Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40408
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35602
Mojojo33117

Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #76
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
I'll second that observation. Money and travel are an odd combination in the sense that too little travel prevents you from traveling extensively, but too much money can make every place you go the same for you, i.e., you have very similar experiences everywhere, if you are not careful/clever about it.

-Ww
Another dynamic to that is youth. Both the physical ability to rough it & (for most) the economic necessity to rough it sprinkled with a bit of naivity and fearlessness

I guarantee you that the kid that spends a summer abroad in college has a very different experience than the couple that "travels the world" after they retire...

Quote:
I agree, more interesting and unusual, not necessarily better. (It is hardly surprising that I agree, since that is what I said, "interesting".)

And, it makes perfectly good sense too. If a person is much further from their origin than most of those around them, there is usually a reason of some sort, something unusual about them or something unusual that happened in their life. Unusual = interesting, at least for me.

-Ww
I wasn't implying anything, just adding the point "not better"

I'll go a step further on your point. Go to any very large city and talk to someone who (as we call 'em in Atlanta) is a "transplant" & likely they are more interesting than someone born there.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #77
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I'll second that observation. Money and travel are an odd combination in the sense that too little travel prevents you from traveling extensively, but too much money can make every place you go the same for you, i.e., you have very similar experiences everywhere, if you are not careful/clever about it.

-Ww
I'll third that!

I love to get off the beaten path but damn I do love a comfy bed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post

I agree. Fear is only lack of knowledge, people fear what they do not understand.

!
Fear has its place...without it, you'd end up in the belly of a Lion!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #78
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
If I spend time with you, can I pass on visiting Nigeria? the NGFE = Nigerian Girl Friend Experience?
Of course

One night IN Nigeria.

Maybe I'll use that on my next ad campaign haaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Fear has its place...without it, you'd end up in the belly of a Lion!
People scare me. Lions? Not at all.
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #79
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi4u View Post
Of course One night IN Nigeria. Maybe I'll use that on my next ad campaign haaa!
Use me in your next campaign! Just blur my face in the pic.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #80
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Lots of really good points! I want to elaborate on more later...I have to get to an appt at the moment....Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #81
texasgoldengirl
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7883

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Amanda--you just stubbed your toe on one of my pet peeves. You use the term "American/America" as a substitute for "US Citizen/US."

There is more than just one country that exists in the two continents that make up the Americas. Every person in North America and South America is an "American." Every country is an American country. To limit the term(s) to the United States disenfranchises the identities of other countries/citizens living in the Americas.

Just sayin'.
Since the original article in this thread and the entire thread is about is about US Americans (not any other type of Americans), I really didn't feel the need to use "US citizen" in lieu of "American."

Amanda
texasgoldengirl is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #82
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Great...another drive-by super mod
Two words old friend...just two words!

You seem extra grumpy today
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #83
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
Use me in your next campaign! Just blur my face in the pic.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #84
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Great...another drive-by super mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Two words old friend...just two words! You seem extra grumpy today
So atl needs to get laid and probably has a massive sperm back up that only a lovely lady can cure.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #85
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
Lots of really good points! I want to elaborate on more later...I have to get to an appt at the moment....Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

lol ....same here .....
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #86
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
+1

Like Ww, I've traveled somewhat extensively, but not as much as he has. I'm at about 47 countries & 5 continents. And I have lived in two Latin American countries for extended periods.

I will say that if you travel and spend your time in wealthy hotels and sightseeing venues, you have cheated yourself. You also need to be in the countrysides and slums to get the full picture of a country. Otherwise, you see it through rose colored glasses.
Wow! That sounds amazing! I can`t live without travelling. My life depends on it. Unfortunately i have never really "Lived" anywhere abroad except for 3 years in NYC and Miami. But i love to spend some more time in SOuth America, the only problem is that you have to make a career or money while young (at least i do) and in South America its not so good with work...
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #87
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgoldengirl View Post
As a single female traveling alone in an underground industry, I can assure everyone I felt safer in every country I visited (with one exception) than I do walking the streets in American buying groceries. America has many great things about it and many freedoms, it is also incredibly dangerous for women. American women might be pleasantly surprised as they travel abroad. Pickpockets abound but women are not the specific target of violence like they are in America.

XX
Amanda
I would like to see something to back this up. I really doubt that the USA is where women have the most to be fearful, quite the opposite I would guess but then that would be just a guess. Like I said other than how you 'Feel' do you have any evidence to back up that feeling?

Below is a link to ten cities you might be careful in.

http://urbantitan.com/10-most-danger...world-in-2010/
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #88
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I'd offer to travel with you, but I'm afraid I would meet your definition of "man."

LOL buy me a ring!

You too Logan.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #89
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
LOL buy me a ring!
Who Charles?? lol
Old 02-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #90
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...
Default It's a complicated question...there are lots of reasons & issues...

Quote:
So I was reading this article on CNN, seems there's only 30% of Americans that have passports!!??...That is insane to me...Was just wondering how many of you all have passports and have traveled abroad, and for those of you who haven't, I'm interested to know why....

I know there are the obvious reasons why some don't travel abroad ( airfare, lodging too expensive)...But there was one bit of this article where someone said, "America has it all: "From the mountains, to the prairies, to the oceans, white with foam,".....To me, this statement just seems ignorant. This country is very young, there are so many things abroad that America doesn't have, I know I am a bit biased because of my love for history and travel in general, and I know not everyone enjoys that sort of thing, I just have a difficult time understanding why some people have absolutely no interest in ever leaving their country to explore other cultures? Learn more languages? There is so much beauty to be seen in the world, so I was just curious to know everyone's sentiments on this topic....

Btw-if you want to read the article here's the link http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/02/04....html?hpt=Sbin
As the linked article points out...there were a number of destinations outside the country that US citizens could go without having to possess a passport...until relatively recently. That plays a part...gol...some of us are just lazy when it comes to the paperwork!

As to the piece that implies a significant number of US citizens just don't see the need to travel outside the country...rightly or wrongly...a number do think that way. From a climate/topography perspective...they're not that far off. One can experience most of the world's conditions within the confines of a US state, territory, or possession.

In terms of experiencing different cultures, peoples, or languages...some just don't feel the need. I don't get it...I'm not one of them but many do think that way...or they rank it below experiencing EVERYTHING their own country has to offer first. Others have the resources to travel abroad but don't do so because they don't think they will be safe or welcome.

I enjoy traveling abroad...but I must admit I feel a twinge of guilt at times for not checking out my own "back yard" first. I try to mix up my travel between international & domestic to get distinct impressions of the country & the world at large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgoldengirl View Post
What amazes me is the high percentage of stereotypical dumb Americans who do travel abroad. Holding a passport does not mean you know how to travel or have any better manners than those left at home.

Though the recent flood of nouveau riche Chinese takes the heat off Americans. The Chinese get consistently poor reviews from the travel and service industries, despite their wealth. Which illustrates, again, that just because you have a passport doesn't make you a great traveler.

XX
Amanda
LOL...the stereotypical notion of the "ugly American" abroad has kernels of truth in there somewhere. I've had ear-cringing moments with my fellow citizens from one end of the planet to another. Oh well...God bless 'em for trying!

The converse is also true...not just of other travels here but interactions with others abroad. Whenever I go somewhere, I try to commit enough basic vocabulary to memory & keep adequate resources at hand to "survive" interactions. Usually, the delivery - awkward though it may be - is appreciated. I found the Spanish people, particularly, to be VERY forgiving of my slaughtered pronunciation & appreciative of the attempt. The French...eh...not so much.

Growing up & working in Washington, D.C. it was not unusual to have frequent interactions with those who spoke little-or-no English as they attempted to find their way around. I tried to my best to help. Usually, through some mish-mash of their language, my language, hand gestures, and crude drawings on the backs of w/e printed material either one of us had...I could get them where they needed to be. Most of the time, they were grateful. Once in a while somebody seemed genuinely miffed that I didn't know more of their language than they knew of mine.

People are people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amusemeant View Post
Before we start talking about why Americans don't travel abroad, we should talk about why they don't travel at all. In my own travels throughout the US I have met enough people who tell me that they have never left their home state, or never been 100 miles from their home town, that it amazes me.

As has been said in this thread, the US is a widely varied place with great differences in culture, language, food, etc - from state to state and region to region.

When I have traveled abroad, I know that I have certainly felt ignorant, or like 'the ugly American' at times. People certainly don't always make Americans feel welcome when traveling, whether you seem high class or not, when in certain areas. I have hidden my identity as an American at times, and so have many of my friends, all of whom are well traveled, to get better treatment. It always helps to know how to speak many languages, something a lot of Americans are not capable of.

I guess not everyone cares enough about becoming more cultured to go through it all for a vacation - when there are so many nice spots to relax where people will treat you really nice close to home. I personally can think of about 10 places I would rather go than to Europe with my passport anyway - been there, done that, got the tshirt....
Quote:
Yes!...Good point, I have had people here tell me that as well and I find it absolutely amazing...Some people have no desire to leave their state!
Again...a lot of it just comes down to human nature. People want different things from their leisure time. I'm the youngest of 4. My siblings are, for the most part, homebodies one & all. I seem to be the only one with any kind of wanderlust. Why is that? Who the hell knows???

Quote:
And it does seem that the more you travel, the more your views are widened to be more understanding of a great number of people (hopefully). I think a lot of people who don't consider themselves wealthy enough or educated enough or "whatever" enough are just scared to go too far away from home. Imagine if you only used the most widely viewed sources of news here in the US for all your information about humanity, how scared you might be.
That's rather how I see it. The one thing that is difficult to get a full sense of in only traveling w/in the US is a sense of time. In my excursions to Europe, I was blown away as to the antiquity of so much of it. I'm sure that's even more so in places like the Middle East.

Quote:
I once went into a bar in Amsterdam with a group of friends on NYE, only to encounter an older Dutch man cursing me out in Dutch on the barstool beside me (they only had like 4 barstools in the place so nowhere really to move). I tried talking to him but he persisted that he did not speak English and was obviously cursing at me.

I just kept laughing at him, and finally I began to curse HIM out in Spanish...this went on for a bit, me stoned and drunk and him just drunk I guess cursing at each other in different languages - until finally we both just broke out laughing and he finally started speaking English. I asked him why he thought a girl from Texas should speak Dutch instead of Spanish, and we went on to have a great conversation.

Great memories....
Great story! One of the other things you take away are those kinds of stories. I can remember being in cafes & bars in Paris right after Reagan was shot...the outpouring of sympathies. The brusqueness of Parisian...and later...Berlin waiters who spoke enough English not to give a shit if I tried to speak their language or not. The genuine affection from Spanish & Swiss people as my kids did their best to mind their manners in the local tongue. All of that stuff sounds hackneyed & maudlin, I know. But they are memories I'll keep with me forever. More importantly, they are memories that help my kids form & frame a view of the world beyond their front door.

Quote:
In all fairness though, I will say it is a lot easier to travel different places in Europe...You can get pretty much anywhere by train, and the flights inside Europe are so bloody cheap....Which makes me wonder why flights inside the states are so expensive?

I've flown from London to Madrid, Amsterdam, Nice,Paris on easyjet for 35-60 GBP.....

When I fly in the states it seems the lowest round trip I can ever find is minimum of 250 USD...Once I tried to book a flight from Nashville to Greenville,SC and it was going to me almost 900 USD!!!....So just out of curiosity I check to see how much a flight to London was, and it was 670 USD...I'm sorry but that is just fucked up...
Eh...couple of things at work there. Domestically, the fares are a function of competition. If Nashville to Greenville is THAT expensive, chances are there's only one airline flying the route.

Internationally, check the fare breakdown. A lot of the airfare between the US & points in Europe are taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
I would imagine a lot of people do not travel because of the money involved. Not everyone has the ability to pay for traveling (and costs associated with it). I am sure it has more to do with that than anything else. The gap between the "haves" and the "have not's" is getting bigger and bigger in this country.
Money is definitely a part of it. So, quite frankly, is time. The types of travel a lot of Europeans take for granted is extremely difficult for US citizens because they just don't have the type of vacation benefits needed to make those kinds of trips. A lot of my international travel has been piggy-backed on travel for work. I couldn't "go home" on my days off, so I went to see other places instead. As much I might want to travel internationally, I couldn't have done nearly as much as I have were it not for my occupation.

Not too long ago, I took a train from New Orleans to LA. There are better ways to get from here to there but it was just something I always wanted to do. One of the neat things about it was you couldn't get a table to yourself in the dining car. You had to share a table with other, which lead to some neat interactions. I met people from Australia, Japan, and other places...who were "on sabbatical" from this job or that. Not nearly enough of that takes place here to enable as much international travel as many might like.

Quote:
When I'm in Europe traveling from country to country( in my experience) a lot of times I've noticed they only check your passport if you're not a part of the EU...
It's much easier for you than it used to be. I'm often envious of how quickly those from an EU country can clear immigration & customs in another EU country. You can do in a few minutes what can take a Yank an hour or more to accomplish!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women