Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #46
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Then why did your liberal communist puppet masters throw a towel into the middle of the ring? HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
You need glasses. That was a sanitary napkin for you to stem the flow of blood from your vagina.

So that's why you left the ring with hands held high while saying, "HA! HA! HA!" That's what you get for trying to use your brain.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #47
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
you seem agitated....are you feeling unhinged?....HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

yep.....I'm RIGHT AGAIN! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA!
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #48
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
yep.....I'm RIGHT AGAIN! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA!
And another sniveling retreat. Have you no honor as well as no bowel control?

Wait, I know what he will say. Hahahahahahahahaha which translates to "Thank you sir, may I have another?"
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #49
surcher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Arguing with Marshall is like arguing with someone who's brain dead and on life support. Instead of wasting your time trying to get through, the best and most humane thing to do is simply pull the plug.

BTW, where's Whirl when you need him?
surcher is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #50
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by surcher View Post
Arguing with Marshall is like arguing with someone who's brain dead and on life support. Instead of wasting your time trying to get through, the best and most humane thing to do is simply pull the plug.

They are a tag team. It's now Marshall's turn! (They have special ways to tap errr, tag each other!)
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #51
TheTexasTornado
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surcher View Post

He's like our very own Teri Schiavo.
TheTexasTornado is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #52
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

This tar baby shows up every month it seems like. But very few do any research or bother to understand what goes into a Federal budget or how taxes are collected or how income is redistributed. The top 1% of earners pay almost 40% of taxes. The top 5% pay almost 60% of taxes. The top 25% pay over 85% of taxes. The bottom 50% pays less than 3%. So now we know where the taxes are coming from. The problem is that taxing the top 5% more will cause them to try to defer income or seek avoidance. Small business owners, who make up approximately 50% of the top 5% have numerous ways to defer or avoid income. (I am just referring to legal ways here, not anything illegal).
The Laffer curve, which can sometimes be oversimplified, has shown that our tax revenues are somewhat steady at around 19% of the GDP, no matter what the tax rates. (But only since WW II).
So if we want more revenues, the way to get them is not to tax more but to grow the GDP.
As for spending, there is zero leadership in The White House on this. The only person in Washington who is showing leadership by taking on the systemic problems is Paul Ryan. The left is demonizing him for saying "the emperor has no clothes". Why? Because he is stating the same thing that the CBO has said for years. Medicare/medicaid is bankrupting us. Social Security is another problem but the fix there is well known that we will have to move the minimum age back to somewhere between 67 and 70 (probably phased in over time). When Social Security was enacted, the minimum age to withdraw was 65 and the average life expectancy of men was 66.5. (the workforce was overwhelmingly men back then)
Given the lack of leadership, can we throw the bums out and start over? Dept of Education. Since 1960, we now spend 2.5 times more (in real dollars) but have essentially the same outcomes. Dept of Agriculture (I grew up on a farm.). Probably 75% of this can go. Dept of Commerce. Cut it by 90%. Dept of Interior. Cut in half. Dept of State. Fu*) foreign aid. Dept of Energy. Fold into Dept of Interior. Cut by 75%.
Unless we cut, and with a chain saw, not a scalpel, this will just get passed down the line. The current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has a plan. Here it is. Pass some completely watered down package then run against some inept candidates until re-election, which given that 50% of the voters pay NO taxes, he will likely win. THEN, increase taxes as much as possible, calling it a mandate. Watch economy sink, unemployment rise to 11%. Blame it on someone else, show no leadership.

Right now, I would vote for Paul Ryan for anything. I wouldn't vote for anyone else. Whether you agree or disagree, at least he is showing some leadership and not just politicizing everything.

some other random issues. I re-read the constitution last month. I never found the part where affordable healthcare is a right or guaranteed. I also never found the part that says every student can go to college and get loans and grants. We are so far away from liberty and the pursuit of happiness that it makes my head spin (and not in a good way).

New Tax plan: Simplify. Wipe out marriage penalty. Tax only at the individual level. Earn under $15000/year. Pay 0%. Earn between $15-50K/yr. Pay 2.5% (the reason for this is the same reason I do not give stock to my employees. If you give someone something, they value it at $0. Even paying a small amount will make this group question how the government spends). $50K-$250K. Pay 20%. Over $250K, pay 30%. Cap Mortgage interest/real estate taxes on houses over something like $500K. (reduce this amount over time to get rid of this deduction). Wipe out 99% of deductions. Simplify.
Eliminate or reduce to 5% Capital gains taxes. Capital gains taxes are a barrier between ideas and capital. This is job creation mechanism. This is very hard for people who have not been in start up companies to understand but it is probably one of the best job creators.

Eliminate all corporate taxes. In most years, the Federal governement spends almost (within 3-5%) as much collecting corporate taxes as it the revenue. Only Japan of the top 50 nations (in GDP) has a higher tax rate, yet we collect less because of all the breaks. Just eliminate this and let the income pass through to individuals where it can be taxed. No one would argue with Dividends taxes if it was only a single taxation and not a double taxation.

something like this would save $400Billion a year in cost to prepare taxes. That's about 1/4 of what we need to cut the Federal Budget (NOW and every year.).

Not sure what the rest of you do when you run out of money, but I quit spending. the buffoons in washington can't seem to get that Quit fucking spending into their blunt heads.
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #53
Fastcars1966
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

For the same reasons that the Democrats hate America I suppose.
Fastcars1966 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #54
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I love it when ever a democratic gets in the white house the republicans always manage to have some plan or another. It always on the simple side too. Get rid of almost all taxes and everything will be ok. And as soon as they get in the white house the first think they do is start spending and borrowing money cutting taxes and raising the debt. Ive been hearing the same things for almost 25 years. Its really sad because when the gop is in power you don't gear none of this shit! If by some slight chance the gop takes the white house and senate you think your going to hear from the Tea party again? They'll drown them fools. Govt to big yea right not big enough to give all there supports jobs.

And the plan you laid out they'll wipe their ass with it and hand it back to you.
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #55
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue3122 View Post
This tar baby shows up every month it seems like. But very few do any research or bother to understand what goes into a Federal budget or how taxes are collected or how income is redistributed. The top 1% of earners pay almost 40% of taxes. The top 5% pay almost 60% of taxes. The top 25% pay over 85% of taxes. The bottom 50% pays less than 3%.
So income inequality is a huge problem in this country. We get it.

Quote:
The Laffer curve, which can sometimes be oversimplified, has shown that our tax revenues are somewhat steady at around 19% of the GDP, no matter what the tax rates. (But only since WW II).
I didn't realize the Laffer Curve even addressed this. But since you brought it up, at what percent of GDP are we now being taxed at? Foreshadowing: It ain't 19%. Not even close.

Quote:
So if we want more revenues, the way to get them is not to tax more but to grow the GDP.
Or we can raise taxes to where we're being taxed at 19% of GDP.

Quote:
When Social Security was enacted, the minimum age to withdraw was 65 and the average life expectancy of men was 66.5. (the workforce was overwhelmingly men back then)
Only a little misleading given that the life expectancy of men who reached 65 was closer to 77. Nevertheless, the life expectancy of men who reach 65 has increased so point taken.

Quote:
Given the lack of leadership, can we throw the bums out and start over? Dept of Education. Since 1960, we now spend 2.5 times more (in real dollars) but have essentially the same outcomes. Dept of Agriculture (I grew up on a farm.). Probably 75% of this can go. Dept of Commerce. Cut it by 90%. Dept of Interior. Cut in half. Dept of State. Fu*) foreign aid. Dept of Energy. Fold into Dept of Interior. Cut by 75%.
Unless we cut, and with a chain saw, not a scalpel, this will just get passed down the line.
But your examples are mostly scalpels. Why not mention defense? In all this argument, nobody wants to mention defense.

Quote:
The current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has a plan. Here it is. Pass some completely watered down package then run against some inept candidates until re-election, which given that 50% of the voters pay NO taxes, he will likely win.
Again with the misleading comments. Disappointing given the second sentence in your own post. Everyone pays taxes. Buy a gallon of gas, pack of cigarettes etc etc etc, you pay taxes. And i also doubt that 50% of people who actually vote pay no INCOME taxes, given the demographics that make up that 50%. Nice try though.

Quote:
some other random issues. I re-read the constitution last month. I never found the part where affordable healthcare is a right or guaranteed. I also never found the part that says every student can go to college and get loans and grants.
So.....you.....skipped over the part about promoting the general welfare?

Quote:
Eliminate or reduce to 5% Capital gains taxes. Capital gains taxes are a barrier between ideas and capital. This is job creation mechanism. This is very hard for people who have not been in start up companies to understand but it is probably one of the best job creators.
Funny, that's the same argument Larry Kudlow used when the proposal was to cut the capital gains tax to 15%. I'll let ya know when i figure out if he was lying, or just wrong. I haven't paid attention to him in awhile, but i would guess he would be on board with your proposal. So his (assumed) willingness to ignore the fact that he was wrong leads me to think he was just lying.

Quote:
Only Japan of the top 50 nations (in GDP) has a higher tax rate, yet we collect less because of all the breaks.
So we want to be like all the other countries in how we tax, but not in how we care for our citizens vis a vis healthcare?

Quote:
Just eliminate this and let the income pass through to individuals where it can be taxed. No one would argue with Dividends taxes if it was only a single taxation and not a double taxation.
And do we have a special tax rate in mind for dividend income? 5% perhaps?

Quote:
Not sure what the rest of you do when you run out of money, but I quit spending. the buffoons in washington can't seem to get that Quit fucking spending into their blunt heads.
So you and your business are entirely debt free?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #56
surcher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue3122 View Post

Not in the last 10 years for sure!
surcher is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women