Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35578
Mojojo33117

Old 02-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #136
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
^^ and the solar cells ""
You mean like my solar cells with a sheet of ice on them and looking up at thickly overcast skies with snow flakes cascading down? Those cells?

The dinosaurs got the message! How does it feel to be intellectually inferior to a dinosaur? But the Great Lakes are an outstanding treat and for years provided transportation across about half of the U.S. Thank you, God!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #137
oeb11
Valued Poster

LM - You can produce some valuable insight into the DPST position on issues.

Your contributions are almost invariably overshadowed by prevalent name-calling, insults, arrogance, elitism, and entitled statements about what other posters 'know'.

What of value to the Forum does that behavior bring - behavior which alienates other posters you attack for holding a different opinion????

None - no value whatsoever.

Please change your behavior on this forum!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #138
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
I haven't been wrong in this forum in over 4 years now have I??

So yeah... I will remain cocky.
If you say so, Sandy baby!

Quote:
Dumb people tend to ignore facts.
You got that right, Sandy baby!

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #139
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I said it was a distortion...

... I took exception with not what was said but what was emphasized.
Yeah, I know what you mean, wtf!

When I first started posting in this forum years ago, there was this moron who kept bad-mouthing Ronnie Reagan's economic record. I scratched my head thinking how can anyone do that with a straight face? So I ticked off a dozen or more key economic data points that markedly improved during the Gipper's Presidency.

Well, this moron shrugged it all off and started ranting about Reagan's budget deficits. He had to strain to find a fly in the ointment that he could blow out of proportion - as if it somehow overshadowed all of Ronnie's positive economic trendlines.

So yeah, it really sucks when people do that!

After I schooled this moron by pointing out that Reagan ran deficits that were much smaller as a % of GDP than those being racked up by Obama, the guy deflected by whining about the Iran contra scandal, which had nothing to do with Reaganomics.

I wish I could remember who that idiot was... got any clues, wtf?
Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 PM   #140
lustylad
Premium Access

Default Another WSJ Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I love the WSJ
In that case, read on...

More Green Blackouts Ahead

Biden’s regulators are ignoring the electrical grid’s vulnerability.

By The Editorial Board
Feb. 23, 2021 7:04 pm ET

You’d think the Texas blackouts would trigger some soul-searching about the vulnerability of America’s electrical grid. Not in today’s hothouse of climate politics. The Biden Administration is already moving to stop an examination of grid vulnerability to promote unreliable renewable energy sources.

Regulators have been warning for years that the grid is becoming shakier as cheap natural gas and heavily subsidized renewables replace steady coal and nuclear baseload power. “The nation’s power grid will be stressed in ways never before experienced” due to “an unprecedented resource-mix change,” the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) warned in 2011.

It added: “Environmental regulations are shown to be the number one risk to reliability over the next one to five years.” But the Obama Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) refused to consider how climate policies would affect reliability. Since 2011 about 90 gigawatts (GW) of coal capacity have shut down, replaced by some 120 GW of wind and solar and 60 GW of gas power capacity.

But renewables don’t generate power around-the-clock as gas, nuclear and coal do. Gas plants depend on just-in-time fuel deliveries, which aren’t reliable in extreme weather. Government-made pipeline bottlenecks constrain deliveries in the Northeast. Liberals also say Texas could have better weathered the Arctic blast if its grid didn’t rely almost entirely on in-state power.

But the Southwest Power Pool, north of Texas, and the Midwest power grid—both of which rely heavily on wind backed by gas—also experienced power outages last week due to surging demand, declining wind production and gas shortages. California relies on gas and imports to back up its solar power. But last summer California couldn’t get enough power from its neighbors amid a heat wave that strained the entire Western grid. Hydropower from the Northwest and coal from Utah couldn’t stop blackouts.

The wind lobby says Texas should have required thermal (nuclear, gas, coal) plants to be weatherized to withstand single-digit temperatures. Perhaps, but wind still performed the worst during the blackout, generating power at 12% of its capacity compared to 76% for nuclear, 39% for coal, and 38% for gas, according to a data analysis by the Center of the American Experiment.

The ice-cold reality is that grid regulators across the U.S. are struggling to keep the power on during extreme weather. They have been able to avoid more blackouts by ordering energy conservation. But Texas shows that conservation isn’t enough, as government mandates make America more reliant on electric power for everything from heating to cars.

Most Texans use electricity for heating. Many pipeline gas compressors are electrified due to federal emissions rules so the blackouts limited gas deliveries to power plants. They also shut down water pumps and treatment centers.

Yet progressives want to make Americans even more dependent on the grid by banning gas hookups in homes and mandating electric cars. This is a recipe for blackouts nationwide as coal and nuclear plants retire because they can’t compete against subsidized renewables. New England’s grid operator in 2018 predicted outages in the winter of 2024-2025 in most cases it analyzed.

Blame in part New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has blocked new gas pipelines from Pennsylvania to his state and New England. He has also ordered the Indian Point nuclear plant, which has historically provided a third of the Big Apple’s power, to close this April. Renewables generate 2% of downstate power, so New York will depend more on gas, which means less for New England. New York’s grid operator recently warned of “resource gaps” and “energy shortfalls.”

In 2018 FERC finally began examining these grid resilience challenges. But its new Democratic Chairman, Richard Glick, closed the inquiry last week. He cited the lack of regulatory action, but the real reason is that grid resilience conflicts with the Biden climate agenda.

Mr. Glick also ordered a review of FERC’s gas-pipeline permitting to address effects on “environmental justice communities” such as Native Americans and minorities and “ways in which the Commission may mitigate those effects.” He is soliciting public comment on a compressor station in Weymouth, Mass., that has increased gas flow to New England.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren and the climate lobby want the compressor shut down to keep more gas in the ground, no matter if the resulting power shortfalls and price spikes harm low-income communities. “On top of being unlawful, the Order is bad policy,” Republican Commissioner James Danly said in dissent, adding it “impairs regulatory certainty and arrogates to the Commission authority it does not have.”

When the blackouts arrive, don’t say Americans weren’t warned.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/more-gr...ad-11614125061
Old 02-25-2021, 04:34 AM   #141
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Diverting from Trump's paltry GDP numbers yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean, wtf!

I wish I could remember who that idiot was... got any clues, wtf?
Sounds like you're getting senile...

Who is your daddy!

I been schooling you since you showed up in this forum.

Reagan started us on this trajectory of debt not mattering. He can go fuck himself in hell. He benefited from pent up demand because of Volcker wish to break inflation. Other than that I liked Reagan.

Care to tell me how much debt Trump is going to average per year?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:15 AM   #142
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default School is in, sharpening your pencil lustylad? Or your head?

Quote:
In that case, read on...

Yet progressives want to make Americans even more dependent on the grid by banning gas hookups in homes and mandating electric cars. This is a recipe for blackouts nationwide as coal and nuclear plants retire because they can’t compete against subsidized renewables.

l]

You keep posting editorial opinion pieces. You understand they sometimes try and cherry pick the facts to promote their view. Does not mean I do not think the WSJ is a great paper as are the NYT and WaPo great organizations. Let me give an example in this piece. They correctly point out green energy subsidies and conveniently leave out fossil fuel subsidies in relation to coal.

I'm a fan of green, nuke , gas and maybe cleaner coal plants although they have trouble competing on price even with their subsidies.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...-oil-subsidies
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #143
oeb11
Valued Poster

Truth and Facts are anathema to minions of teh marxist DPST/ccp idiotology
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:16 AM   #144
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Orwell was correct , lie enough and idiots will believe
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:19 AM   #145
VerySkeptical
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
You didn't read the posts. They cannot charge "anything they want." Yes, everybody on the board knows what variable rate pricing is.

There was a day when the MSM actually "brought forth light" and "spoke truth to power." Now they are concerned with provoking riots so they can cover them and who the Kardashians are fucking.
Wrong again sport. I did read the posts.
I didn't say they could charge anything they want. No one did.
The actual numbers are in the service agreement everyone signs.
If you question or doubt someone can get a $16,000 bill, you don't know how the variable rates works. Not all states are as unregulated as Texas. Saying all board members know how Texas runs their system is unlikely. Why would everybody know or care?
And the power was out but car dealerships were lit up?
I don't believe you.
What riots did MSM provoke?
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:38 PM   #146
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Quote:
If you say so, Sandy baby!

You got that right, Sandy baby!

exactly wtf I thought. You get your ass slammed with facts and the best you can do is this weak ass reply. Natural gas is what failed last week and caused the black out. That is a fact get over it.
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #147
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Orwell was correct , lie enough and idiots will believe
Yep! Far right Trump supporters proved that for 4 years
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #148
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical View Post
[
And the power was out but car dealerships were lit up?
I don't believe you.
What riots did MSM provoke?[/SIZE]
Evidently the MSM provoked riots at car dealerships gnadfly happened to be driving by.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:56 PM   #149
Kinkster90210
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Sorry but you are still wrong sir. Between 80 and 90 percent of Texas power is from gas, coal, nuclear.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tex...wer-storm/amp/

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/16/b...alds-citibank/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1258185

Bottom line is Texaswas ilprepared due to lack of leadership. Other places that are used to this type of weather do a much better job weathering their infrastructure.

Funny how when things go wrong the right just points fingers and almost never come up with solutions of their own. Nope they just take trips to Cancun and be the hypocrites that they are.

As far as comparing Austin to Lubbock goes, that is comparing Apples to oranges. What is Lubbocks population compared to Austin's. Dallas is a conservative area and guess what, they are in the same boat as Austin if not worse.

As long as I have literature backing what I say I will continue to repeat the facts over and over again. If you wanna continue to parrot the made up lies that you believe then that is your ignorance.
Your head is so deep in rectal defilade, you should be able to see out of your belly button.

Not a single one of those sources that you cited holds up your assertion that Texas get 90% (which you changed to 80-90% when you got caught) of its electricity from gas, coal and nuclear.

First off, why are you lumping nuclear in with gas and coal? Nuclear is the ultimate clean energy. France gets about 80% of its power from nuclear. It is the ultimate green energy.

Second, the articles don't give any specific source citations and speak only in generalities (Texas CAN get up to 80% of its energy from fossil fuels...) But DOES it?

Third, if wind solar production dropped off 95%, but coal and gas dropped off 60%, then wind and solar did worse - even if the total amount of power loss from coal and gas was greater.

Look at it this way: Your football team normally gets 400 yards per game in offense - 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards.

But then you play a great defensive team and your offence only gets 200 passing yards and 5 rushing yards. That means you lost 100 passing yards (33% drop) and 95 rushing yards (95% drop).

Yes, you lost more total yards (100) in passing than total yards (95) in rushing, but CLEARLY the rushing game performed worse.

During the deep freeze, wind and solar dropped off over 95% when it was needed most.

The grid performed terribly overall because of the once in a century deep freeze, but it isn't wrong to say that the green energy did worse.

Texas produces TWICE as much wind energy as the next closest state, which is Florida. The blue states of CA and NY don't even register for wind energy.

Texas got that way because it built as much wind turbine infrastructure as possible as cheaply as possible. But to do so, it didn't pay the extra costs to winterize the equipment. Tradeoffs have to be made between a greater amount of cheaper equipment and a smaller amount of more expensive equipment.
Kinkster90210 is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:49 PM   #150
Kinkster90210
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
And I am not surprised by how misinformed you always prove to be, and the dumb shit you believe. 10% is nowhere near 42% smart one. These Texas conservatives pride themselves on being a "gas state" as they put it. And we are witnessing just how well that works out
Again, get your Limey head out of rectal defilade and read the WSJ article above.

There is NO contradiction between being proud of gas production while simultaneously producing more wind power than any other state.

Texas wind power produces 25% of the states needs. But that is only if the wind is blowing (like every other state) and only if the turbines don't shut down in a freeze.

Fortunately, Texas is very windy, so the AVERAGE across the whole year is 25%. But the average doesn't save you if the wind drops off or if the equipment freezes. RE-read the WSJ article and learn to appreciate the distinctions between maximum capacity, peak demand, average demand, etc.

Total capacity for Texas is 83,000 MW, But Texas wind can be as high as 22,500 MW (25%) or as low as 600 MW (less than 1%). That's a huge variation.

And it is only the capacity side of the equation. The other side is DEMAND. If the demand is only 40,000 MW for the whole state, but wind turbines are producing 20,000 MW, then wind is providing 50% of the power AT THAT POINT IN TIME.

But the state average for wind is 25%.

During the polar vortex, wind power had dropped 95% from before the temperature drop. In other words, wind power shit the bed.

That doesn't mean that wind power is bad. I am a big proponent. But it cannot be relied upon as part of the state baseload. Neither can solar, which was dismal during the cold snap, since the skies were cloudy for most of the week.
Kinkster90210 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women