Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40410
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35604
Mojojo33117

Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #121
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ers_by_country

See for yourself and notice the U.S list is quite extensive.

Edit: Actually the list for U.K is pretty long.... wow!
I agree with you that the US list is extensive, but I don't think types of crime are specific to countries of origin. I think the list is more reflective of the sophistication of law enforcement in the countries rather than the existence of serial killers.

Remember, no one suspects a serial killer until LE notices like modus operandi. The more sophisticated LE orgs will see it first.

Just because we have the most listed doesn't mean other countries don't have a like percentage of serial killers.

Also, it depends on what you consider to be a serial killer. Is Hugo Chavez one? What about drug cartel bosses? Mexico has been rife with killings lately, yet lists only 5 persons on your list.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #122
woodyboyd
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I have been to a favela in Rio de Janeiro, the perception is that you are supposed to be scared, the reality was much different for me.
WTF, of the ten most dangerous cities that you linked to, I have been to four since 2005. I guess I like living dangerously. The only one where I saw problems up close was Rio where two of the three people in my party (not me thank goodness) were mugged. The problem with Rio is that the criminals are actually in the tourist spots, so the tourist spots may be more dangerous than the favellas. I have no doubt that by the time of the Olympics and World Cup things are cleaned up. One of the muggings took place at night on Avenida Atlantica, and no one gave a damn. The other took place in the business section of Rio, where there were mostly Brazilians, and there were literally 50 cops/national guardsmen on the scene within seconds.

There are safe places in Detroit: Greektown and the Ren Center come to mind. Juarez is mostly drug shootings though there are some civilians who have gotten killed recently. Weird part about Juarez is that El Paso across the border has been rated the third safest city in the country.

I didn't see anything in Caracas, but it scared the crap out of me. Like Rio, I was always looking over my shoulder. Those two cities IMO should be at or near the head of the list.
woodyboyd is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #123
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Most people are constrained by the lack of sufficient discretionary income, but I think one of the key reasons folks don't travel more is for the same reason that many seem uninterested in learning much of anything beyond what's necessary to pass tests in school.

They simply don't have curious minds.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #124
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Some people are scared of flying when in actuality driving to the airport is more cause for concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
I do not feel safe in certain parts of Charlotte, NC. I think this is why I kick out an insane amount of
money for where I live now. Why does someone need to show proof of the U.S not being a safe place to live?
I think we can make that decision based on how we feel as individuals.
You can feel what ever you want but is it based in reality?

According to the stat below you are 3 times more likely to be murdered in the US than the UK but really is that cause for concern?

For instance if that same stat applied to lighting strikes deaths, would you be fearful of getting struck by lighting more in the US, I mean the stat is miniscule.
All I was trying to do was see why a person (Amanda) felt like she did and is it based in reality.

If you live in a rotten neighborhood, then yes your fear may be based in reality, but I thought I made that clear in my prior post

United States: 0.042802 per 1,000 people

United Kingdom:0.0140633 per 1,000

CAUSE

1998 PERCENT

CHANGE FROM 1979

Alzheimer's Disease < 1 %+1,200 %
Septicemia < 1 %+91 %
Chronic Obstructive Lung 5 %+46 %
Diabetes mellitus 3 %+39 %
Hypertension < 1 %+26 %
Pneumonia/influenza 4 %+18 %
Nephritis < 1 %+2 %
Cancer 23 %-6 %
Suicide < 1 %-11 % All Causes 100 %-18 %
Homicide < 1 %-28 %
Accidents 4 %-30 %
Heart Disease 31 %-37 % Stroke 7 %-40 %
Liver Disease < 1 %-40 % Atherosclerosis < 1 %-67
CAUSE
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #125
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

New Orleans is number one in our nation as far as murder goes, and I have only been robbed once. Since then, my guard is always up. I don't leave alone at night for any reason and if I do happen to get home after dark, I always have my doors locked until I am in the garage safely.

I have never had any issues traveling outside the U.S. but I also don't take the same risks like I do here. People tend to be more comfortable where they live. They go out alone at night, get drunk at some bar then walk home, are far too trusting when they meet people.

There is some truth to these movies that concern how valuable organs are in other countries as well....killing Americans to keep their own people alive is not just some crazy myth. You would be surprised at how many people disappear every day because of that exact reason. I won't even get into the sex trade stats.

I don't travel alone outside the U.S. and never will. I am just more comfortable knowing that if something happens to me here, friends and family can look into it easily.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #126
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
You can feel what ever you want but is it based in reality?
Ok no need to get all hostile my friend.

I make my decision based solely on how I feel and not articles/stats I find on the web. That is all.

Now I am looking forward to hearing from Amanda.
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #127
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Lets not ignore the size of the US relative to someplace like Europe in discussing passports. Both are about 4 million square miles. The US has 50 states and there are about 50 countries in "Europe" (including parts of Russia & Turkey) even though some are just city/states (kind of like Delaware or Rhode Island ) If we needed passports to move between NJ & NY, more of us would have them too.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #128
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds View Post
Yeah it was pretty ignorant of me. That's what I'm known for. But then again (her name escapes me) there was a young lady that went on a spring break vacation a couple years ago out of country who went missing. Turns out she was murdered. Now I'm not some 100 something lb. woman but I'm certainly no superman. All I'm saying is the general attitude towards Americans travelling safely abroad is not what it once was.
well, that is when you travel muslim countries with a valid american passport :-). but that is also true for other foreigners. Just that the german government bails their prisoners or hostages out (secretely of course) and the american government does not pay for hostages to not support blackmail :-)....
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #129
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
I would like to see something to back this up. I really doubt that the USA is where women have the most to be fearful, quite the opposite I would guess but then that would be just a guess. Like I said other than how you 'Feel' do you have any evidence to back up that feeling?

Below is a link to ten cities you might be careful in.

http://urbantitan.com/10-most-danger...world-in-2010/
i was robbed in a country where i did expect it the least. Usually when i travel to South america i expect the worst and it never happens :-). I think it has to do with awareness also at some point.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #130
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Lets not ignore the size of the US relative to someplace like Europe in discussing passports. Both are about 4 million square miles. The US has 50 states and there are about 50 countries in "Europe" (including parts of Russia & Turkey) even though some are just city/states (kind of like Delaware or Rhode Island ) If we needed passports to move between NJ & NY, more of us would have them too.
i agree totally.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #131
Fastcars1966
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
So I was reading this article on CNN, seems there's only 30% of Americans that have passports!!??...That is insane to me...Was just wondering how many of you all have passports and have traveled abroad, and for those of you who haven't, I'm interested to know why....

I know there are the obvious reasons why some don't travel abroad ( airfare, lodging too expensive)...But there was one bit of this article where someone said, "America has it all: "From the mountains, to the prairies, to the oceans, white with foam,".....To me, this statement just seems ignorant. This country is very young, there are so many things abroad that America doesn't have, I know I am a bit biased because of my love for history and travel in general, and I know not everyone enjoys that sort of thing, I just have a difficult time understanding why some people have absolutely no interest in ever leaving their country to explore other cultures? Learn more languages? There is so much beauty to be seen in the world, so I was just curious to know everyone's sentiments on this topic....

Btw-if you want to read the article here's the link http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/02/04....html?hpt=Sbin
What do you call a person who only speaks one language? American.
I have had a passport for over 30 years, and I agree although America has more to offer than most, it is very young. I also have a hard time understanding why some people will not even leave there state, must less the country. Too much out there to explore do not limit yourself.
Fastcars1966 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #132
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisNicole View Post
Valerie,

I grew up a military brat, so I was able to travel to a few different places.

I loved it for the most part, (except moving around and never developing lasting childhood relationships), the culture, the food and even the music!

When I read your thread, it made me think about my travel habits as an adult. And I must admit that I, too, am one of those that have not traveled outside of my country. (as an adult).
It's more a factor of being a mother and not having the amount of time needed for that sort of vacation. And when I do get those chances, (i.e, Christmas break), my funds are tied into other obligations.

I'm making it a point to put some money aside in a special stash for my trip to Italy. In the mean time, I've taken up Italian to prepare myself.

Thanks for jogging some memories with this thread.

Genesis Nicole
That's great!...Planning a trip is always fun, good for you..You deserve it!
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #133
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
Living in a foreign country is another whole level of experience beyond visits, imo...really brings you into contact with parts of the culture that almost no visitor sees. I've lived in Japan but nowhere else abroad. Our lives are too short; there are a bunch of other places I'd like to settle down for a year or a few if there were time and opportunity.

-Ww
I very much agree! It is completely different when you actually live in a different country, and to be honest I think even if you took a 2 week holiday somewhere( London for example), you would still not truly get a feel for it...I've been to France tons of times my whole life for a holiday, but then when I lived in South France for a while, my entire sentiment of the France changed, yes, I loved it before, but living and experiencing the French/Italian culture was completely different...

I also feel like (for myself personally), that it is much easier to learn a new language by living/visiting the country, rather than taking a class or a book etc...
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #134
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post

I also feel like (for myself personally), that it is much easier to learn a new language by living/visiting the country, rather than taking a class or a book etc...

Even easier if you get yourself a lover that speaks the language that you want to learn. Or vice versa :-) I don`t even understand how people can even date others who live in the same country. I always had a thing for foreigners :-).....
Old 02-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #135
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Oh gosh, I love a man or woman with a British Accent.
London Rayne is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women