Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70484
biomed161077
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453046
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47788
pyramider46370
bambino40450
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-03-2023, 03:44 PM   #16
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
Let us hope the proceedings will be televised...
That would be a hoot! Hell yeah! I'd record them all and watch them at night.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 10:59 PM   #17
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Dore and Greenwald are both about as left as they come. Unlike most democrats in the US, they're honest.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 04:31 AM   #18
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Expect the expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
...Maximum penalty
You might not expect what the real maximum penalty will be for that outcome.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 04:46 AM   #19
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default It's morning in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
...I highly recommend Silverglate's book. It shows you the futility of fighting The Man. That was the big mistake Trump made in the confidential documents case. If he'd turned over the papers when asked he wouldn't have gotten into hot water.
The docs case is a different bag of pickles and not part of the OP. For a good read, try:
Quote:
--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--
We are there. The Demonicarats know this. That is why the venue is exactly where it is. It is all by their design. It's a flawed plan, because they believe their own BS and think they are invincible in their ivory towers, because they have rule over their minions with impunity. This is exactly their coordinated plan to tyranny with the full force of a fully operational Battle Star, aka all of governement weight. They just can't see that it is time to actually make things right. New Dawn coming, whether they like it or not.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:25 PM   #20
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
The Demonicarats know this. That is why the venue is exactly where it is. It is all by their design. .
I don't see how Trump avoids a conviction. There's the jury pool in Washington, D.C., where Trump only received 5% of the votes in 2020. He'd likely get even less than 5% today given the fallout from January 6 and the alternate electors.

Not only is the argument that he's guilty of something reasonably strong, the judge from her past statements, and sentences she passed out for January 6 offenders, is clearly on Smith's side. She was assigned to the case by lottery, and Trump lost big time when she was selected. She's reputedly very smart so perhaps not likely to fuck up in a way that would allow Trump to win on appeal.

See post #12 in this thread for my basis for saying this, about the judge.

When Eastman was trying to get Pence to unilaterally reject electors from targeted states, he privately admitted to Pence's Counsel that "he hoped to prevent judicial review of the proposal because he understood that it would be unanimously rejected by the Supreme Court." That's from Item 95 in the indictment. And that's not a good omen, if you expect the Supremes will step in and vacate the DC court's decision, whatever it is.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:44 PM   #21
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
Dore and Greenwald are both about as left as they come. Unlike most democrats in the US, they're honest.
That's a good defense by Greenwald. I got to the middle of the video before I quit viewing because he and Dore were trying to tie all the world's ills to some kind of capitalist conspiracy. They even applied it to the leftist Brazilian leader, Lula. That was a big let down for me, because I thought Lula was corrupt, and Greenwald persuaded me he wasn't. Now through some flight of fantasy he's retracted that and made Lula an enemy of the people.

I read the indictment in its entirety and believe Team Trump has a tough row to hoe. The best defenses of the ex President I've heard or read come from his lawyer, John Lauro, and the Wall Street Journal opinion columnist Kimberley Strassel. Lauro's arguments revolve around Trump's claims and actions being "aspirational." His lawyers were throwing out different theories and he was following along. Strassel's are that other people have done the same or similar things and not been prosecuted. Alternate slates of electors for particular states have been submitted in previous elections. Obama ignored the constitution and the law when he made appointments to federal boards when the Senate was out of session. Biden did when he cancelled student debt.

I believe their (Greenwald, Lauro, Strassel) defenses aren't so strong with respect to two issues. The first, when Trump and his attorneys were pushing people at the state level to find votes and appoint alternate sets of electors, did they step over the line? Recall Trump's conversation with Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger for example, where he pushed the Secretary on tape to "find" 11,000 votes," and said he would be breaking the law if he didn't do so.

The second issue is the pressure that Trump and the attorneys put on Pence to outright reject slates of electors from certain states, use Trump's fraudulently appointed electors, and declare Trump the winner.

Reading the indictment, Giuliani, Eastman and Clark look just as culpable, maybe more, than Trump. Why weren't they indicted? Professional courtesy to the lawyer class? If Trump had never had anything to do with Giuliani, he'd have a much stronger legacy. He wouldn't have been impeached twice.
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women