Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48456
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41675
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #16
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
There are a lot of unlicensed and uninsured people driving vehicles in the Houston area. Just like there are a lot of people driving vehicles they don't own.
And now with Biden’s open border policies we’ll likely be seeing a lot more.....
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:22 PM   #17
gnadfly
Account Disabled

GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE WHEN DRIVING PEOPLE! STOP PLAYING CANDY CRUSH AT STOP LIGHTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
And now with Biden’s open border policies we’ll likely be seeing a lot more.....
Maybe. I used to drive on both sides of the TX/MX border. Everyone paid attention to the speed limit. Didn't want to give the cops an excuse to pull you over. What I predict we'll see are fewer insured drivers.

But I'm tired of Trucks/SUVS going 80mph in the rightmost lane on the highway.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #18
Silver Bullet
Premium Access

Encounters: 5

The Fort Worth accident wasn’t tailgating Those people had driven miles on dry road then topped a slight hill ( that they couldn’t see over) and hit a 3/4 mile patch of ice because the cheap ass MFer’s at the toll authority didn’t treat for ice. The free lanes just over the barrier had no ice because the state treated those. Within hours it was discovered that the private roads hadn’t been treated and they were all closed for the rest of the week.
I’m sure their will be lawsuits or big settlements coming down the road.
Silver Bullet is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:15 PM   #19
VitaMan
BANNED

Encounters: 69

Charles Barkley says: "Those drivers are tear bull.....just tear bull."
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:20 PM   #20
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
So you can get to Walmart before it closes

Too many people behind the wheel thinking they are in the Indy 500

No
Academy for road rage ammo.
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:44 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
The Fort Worth accident wasn’t tailgating.
All highway PILE UPS are caused by "tailgating" .... the reason why one vehicle runs into the rear end of the vehicle in front of them is because they were not providing themselves sufficient distance between the front of their vehicle and the one in front of them to:
1. see the vehicle ahead stopping (aka BREAK LIGHTS!)
2. see that they cannot change lanes to avoid the traffic jam
3. decide to apply the brakes
4. apply the brakes
5. stop their vehicle before it crashes into the one ahead.

Otherwise .... there would be no crash with respect to those two vehicles.

But I guess you have your own definition of "tailgating"!

I also "guess" you didn't look at the DPS stopping guidelines.

"The science".

To blame a 70 vehicle pileup on a patch of ice aka "black ice" and claim it didn't have anything to do with "tailgating" (as you call it) is really .... well .... unless one wants to claim the following idiots were TEXTING and weren't watching ahead to see cars sliding around in the ice ... changing lanes? FYI: I'm familiar with the DFW area ... got my driver's license while living up there ... in those days it was church in FW and fucking in Dallas. Except in Westland. Both!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:58 AM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

But I'm tired of Trucks/SUVS going 80mph in the rightmost lane on the highway.
Where are the highways (other than the toll just East of SA & Austin) on which the speed limit is "80" in Texas IN ANY LANE?

There are none in the Houston metro area down into Galveston, Fort Bend, Brazoria, and/or MOCO.

Personally, I drive the speed limit and depending on traffic flow well ahead I may exceed into that "up to 5 mph over" range to SAFELY change lanes to avoid clogged lanes ahead and/or to move to an upcoming exit. My driving record is clean. My insurance premiums are minimal.

The only collisions in past 20 years have been a couple in which some asshole whipped into the turning lane ahead of me that was stopped ahead of me .... one he impacted the rear of a new vehicle (just taken possession 4 hours before) ahead of me (I had left about 30 feet ahead to move slowly to the next turning possession) and when he impacted the rear of the new car his stop was so sudden I was unable to stop in the loose gravel in the turn lane. The other one: another asshole BACKED INTO the front of my truck while in line waiting for red light to change and the dumbass wanted to change lanes. I was stopped! He left the scene!
Old 04-25-2021, 10:15 AM   #23
VitaMan
BANNED

Encounters: 69

Many drivers now in Houston whip into the next lane, without using a turn signal, when there are only inches to spare, going 70 mph.

If you are an NFL halfback trying to gain some yards through the line, that is an attribute.

If you are the driver of a 2 ton vehicle, that is disrespect to other drivers.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:25 AM   #24
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
If you are the driver of a 2 ton vehicle, that is disrespect to other drivers.
And deadly!

Why people slow down to look over to see what happened I don't have a clue. The obviously haven't gotten a close up view of the carnage. Equally outrageous is accelerating into an intersection with a beaming red light to clear the intersection before those with a green light get into it. Occasionally, neither vehicle clears the intersection, although I have seen the destruction scattered down the highway with bodies strewn along the way as they were tossed out of the vehicle(s). That explains the resistance to red light cams.

After I relocated to the Houston metro area I learned to hesitate a good 3-5 seconds before proceeding to a green light ... and kiss-my-ass you little _________ who can't wait 3-5 seconds for the idiots to clear the intersection.

Apparently not so for golfers....being an "attribute"!
Old 04-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #25
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
All highway PILE UPS are caused by "tailgating" .... the reason why one vehicle runs into the rear end of the vehicle in front of them is because they were not providing themselves sufficient distance between the front of their vehicle and the one in front of them to:
1. see the vehicle ahead stopping (aka BREAK LIGHTS!)
2. see that they cannot change lanes to avoid the traffic jam
3. decide to apply the brakes
4. apply the brakes
5. stop their vehicle before it crashes into the one ahead.

Otherwise .... there would be no crash with respect to those two vehicles.

But I guess you have your own definition of "tailgating"!

I also "guess" you didn't look at the DPS stopping guidelines.

"The science".

To blame a 70 vehicle pileup on a patch of ice aka "black ice" and claim it didn't have anything to do with "tailgating" (as you call it) is really .... well .... unless one wants to claim the following idiots were TEXTING and weren't watching ahead to see cars sliding around in the ice ... changing lanes? FYI: I'm familiar with the DFW area ... got my driver's license while living up there ... in those days it was church in FW and fucking in Dallas. Except in Westland. Both!
Black ice like what was in the Ft Worth crash is a tough thing to negotiate on, especially when you have been driving on clean dry pavement and suddenly hit it. This was even more so complicated by the fact that the ice started at the crest of a hill and you could not immediately see what was happening ahead of you. You don't have to be tailgating to hit this ice at 70mph and not be able to stop in "safe" distance. I live in the Texas Panhandle and have a lot of experience on this type of driving condition. The MetroPlex and Houston are clueless.
CryptKicker is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:03 PM   #26
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKicker View Post
Black ice like what was in the Ft Worth crash is a tough thing to negotiate on
Surprised there wasn’t a BLM protest on the term alone.....
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:32 PM   #27
CryptKicker
Quatsch!

Encounters: 14

Let's leave race out of this discussion folks.
CryptKicker is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women