Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70415
biomed160564
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47545
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 11-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #31
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
An interesting question would be of all of the Veterans we have on just this Site that did serve in a Combat Zone, which one was it in. Since WW-2, the US has been involved in multitudes of shooting "conflicts", it would be interesting to see who was involved in what.

I doubt we have any WW-2 Combat Vets, and those involved in Korea would certainly be way up in age. Vietnam, I bet, has quite a few, since quite a few of us men in their '60's and early '70's in age still enjoy being with a woman.

We also have the Bosnian War, the various conflicts in Africa, Granada, Panama, all of the Middle Eastern Conflicts, any where American Soldiers were in danger of combat.

How many of you are out there.?

Being navy and not a SEAL the idea of combat is different than the army or marines. I was in Pakistan when the Iranians took our embassy and I spent the next four months making circles ten miles off the coast of Iran where I was a member of the landing force. Later, my ship was off the coast of Grenada and my job was to get the weapons to the aircraft. Think about sitting below decks surrounded by hundreds of tons of bombs and missiles. I was in the First Gulf War where I had to sit in my fire fighting suit listening to Iraqi jets trying to target us (US Tomcats bounced them and they fled). We also recovered the Challenger (and bodies) after it blew up. There were other things but those are some of the highlights.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #32
gary5912
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14
Default One Bad Ass Marine

With elements of the 9th Marines now operating inside Laos, the other battalions moved out to take up positions along the border. On the morning of February 22nd, the 1st Battalion was in place on a ridge overlooking Laos. The Marines of 1/9 called themselves the Walking Dead. On this day, for one company in particular, the name would be all to real.
First Lieutenant Wesley Fox was in command of Alpha Company, 1/9. He was a seasoned veteran, now in his 19th year in the Marine Corps. As a young Corporal he had served in Korea, slowly working his way through the ranks to become a First Sergeant by 1966. The veteran leatherneck, now in his second war, had begun anew...working his way through the commissioned ranks. Fox had already completed a tour in Vietnam, and recently had extended his combat tour.
As dawn broke on the forested hillside overlooking Laos, Alpha Company was sent out to look for and destroy a suspected enemy force operating in the region. Lieutenant Fox's 3rd platoon had made contact with them the previous day, and now the Company was looking to finish the fight. In addition, First Battalion was low on water. A detail was dispatched to get resupply from a stream below, Alpha Company leading the way to provide security as Lieutenant Fox and his men searched for the enemy. As they reached the stream, the enemy appeared.
The NVA seemed to be everywhere, popping up out of hidden spider holes to rain devastating machinegun and small arms fire on Alpha Company, while enemy mortars fell on the embattled Marines. The suddenness and the ferocity of the attack caught the Marines by surprise, many falling wounded in the initial onslaught.
Quickly Lieutenant Fox moved out, working his way through the heavy jungle overgrowth to gain a position where he could assess the situation and direct his platoon leaders. Deadly missiles struck the foliage and bamboo palms around him. Fox located a sniper's position, quickly killing the enemy with his M-16 rifle before moving on.
As Fox deployed his platoons, two enemy mortar rounds landed in his position, killing his radiomen and air and artillery observers. Shrapnel stuck the lieutenant in the shoulder but, despite the bleeding wounds, he grabbed both radios and continued to direct the movements of his Marines.
The lieutenant who led Fox's 2nd platoon was seriously wounded, and Fox instructed his executive officer to take command of that platoon. When his platoon leader in the 3d platoon was killed, Fox quickly moved in to fill the void and take command. He personally destroyed one position while continuing to should orders and give encouragement. Coolly he spoke into the radio to coordinate aerial and artillery support for his Marines. Among those working to defend these Marines on the Laotian border was artillery officer Harvey "Barney" Barnum, who had earned the Medal of Honor three years earlier and returned, at his own request, for another Vietnam tour.
As the enemy fire continued unabated, the executive officer Fox had sent to 2nd Platoon was killed, and another of his lieutenants was wounded. Though wounded himself, Fox was the only officer in Alpha Company still capable of leading the resistance. This he did with calm professionalism, his Marines repulsing a final enemy assault during which the Company Commander was wounded a second time.
Heedless of his battered body, Fox began organizing his survivors in establishing a defensive position. As corpsmen moved about to locate and treat the wounded, Fox refused aid, setting himself to the tasks leadership demanded. By late afternoon his Marines had secured their position, and Delta Company 2/9 arrived to relieve them. Ten of Fox's brave Marines had died and, of the 153 men who had joined him that morning in the patrol down from the ridge, only 66 were able to continue the mission the following day. Despite his wounds, and determined not to leave Alpha Company leaderless, Lieutenant Fox was among them

God Bless the Marines of the 1/9 Semper Fi

gary5912 is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #33
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

I did my time in Biafra.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:18 AM   #34
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary5912 View Post
With elements of the 9th Marines now operating inside Laos, the other battalions moved out to take up positions along the border. On the morning of February 22nd, the 1st Battalion was in place on a ridge overlooking Laos. The Marines of 1/9 called themselves the Walking Dead. On this day, for one company in particular, the name would be all to real.
First Lieutenant Wesley Fox was in command of Alpha Company, 1/9. He was a seasoned veteran, now in his 19th year in the Marine Corps. As a young Corporal he had served in Korea, slowly working his way through the ranks to become a First Sergeant by 1966. The veteran leatherneck, now in his second war, had begun anew...working his way through the commissioned ranks. Fox had already completed a tour in Vietnam, and recently had extended his combat tour.
As dawn broke on the forested hillside overlooking Laos, Alpha Company was sent out to look for and destroy a suspected enemy force operating in the region. Lieutenant Fox's 3rd platoon had made contact with them the previous day, and now the Company was looking to finish the fight. In addition, First Battalion was low on water. A detail was dispatched to get resupply from a stream below, Alpha Company leading the way to provide security as Lieutenant Fox and his men searched for the enemy. As they reached the stream, the enemy appeared.
The NVA seemed to be everywhere, popping up out of hidden spider holes to rain devastating machinegun and small arms fire on Alpha Company, while enemy mortars fell on the embattled Marines. The suddenness and the ferocity of the attack caught the Marines by surprise, many falling wounded in the initial onslaught.
Quickly Lieutenant Fox moved out, working his way through the heavy jungle overgrowth to gain a position where he could assess the situation and direct his platoon leaders. Deadly missiles struck the foliage and bamboo palms around him. Fox located a sniper's position, quickly killing the enemy with his M-16 rifle before moving on.
As Fox deployed his platoons, two enemy mortar rounds landed in his position, killing his radiomen and air and artillery observers. Shrapnel stuck the lieutenant in the shoulder but, despite the bleeding wounds, he grabbed both radios and continued to direct the movements of his Marines.
The lieutenant who led Fox's 2nd platoon was seriously wounded, and Fox instructed his executive officer to take command of that platoon. When his platoon leader in the 3d platoon was killed, Fox quickly moved in to fill the void and take command. He personally destroyed one position while continuing to should orders and give encouragement. Coolly he spoke into the radio to coordinate aerial and artillery support for his Marines. Among those working to defend these Marines on the Laotian border was artillery officer Harvey "Barney" Barnum, who had earned the Medal of Honor three years earlier and returned, at his own request, for another Vietnam tour.
As the enemy fire continued unabated, the executive officer Fox had sent to 2nd Platoon was killed, and another of his lieutenants was wounded. Though wounded himself, Fox was the only officer in Alpha Company still capable of leading the resistance. This he did with calm professionalism, his Marines repulsing a final enemy assault during which the Company Commander was wounded a second time.
Heedless of his battered body, Fox began organizing his survivors in establishing a defensive position. As corpsmen moved about to locate and treat the wounded, Fox refused aid, setting himself to the tasks leadership demanded. By late afternoon his Marines had secured their position, and Delta Company 2/9 arrived to relieve them. Ten of Fox's brave Marines had died and, of the 153 men who had joined him that morning in the patrol down from the ridge, only 66 were able to continue the mission the following day. Despite his wounds, and determined not to leave Alpha Company leaderless, Lieutenant Fox was among them

God Bless the Marines of the 1/9 Semper Fi

Semper Fi Marine !
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:08 AM   #35
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Being navy and not a SEAL the idea of combat is different than the army or marines.
Not really.

Example: I have a friend from around 50 years ago who was "officially" a PIO on a carrier, but spent a substantial amount of time on the ground doing target acquisition with photography in SE Asia for the "briefings." Since he wasn't supposed to be there, he was "on his own" and he was not supposed to make "contact" with the locals.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:00 AM   #36
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I have no REASON to doubt it. Do you have a REASON to doubt it?

Never said I did doubt it. I don't really care. If someone wants to lie about serving in the military it's on them. What I don't like is people like you questioning those that say they have served in the military. If you have proof, fine. If you don't, STFU.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:05 AM   #37
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=LexusLover;1057436330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

Struggling for relevance are you? Continue doing so, if you wish. It's boring.
I agree with you for once. Pointing out your shortcomings is becoming very boring. And very easy. And I forgot my favorite insult about me stated by you -- swishy ass, whatever that means. Keep it up. Great comic relief.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:07 AM   #38
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Never said I did doubt it. I don't really care. If someone wants to lie about serving in the military it's on them. What I don't like is people like you questioning those that say they have served in the military. If you have proof, fine. If you don't, STFU.
Sorry, I don't STFU. You'll have to earn that one, little boy. #2. ....

"What I don't like is people like you" LYING ABOUT WHAT I POST. If you have proof, fine. If you don't, YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING LIAR.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:42 AM   #39
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sorry, I don't STFU. You'll have to earn that one, little boy. #2. ....

"What I don't like is people like you" LYING ABOUT WHAT I POST. If you have proof, fine. If you don't, YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING LIAR.
I'm still waiting on you telling me what I've lied about, old man.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #40
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You're a real badass LLIDiot. They must petrified of you down at the Social Security office!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #41
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You're a real badass LL ... They must petrified of you down at the Social Security office!
No, I'm no "badass" ... doesn't take one around here, does it? Little CedarParkite has threatened to kick my ass. Should I be concerned? Is that how he settles his arguments with this wife? Threatening to kick her ass?

Actually, I don't recall ever having gone to the SS office since 50+ years ago ... and that wasn't in the Houston metro area. In fact it was probably in Austin. When was your last trip? And has it moved in the last 50 years?
Old 11-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #42
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm still waiting on you telling me what I've lied about, old man.
I just posted it, Trailer Trash.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:49 AM   #43
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
No, I'm no "badass" ... doesn't take one around here, does it? Little CedarParkite has threatened to kick my ass. Should I be concerned? Is that how he settles his arguments with this wife? Threatening to kick her ass?

Actually, I don't recall ever having gone to the SS office since 50+ years ago ... and that wasn't in the Houston metro area. In fact it was probably in Austin. When was your last trip? And has it moved in the last 50 years?
You're cruising for a bruising, LLIdiot. I would opine that everybody wants to kick your ass, especially those whose hard earned tax money you've taken all these years to subsidize your slovenly, unproductive lifestyle. That would be everybody except JLK, who doesn't need a reason to kick anybody's ass!

I don't know how they did it before I was born, but maybe you've got memories of those ass whoopings.

You disrespectful, bitter, lying old queen! TAKER!

Old 11-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #44
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You're cruising for a bruising, LL....
You getting on that bandwagon?

Lost the intellectual discussion ....

... now you resort to violence?

When was the last time you beat your wife's ass? Or does she beat yours.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:13 AM   #45
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

I never engage in violence. While I can't answer for my fellow Americans, I'd say that most intelligent members of our society wouldn't engage in violence, unless you cross a pretty big line.

To a veteran, that line is a long way behind you, and the same people who risked their lives so you could mouth off like you do day in and day out probably would enjoy you taking the ass whooping you have earned.

You continue to get deeper and deeper, TAKER.

If you don't understand why people are beginning to really hate you... Then continue to prosecute the "intellectual discussion."

Fucking idiot.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women