Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59933
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47555
pyramider46370
bambino40327
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 11-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #1
bigdick89
Registered Member

Encounters: 5
Default Is asking for a deposit a scam?

I've been seeing a lot of girls recently that are asking for a deposit prior to meeting and most of them say it's in case you cancel. Is this normal or probably a scam? Most of these girls are model types with high rates like 500 an hour or more. They usually want deposit of half.
bigdick89 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
Beast814
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

Beast814 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Never have, never will.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #4
Elle Banks
Erotic Concierge

User ID: 350644
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I am a provider who requires a deposit for all visits and it's not a scam, but I can only speak for myself. I recommend you research the provider you are giving the deposit to. Do they have a social media presence? Do they seem coherent and responsive? Have you set a date and time to meet and are they requiring a deposit to hold that date? If the answer to those questions is yes, it is likely it is not a scam and yes, a deposit in the event you cancel. If the answer to those questions is mostly no, then it may be a scam.

This is a very contested issue currently as the landscape of provider/client relations is ever-evolving. Personally, I need my client to be held accountable in the event they decide to NC/NS me, so I take a deposit.

I have to put a credit card on file at my hair colorist, my hairstylist, my esthetician, and my nail tech before I make an appointment. If for some reason I can't make the appointment and don't give adequate notice, my card on file is charged either half of what the appointment cost would have been, or the entire amount depending on the service provider's policy. Why would it be different with your provider?
Elle Banks is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:29 PM   #5
signa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Sadly Elle yes I know you are 100% real. But even known providers that ask for a deposit alot and I mean alot run a scam or no show once paid. 95% of all the ones that do most are scams or not even a girl. You might not C&D or scam but its no indication of whether another provider will follow through or not...

I'm not giving anything in advance, is it probably going to limit to some providers, probably. But in any case I've given any advance I've been burned more than once. Its a imperfect system and this "hobby" is not like going to the car shop or barber.
signa is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:44 AM   #6
Depurefymii
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

[Deleted]
Depurefymii is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:50 AM   #7
Depurefymii
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Some of them aren't a scam but 80% are a scam and there is no repercussions if you give someone a deposit and they no show.

It would be much easier if we used strip clubs and massage parlors to authenticate that we at least exist and have good manners.

Quote:
I have to put a credit card on file at my hair colorist, my hairstylist, my esthetician, and my nail tech before I make an appointment.
I just use supercuts. All I have to do is call ahead and check if they are busy and open and I automatically have a spot in line when I come in. They don't have to have my credit card on file, and they only charge me for service.
Depurefymii is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:01 AM   #8
yinzerpgh
Premium Access

Encounters: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Banks View Post
I have to put a credit card on file at my hair colorist, my hairstylist, my esthetician, and my nail tech before I make an appointment. If for some reason I can't make the appointment and don't give adequate notice, my card on file is charged either half of what the appointment cost would have been, or the entire amount depending on the service provider's policy. Why would it be different with your provider?
First, you're a well established SW who I would have no qualms about putting down a deposit.

Keep in mind that most of the ads posted (especially on 'free' websites like LC and STG, but even pay sites) are only separating dumb people from their money by asking for a deposit prior to meeting.

Your examples are established businesses with consequences if they "No Show" you. Could you imagine if your hairstylist charged your card for not giving you a haircut? How many times would you go back to that hairstylist?
yinzerpgh is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:05 AM   #9
swtslnce
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Banks View Post
I am a provider who requires a deposit for all visits and it's not a scam, but I can only speak for myself. I recommend you research the provider you are giving the deposit to. Do they have a social media presence? Do they seem coherent and responsive? Have you set a date and time to meet and are they requiring a deposit to hold that date? If the answer to those questions is yes, it is likely it is not a scam and yes, a deposit in the event you cancel. If the answer to those questions is mostly no, then it may be a scam.

This is a very contested issue currently as the landscape of provider/client relations is ever-evolving. Personally, I need my client to be held accountable in the event they decide to NC/NS me, so I take a deposit.

I'm not saying anyone I'd dishonest. The main problem with deposits is that it's free money for those who don't honor the agreement. This industry is riddled with well known providers and fly by night con artists who DO steal. It's the nature of it.

I get the comparison to other businesses requiring a credit card but that is not a good comparison to this industry.

In this no one should ever use any forms of payment that could be traced back to them. Right there, that negates personal credit cards. That leaves cash/checks/gift cards(that are not purchased with a credit card), etc. With these, the temptations are strong because it's goods in hand for no services. This is different from having a credit card on file with a business that will charge a NC/NS fee if someone goes MIA.

When it comes to clients reliability, the same can also be said for those who have a social media presence. I'm sure it's a much smaller group but could also be used to form a credible method of accountability. It's no guarantee of anything but it's better than absolutely nothing.

Bottom line, there is no right or wrong but each individual needs to know and understand the risks of putting out to much personal information and handing out unsecured funds for expected services based on the honor system.

I am almost certain if the roles were reversed, were clients were asking for and getting providers personal information/deposits, that would not go over well. It could also come with serious consequences for them.
swtslnce is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:52 AM   #10
Big Stig
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

I don't care who the provider is or how good their reputation is, I will never give anyone an advance deposit. I've never done it and I never will.
Big Stig is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:34 AM   #11
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtslnce View Post
I am almost certain if the roles were reversed, were clients were asking for and getting providers personal information/deposits, that would not go over well. It could also come with serious consequences for them.
Give me your drivers license and bbbj, then I’ll decide if I want to do an hour.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:58 AM   #12
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stig View Post
I don't care who the provider is or how good their reputation is, I will never give anyone an advance deposit. I've never done it and I never will.
This.

I will add in that unless I already know the girl pretty well or she is very established and I can find no hint of shady shit I won’t even pay until the session is over.
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:02 PM   #13
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

You fellas know who was 100% legit and well established?

Jesse.
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:34 PM   #14
swtslnce
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerpgh View Post

Your examples are established businesses with consequences if they "No Show" you. Could you imagine if your hairstylist charged your card for not giving you a haircut? How many times would you go back to that hairstylist?
Exactly.

Now, for purposes of discussion, let's assume that place of business is discovered doing something on the side that doesn't follow within the established laws.

Guess what? Your now involved because you had a credit card on file with them. It traces right back to the original person. Not saying anything would come of it.... but?!
Old 11-28-2021, 09:40 PM   #15
swtslnce
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post
You fellas know who was 100% legit and well established?

Jesse.
At least with my dealings, there were a few from my experiences who were honest with me. The one that stands out the most was no1soccermom.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women