed far afield from the OP, but I don't care.
this would be an interesting topic for a qualitative research on why topics stray into different directions and how it got triggered. I like the straying. Its creative.
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #97
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Its a shame he didn't warn about stupidity and lame thinking.
they never do. stupidity and lame thinking is not considered uncivil isn`t it? Just if you give an uncivil response to said attributes you get warned , right
Old 02-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #98
Guest083011
Account Disabled

I might be going out on a limb here, but I have this feeling Charles and PJ will not be having lunch together in the foreseeable future. That being the case, the horse is dead. No need to hit it anymore.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #99
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
I might be going out on a limb here, but I have this feeling Charles and PJ will not be having lunch together in the foreseeable future. That being the case, the horse is dead. No need to hit it anymore.
Well, although our disagreements are stark, there are some small issues on which we agree. Damn! Nobody's perfect. Not having lunch is more of a logistics issue, PJ being in FL and all. Of course, agree on a place might be difficult. I'll pick cuisine, if PJ picks the place. He's probably much more knowledgeable about specific eateries than I am anyway.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #100
Guest083011
Account Disabled

OMG those two are going to LFK!!!! ewwww ack cough
Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #101
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Quite a mental image, eh folks?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #102
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
sure they do, but only if i cook :-)
Old 02-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #103
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
sure they do, but only if i cook :-)
MFM...on the bucket list...but way down the list. But, I'm willing to give it a shot if the opportunity arises.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #104
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

MFM wouldn't be my first choice either, but Chuck and I would just have to take one for the team.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #105
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Thanks guys , that`s so sweet and considerate of you two. Helping a lady in need :-)
Oh and i`d invite both of you for dinner, since when i cook it comes close to food poisoning ;-)

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women