Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60016
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47615
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Default Death of Disabled man with Down Syndrome ruled homicide (cops get off with no charges)

I am not exactly sure how this happens. It was ruled a homicide, but the cops involved were not charged with anything. This by the way was in the Washington Post and several other news sites, not just this Police State USA site.

Links PSUSA and Washington Post

FREDERICK, MD — New details have emerged of the death of a mentally handicapped man, killed inside a movie theater in January while wearing police handcuffs. The official cause of death was asphyxiation, and an autopsy has revealed that the man suffered a peculiar injury — fractured throat cartilage — which one expert says could only have been caused by force of some kind. Force, which could have included a direct blow or manual strangulation. The officers still remain on the force, and many questions remain.

On January 12, 2013, Robert Ethan Saylor was watching “Zero Dark Thirty” inside the Westview Promenade theater in Frederick, MD. Saylor, age 26, was born with Down Syndrome and had an IQ of 40, and was in attendance to the theater with a caretaker.

At the end of the movie, Saylor had enjoyed the movie so much that he clapped. He wanted to watch it again. His not understanding the concept of tickets, and the pair’s lack of money to purchase another viewing, left them in a dilemma.

Police were called to make sure that Saylor was removed from the theater unless he paid for a second ticket.

Disputing over the price of a movie ticket, police began engaging the pair and demanding more money.

“I explained, ‘Yes, we are having a little issue, I’ll handle it. We just have to be patient,’ ” the aide wrote in her statement. “Then a sheriff came and said, ‘Another show is starting. I have to go get him out. I explained Ethan is (sic) Down syndrome.”

His caretaker pleaded with police to “wait it out,” as they had no more money to pay for another ticket. She warned police that he could not handle being touched and would “freak out.”

Police ignored the aide’s request and began to get physical wth Saylor in order to place him in handcuffs. They wrestled with him as he writhed in pain and mental discomfort.

Several people heard the officers tell Saylor that he was going to jail, reported the Washington Post.

During the confrontation, 3 deputies fell into a heap on top of Saylor on an inclined ramp. The deputies placed three sets of handcuffs on him, and was laid face down for several minutes. Saylor suddenly grew quiet and unresponsive, prompting the deputies to perform CPR.

“Next thing I know, there are I think three or four cops holding Ethan, trying to put him in handcuffs,” the aide told authorities, according to Sheriff’s Department documents. “I heard Ethan screaming, saying ‘ouch,’ ‘don’t touch me,’ ‘get off’ and crying. Next thing I hear is nothing.”

“Mommy! It hurt!” were his last words. He died of asphyxiation.

The death was ruled a homicide. The 3 deputies spent a month on paid vacation and were ultimately not charged with anything. They resumed full duties in March, the Washington Post reported.

“Each of these professionals, devoted law enforcement officers, did what was necessary under the circumstances, and they did what their training dictated that they do,” said the officers’ attorney Patrick J. McAndrew.

“The deputies did nothing wrong,” said Daniel Karp, another attorney for the sheriff’s office.

A Grand Jury heard the case and dismissed the officers, but the Saylor family’s attorney points out the lack of objectivity at the hearing, according to Your4State.com. The aide, nor any of the theater witnesses, were there to testify.

“It was a homegrown investigation done by the Sheriff’s department on the Sheriff’s department by the law enforcement going to a Grand Jury,” says Joseph Espo, the Saylor family’s attorney. ”It’s my understanding that the only witnesses [at the Grand Jury] were the investigating officer and the three deputies.”

The fractured cartilage was shown to have occurred while Saylor was still with a heartbeat. “It can be seen in a manual strangulation, ” said expert witness Dr. John Hunsaker to Your4State.com. “But in and of itself, one would be difficult to diagnose without more information. And it can occur as a result of a direct blow.”

The exact cause of the fracture is unknown and may never be known. But 3 deputies skirted through a biased Grand Jury and received several weeks of paid time off as their only reprimand for their unthinking enforcement techniques, lack of compassion, and ultimate killing of a handicapped man who idolized police.
Stan.Dupp is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp View Post
The exact cause of the fracture is unknown and may never be known. But 3 deputies ..... ultimate killing of a handicapped man who idolized police.
You know the cause. Right?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Only LL would defend cops killing a Downs Syndrome kid. He also thinks the officers need a raise, gnadfly needs more evidence before ultimate exoneration.
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women