Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 09-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9
Default Staying "On Topic"

So... have the rules changed again? Is veering "off topic" now a pointable infraction? I sure hope not.

Maybe this is a good time to quote Holden Caulfield...

That digression business got on my nerves. I don't know. The trouble with me is, I like it when somebody digresses. It's more interesting and all... Oh, sure! I like somebody to stick to the point and all. But I don't like them to stick too much to the point. I don't know. I guess I don't like it when somebody sticks to the point all the time. The boys that got the best marks in Oral Expression were the ones that stuck to the point all the time — I admit it. But there was this one boy, Richard Kinsella. He didn't stick to the point too much, and they were always yelling "Digression!" at him. It was terrible, because in the first place, he was a very nervous guy — I mean he was a very nervous guy — and his lips were always shaking whenever it was his time to make a speech, and you could hardly hear him if you were sitting way in the back of the room. When his lips sort of quit shaking a little bit, though, I liked his speeches better than anybody else's... It's nice when somebody tells you about their uncle. Especially when they start out telling you about their father's farm and then all of a sudden get more interested in their uncle. I mean it's dirty to keep yelling "Digression!" at him when he's all nice and excited. I don't know. It's hard to explain.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
So... have the rules changed again? Is veering "off topic" now a pointable infraction? I sure hope not.

Maybe this is a good time to quote Holden Caulfield...

That digression business got on my nerves. I don't know. The trouble with me is, I like it when somebody digresses. It's more interesting and all... Oh, sure! I like somebody to stick to the point and all. But I don't like them to stick too much to the point. I don't know. I guess I don't like it when somebody sticks to the point all the time. The boys that got the best marks in Oral Expression were the ones that stuck to the point all the time — I admit it. But there was this one boy, Richard Kinsella. He didn't stick to the point too much, and they were always yelling "Digression!" at him. It was terrible, because in the first place, he was a very nervous guy — I mean he was a very nervous guy — and his lips were always shaking whenever it was his time to make a speech, and you could hardly hear him if you were sitting way in the back of the room. When his lips sort of quit shaking a little bit, though, I liked his speeches better than anybody else's... It's nice when somebody tells you about their uncle. Especially when they start out telling you about their father's farm and then all of a sudden get more interested in their uncle. I mean it's dirty to keep yelling "Digression!" at him when he's all nice and excited. I don't know. It's hard to explain.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
bb1961
Valued Poster

If you make a comment that it is a worthless thread...you will be pointed. Be warned.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
If you make a comment that it is a worthless thread...you will be pointed. Be warned.
Hmmm... that's not off topic, though. Were you pointed for being disrespectful? It would seem to me that you can call a thread topic worthless without calling the OP worthless. But that's just me. I'm not a mod.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Hmmm... that's not off topic, though. Were you pointed for being disrespectful? It would seem to me that you can call a thread topic worthless without calling the OP worthless. But that's just me. I'm not a mod.
Yep...I said worthless tread...pointed for being disrespectful.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

ECCIE is morphing into Indy’s. Sad but true.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #7
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Threads are like flowcharts, it's their nature to get off topic, then sometimes flow back on topic, sometimes not.

The only reasonable way to keep a thread on topic is to make a poll and don't allow any comments. If moderation gets too heavy handed, then people are hesitant to post, which will destroy a site faster than no moderation. It's called paralysis by analysis when people think too hard about what will get them infractions or not.

On the board I was admin of, we usually gave out warnings before infractions, unless the post stepped way over the line or the person was the same old same who had many warnings or infractions. 90% of the time, all it took was a warning to get things on track.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

I was pointed for not "being on topic" when I directly addressed/replied-to the mod's post about staying on topic.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #9
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
Threads are like flowcharts, it's their nature to get off topic, then sometimes flow back on topic, sometimes not.
Some of the most interesting, insightful and iconic threads in this forum rambled on for months and for literally hundreds of posts and veered off into topics that were far removed from the original one.

Holden Caulfield would approve.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
I was pointed for not "being on topic" when I directly addressed/replied-to the mod's post about staying on topic.
LOL! (And in this case the other meaning)
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #11
bambino
Valued Poster

I guess this is the new and “improved” ECCIE. The second coming of the Harvard-Yale-Princeton club. A bunch of mongers and hos forced to behave. And the mods aren’t any better.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #12
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
So now been off topic generates points?
Old 09-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
So now been off topic generates points?
Responding to a mod's post was deemed "off-topic" and pointed.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #14
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Responding to a mod's post was deemed "off-topic" and pointed.
Political discourse has always been contentious, even more so that Trump was elected. Ok, I get St C wants to clean things up. Believe me, the forum is far better than Yssup posting fat gay pics and stupid Nazi memes. And stupid monkey shit. Very good. But to have WU trying to establish what’s “on topic” is a fools errand. It’s a waste of time. If WU thinks NFL players protesting police inequality in a Blue Lives matter thread is somehow off topic is mind boggling. He should keep the insults and stupid memes out of the forum. And then just stay out of it.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #15
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Political discourse has always been contentious, even more so that Trump was elected. Ok, I get St C wants to clean things up. Believe me, the forum is far better than Yssup posting fat gay pics and stupid Nazi memes. And stupid monkey shit. Very good. But to have WU trying to establish what’s “on topic” is a fools errand. It’s a waste of time. If WU thinks NFL players protesting police inequality in a Blue Lives matter thread is somehow of topic is mind boggling. He should keep the insults and stupid memes out of the forum. And then just stay out of it.
Since when did responding to a mod's post become an "off-topic" pointable offense?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women