Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70478
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47765
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37106
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #136
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
There. I fixed it for you. It was in response to this irrelevant statement.

"Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Those of you who are taking another persons life because you are unable to know if the person is or isn't a threat to you need better training.You are the type who shoots a family member in the night ."

I don't need a idiot like you trying to help me out,You need more training...
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #137
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Keep repeating that to youreself.

Sooner or later it will make you feel intellectually superior.
Sooner rather than later. But it really does not matter to me. I've managed to gain a level of success in my life that I am very content with. I try not to compare myself with others to make me feel better or worse about my standing. From your posts, you have a strong need to feel superior to others. That is fine. We are all differrent, with different opinions and views on many subjects. The only thing we can be sure of is that we will all die.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #138
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Breaking News from CNN:

Two firefighters shot dead in upstate New York

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/24/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t1
Is that in the vicinity of Syracuse?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #139
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I try not to compare myself with others to make me feel better or worse about my standing.
Mr. MBA ... you just did. See above.
From your posts, you have a strong need to feel superior to others. That is fine.
Did you get that ability to psychoanalyze from your MBA?
If you actually read most of my posts, I will challenge someone, like you, who spouts off bullshit about "what the law it" or "what the law is not" .... because actually, {more than likely not you, because having an MBA, you already know it all), there are people who read this threads and believe what people with MBA's and lots of reviews say about what the law is .... or what the law is not. And I reasonably fair and balanced about it.

In other words, I don't just pick on folks with MBA's from New York, who come down here to Texas (or California) and try to give us advice on how things out to be run ... particularly when it comes to guns and shootings ....

Originally Posted by LexusLover
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-to-blaze?lite

Mr. Syracuse MBA, here's some of your New Yorkers at work!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #140
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
You need more training...
For what ... responding to your lame posts?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #141
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
However, since I live in Texas and sincerely enjoy the life that I lead here,
I think you mentioned .... firearm free? I might add.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #142
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=LexusLover;1052102642]If you actually read most of my posts, I will challenge someone, like you, who spouts off bullshit about "what the law it" or "what the law is not" .... because actually, {more than likely not you, because having an MBA, you already know it all), there are people who read this threads and believe what people with MBA's and lots of reviews say about what the law is .... or what the law is not. And I reasonably fair and balanced about it.

In other words, I don't just pick on folks with MBA's from New York, who come down here to Texas (or California) and try to give us advice on how things out to be run ... particularly when it comes to guns and shootings ....

Here's a challenge for you, Mr. Idiot. In all my posts in whichever thread or threads you choose, show me where any statement of FACT that I've made is incorrect. If you don't like my opinions, tough shit. Live with it. Believe it or not, not everyone in this world is going to agree with you just because you have the biggest mouth.

"out to be run"??? 3rd grade education here?? The word is "ought".
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #143
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think you mentioned .... firearm free? I might add.
Definitely firearm free for me. That's what makes this nation great. You can freely choose to own or not own a firearm.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #144
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I try not to compare myself with others to make me feel better or worse about my standing.
Mr. MBA ... you just did. See above.
From your posts, you have a strong need to feel superior to others. That is fine.
Did you get that ability to psychoanalyze from your MBA?

I compared myself to no one. Since I don't know the backgrounds of others, whether it be you, BigTex, Budman, DPEmic05, or any of the others who have posted in this thread, it is impossible for me to make a comparative statement. I posted a part of my life's story to show you, once again, how wrong you were in stating that people from Cedar Park were trailer trash. Of course, it depends on your definition of 'trailer trash".

To psychoanalyze people like you is not difficult at all. Just as you psychoanalyzed me and classified me as trailer trash.

BTW, another case of you beiing WRONG. I never said I got an MBA from Syracuse. I said I graduated from Syracuse and then went on to get an MBA.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #145
B.Wayne
BANNED

Encounters: 18

I have just skimmed through these posts. So I don't know if what I say has already been said before, I had to filter through some posts.

I don't believe guns should be banned. Not even the "evil black assault rifles." The fact is, if you were a criminal, then you would get whatever you could. If it happend to be an AK-47 then are you seriously going to try to ban assault rifles for legal law abiding citizens to own? Why? If you could legally own the same assault weapon as the criminal who obtains it through illegal means, you would stand a better chance of defending yourself. Plus there are enthusiasts that collect them.

Banning is not going to happen. The 2nd Ammendment guarantees us as Americans the right to defend ourselves against Tyranny. I think it was Michael Moore that tried to debate that the 2nd Amendment was outdated and needed to be updated. The funny thing about that is, I bet if you told him the 1st Amendment was outdated he would probably argue that it was not. (go figure huh?)

Do guns kill people? short answer ( in spanish)..No. Do bullets kill people? short answer (in English)..No. Bullets need guns or something with a spring loaded firing pin to function. Guns need bullets to be effective. Bullets and Guns Need eachother to work. Without bullets, a gun is just a piece of metal/wood/polymer(plastic). Without guns, bullets are just little pieces of brass/copper/silver(for you werewolf hunters)...But all that stuff combined together STILL doesn't kill people.(crazy right?) The PERSON that squeezes the trigger is the one that kills.

They don't have to use guns in order to kill someone either. Even if a person may get shot, still does not guarantee a death. People survive gun shots. There are however, idiots that just plain and simple don't need to own guns. Simply put, they are just trigger happy idiots. But also some people freeze up. I read a news article about a shooting that happend in a mall. There was a guy that had a concealed cary permit and was in the store when it happend and he could actually see the gunman. Bottom line, he froze and didn't pull his gun. He was just shocked at what was happening. And there is even some people in law enforcement that don't and shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun because of ALOT of reasons(scary huh?)

As for scenario situations. Cops and military are better trained/experienced in some situations. The average citizen isn't. It's easy to look at something from the outside and say, "they should have done this." or " I would have done, That." The fact is, unless you train and run through scenarios, chances are you probably won't know how you are going to react until you are in that situation. You never know what it's like until you have went through it. The guy or girl might of had a different take on it when they were scared/confused/adrenaline pumping/shaking, than someone watching from a distance and pointing out mistakes and should have, could have, would have. And let's be honest, you know some of you guys couldn't hit the side of a barn haha. Factor in alcohol and/or substance abuse and the field view can change a little bit.

Regulations. Perhapes looking at more mental stability/health cases would be better. Or put restrictions on bullets/tools to make bullets, rather than banning guns. Criminals simply do not care what guns you ban or are restricted to, they go outside of the law. Show of hands, has anyone here heard of an honest criminal? If they don't get a gun, they will get something else to do the job, they will get whatever they can get their hands on. (probably stolen,..ok, definately stolen. They are criminals after all.).
B.Wayne is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #146
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I challenge you to find any source of reliable information that shows Texas to be a safer state than N.Y when it comes to violent crime.

Is the Federal Bureau of Investigation ... Uniform Crime Reports .... ok with you?

FYI; Here are the FBI's caveats (you know that word from your MBA):

“It is incumbent upon all data users to become as well educated as possible about how to understand and quantify the nature and extent of crime in the United States and in any of the more than 18,000 jurisdictions represented by law enforcement contributors to the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program. Valid assessments are possible only with careful study and analysis of the various unique conditions affecting each local law enforcement jurisdiction.”
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/caution-against-ranking

“Historically, the causes and origins of crime have been the subjects of investigation by many disciplines. Some factors that are known to affect the volume and type of crime occurring from place to place are:
  • Population density and degree of urbanization.
  • Variations in composition of the population, particularly youth concentration.
  • Stability of the population with respect to residents’ mobility, commuting patterns, and transient factors.
  • Modes of transportation and highway system.
  • Economic conditions, including median income, poverty level, and job availability.
  • Cultural factors and educational, recreational, and religious characteristics.
  • Family conditions with respect to divorce and family cohesiveness.
  • Climate.
  • Effective strength of law enforcement agencies.
  • Administrative and investigative emphases of law enforcement.
  • Policies of other components of the criminal justice system (i.e., prosecutorial, judicial, correctional, and probational).
  • Citizens’ attitudes toward crime.
  • Crime reporting practices of the citizenry.”
For instance:

“The transience of the population, its racial and ethnic makeup, its composition by age and gender, educational levels, and prevalent family structures are all key factors in assessing and comprehending the crime issue.”

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/caution-against-ranking

Given the "transience of the population" .. like you coming down to Texas in 1992 ... to settle in the Austin area ... and "with you" came along a lot of other folks who migrate down here, partcularly when the economy gets sluggish or bad, because it is less expensive to live in warmer, friendler climates, as you have no doubt discovered, even from your intellectual pinnacle ... here is what the 2011 FBI-UCR provided

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-5

I did the spreadsheet for you with the per capita computations:

New York
Population 19,465,194
Violent Crimes 77,490
Per Capita 251
Murders 774
Per Capita 25,149

Texas
Population 25,674,681
Violent Crimes 104,873
Per Capita 245
Murders 1,126
Per Capita 22,802

Forgive the lining up, but it does appear that New York has a higher murder and violent crime rate per capita.

Now I am granting you that the numbers are close and even within a "statistical margin of error" and particularly based on the variables that the FBI includes in its "caveat" (there's that word again), but the "caveats" apply to ALL STATES, even New York! Given the high influx of "immigrants" from other STATES and COUNTRIES, it takes little imagination, even from an MBA from Syracus to comprehend that the stats might be heavily weighted from those variables posited by the FBI when comparing to New York .... which only allows an occastional terrorist across her borders to engage in a sapper attack or a passenger-airliner-kamikaze attack in in NYC.

It's not really arrogance or condescending, Mr. MBA-Syracuse, it's reality.

The FBI-UCR trumps the Wall Street Journal.

If Texas could seal its borders without you liberals whing all the time, keep guns from being shipped across to the drug dealers, and beef up our border presence, while at the same time sending all the drifters from up North back from where they came, we would have even lower "per-capita" rates!

Use your MBA.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #147
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
For what ... responding to your lame posts?

No idiot so you will know the diff between a threat or a neighbor.Take a CCL class.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #148
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
If you actually read most of my posts, I will challenge someone, like you, who spouts off bullshit about "what the law it" or "what the law is not" [/I]
And you've been proven wrong, and then disappeared. While I agree with many of your posts, you do not know what the law is, or how it can be interpreted. I have proven that, and idiots on here still talk about how you "handed me my ass." Did not happen, and you know it. So you might want to stick to topics you know something about.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #149
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
No idiot so you will know the diff between a threat or a neighbor.Take a CCL class.
Damn you are a fucking idiot.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #150
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Why?
If they teach you in one that a neighbor cannot be a threat, ..

..... then it's a waste of money, AND DANGEROUS!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women