Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70485
biomed161077
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453046
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47789
pyramider46370
bambino40452
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #16
safire_sweet
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1092
My ECCIE Reviews

I have not been affected but I have heard of other woman who have
-Safire Sweet
safire_sweet is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #17
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by safire_sweet View Post
I have not been affected but I have heard of other woman who have
-Safire Sweet
Just reviewed you show case pictures... I understand!!!
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #18
Katharine Butler
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3848
My ECCIE Reviews

Hmmm. Nope, I have to say it's kinda like a buddy of mine who runs an upscale little dive bar in Chicago says "Money is up, they drink to celebrate. Money is down, they drink to console themselves." Its been about the same for me. Either way, there's a reason to visit a lady.
I knew when I moved from a large market in which I was well established (Houston) to a smaller market in which I had a leg in the door but not the years of reputation that it would take a little while to re establish.And, it did. But, no, my rates don't change based on what the other ladies rates are. My rates are based on my reputation/reviews, looks, performance and attitude. I do need to tour a bit more than in Houston simply due to it being a much smaller market. But, the gents and ladies that are there donate my rate happily as far as I can tell.
I grandfather, so, that could entail a sizable donation gap. I'm at $300- now and started at $200-. And, when it goes up again that gap will widen even more. Also, if there's a reason, such as being last minute in a city instead of with my usual two weeks notice, I'll try to recompense for the inconvenience. And, as pre bookings are good for both my client And I, I almost always offer a pre booking special of additional time per length of visit.
Kat
Kat
Katharine Butler is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
Pink Floyd
KAVORKA

Encounters: 40

The only people effected by the recession are those who live within their means. The average American carries $3752 in revolving credit card debt. We have a housing crisis because people are in over their heads. After todays great adventure, I have spent my monthly hobby budget, and I will lay low for the rest of the month.
Pink Floyd is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
MsPrittiKitti
Account Disabled

User ID: 13184
My ECCIE Reviews

my situation is pretty similiar to the other girls
i havent noticed a change.
im as busy as "i" want to be, i have no complaints
being that this isnt my 'primary' source of income, i would 'not' tour because business was down.
i like what i do, and it shows
MsPrittiKitti is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
Smart
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

I think of things during a recession in terms of grades.

For example, in the job market, regardless of what it is, A+ players do not feel an impact whatsoever. In fact, the cream of the crop often prosper greatly during a recession, because their performance is often critical to the performance of a company, as they can actually carry the weight for less-optimal employees.

In a booming market, you can afford to hire C and D players, because their performance, outside of simply "getting the job done", is pretty much irrelevant. As soon as a downturn happens, these people get kicked to the curb first, and often have to change markets or pursue other things in order to get by.

B players pretty much come and go. They neither get ahead nor fall behind, as a whole.

All of that to say, that it's the BAD providers that struggle during a recession, period. Good providers will continue to get what they deserve, since they are B+, A, A+ players, etc.

As far as us hobbyists go, it's all a matter of perspective. Those of us that view the hobby as entertainment/luxury may scale back if our wallets get a little bit tighter. Those of us that rely on the hobby for some sort of mental/physical relief will often continue to hobby, if not increase our hobbying, and just trim back on all of the other things in our lives that don't matter as much.

I also started hobbying in this economy, so my budget has only grown as things have progressed. When I first started, I was able to see maybe a decent provider for an hour. Now, I can see multiple providers, float a sugar baby, and still have some flexibility.
Smart is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #22
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

Another thing I've noticed. In a down economy, I think more marginal providers enter the field as a way to supplement lost income. In other words, they enter the market out of need. When the economy is good, we see more marginal providers enter the field as a way to fill a void because demand is high. In a good economy, they enter the market out of greed. I will contend that for quality purposes in terms of providers, we need a steady economy. This keeps out both types of marginal providers while keeping the quality providers thus making the clients job so much easier in determining who to see.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #23
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Oh, yeah, I've dropped my rates 50% and offer discounts every weekend

The ladies who bothered to post here said they didn't change their rates at all. And the ones who did, didn't bother to post. So the responses are kind of lop-sided IMHO.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #24
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Talking

Seen a lot of Newbie providers showing up of late. Most have ZERO TCB skills!
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #25
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews

I can say I really having been affected I am lucky in the fact I see the same gentlemen on a recurring basis...I have started using BP but am very very careful and have done and honored a lower rate when contacted via that posting even when they are from other sites....It was one for my first time using BP in may and than a June for the Father's and Male appreciation month...I also started offering other encounters just to do something different. I do travel but that is because I have gentlemen I see every other month in NY and MS. Sadly I had to delay my travel plans but that was due to family issues and have maintained email contact.
Guest011914-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #26
CarolinaGent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

My hobbying as increased during this period, but this is due to finding better quality providers during this time than before. Although it could have increased even more without the recession.
CarolinaGent is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #27
sensualsanaa
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1199
My ECCIE Reviews

I started as a provider in 2008. I knew very little of the hobby, however I knew what I expected and I did not accept negotiations. Honestly, I didn't get many people who wanted to barter with me or haggle. I took a long break, but I have returned and I get at least 4 calls when I post asking me if I'll accept a lesser donation or people saying that they cannot afford my donation. Business is slower for me than it was before, but I'm not sure if it's because of the recession or due to the influx of ebony providers willing to meet for 40-60. I do find myself running more specials now than ever, and I'm considering taking some time off until I can market myself better/
sensualsanaa is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #28
hobbyprojb
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticentyce View Post
I started as a provider in 2008. I knew very little of the hobby, however I knew what I expected and I did not accept negotiations. Honestly, I didn't get many people who wanted to barter with me or haggle. I took a long break, but I have returned and I get at least 4 calls when I post asking me if I'll accept a lesser donation or people saying that they cannot afford my donation. Business is slower for me than it was before, but I'm not sure if it's because of the recession or due to the influx of ebony providers willing to meet for 40-60. I do find myself running more specials now than ever, and I'm considering taking some time off until I can market myself better/
No need to do that..Easy Solution. This is how the market is runned in South Florida..Hobbyist Country

2hr 300
1hr $150
Half Hour $100
Specials on Dinner Dates,Overnights & Returning Clients
Highly Reviewed

This is the going market rate in South Florida & it's working like a charm for the girls that use it.
hobbyprojb is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #29
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyprojb View Post
No need to do that..Easy Solution. This is how the market is runned in South Florida..Hobbyist Country

2hr 300
1hr $150
Half Hour $100
Specials on Dinner Dates,Overnights & Returning Clients
Highly Reviewed

This is the going market rate in South Florida & it's working like a charm for the girls that use it.
Interesting, have you seen how the market is run up north? New York, Chicago, etc? Generally speaking it is a lot more than what you are saying for S Florida.

I am not noticing much difference. I have been maintaining a pretty steady clientele, but of course most of my clientele has been long term. I have some new regulars, but on the whole I have clientele that spans back to 7 years. But in answer to some of your questions, yes, if it gets to the point of no calls, then I would consider doing something different to generate business. Sometimes that simply means more advertising and such, not necessarily a price reduction.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #30
hobbyprojb
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures View Post
Interesting, have you seen how the market is run up north? New York, Chicago, etc? Generally speaking it is a lot more than what you are saying for S Florida.

I am not noticing much difference. I have been maintaining a pretty steady clientele, but of course most of my clientele has been long term. I have some new regulars, but on the whole I have clientele that spans back to 7 years. But in answer to some of your questions, yes, if it gets to the point of no calls, then I would consider doing something different to generate business. Sometimes that simply means more advertising and such, not necessarily a price reduction.
Just giving her some ideas. I feel that most girls need to come to South Florida to see how good the market is down here. Plenty of Cities to work with.. Port St. Lucie,West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, & Miami.
hobbyprojb is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women