Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40410
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35604
Mojojo33117

Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
SkyDriver
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
My ECCIE Reviews
Default What's your power bill ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/us...e.html?_r=1&hp
SkyDriver is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

$0.87/Kilowatt hour; 12 month contract......
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Ha Ha Ha Whirlway, you pay TWICE what Wal-Mart does which also begs the question why should the biggest consumers of power get a lower rate?
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
Chainsaw Anthropologist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
My ECCIE Reviews

My power bill???

A hell of a lot more than it was before Rick Perry and his buddies created the deregulation program that was allegedly going lower power rates due to increased competition. Their "deregulation program" gave Texas the highest average utility rates in the country, regardless of whom you use as an electricity provider.

c.a.
Chainsaw Anthropologist is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

speaking of Rick, btw I voted for Kinky when I lived in TX, how the hell is he on the national seen now?

my electric bill last month was $151 and I guess Stevie is going to dispute that
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #6
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Deregulation isn't always the best thing for a cunsumer when dealing with a power company. I know i work for one of the biggest in the south. The only thing that get deregulated is the amount they can charge. Most power companies wouldn't build lines to place for fear that they wont make anything off of it. Companies dont make much from residential customers hell most of the time its a lost. Big industrial customers is where the money is if your a power company why spend millions on lines to only see a few thousand a year on returns. And its not just the lines it transformers, lights customer not paying bills all for 200 to 300 a month from each customer. When the big boys pay millions a month in bills to you and they never have a problem.

There never going to be 2 or 3 companies really fighting for your business with cheaper rates than the next. This isn't the phone company where all the competing companies use the same lines. Just my thought from a lineman
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:00 AM   #7
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Before deregulation I never followed electric rates. But my instinct is that my rate has declined slightly since deregulation. (note: my Kilowatt hour rate is $0.087 per). No additional add ons, other than state fees that are applied to all texas customers.

I addressed the OP's question with a fact-based answer.....while some other knuckleheads just talked garbage without offering up any fact or reference points.

And here is the link that shows a state by state comparison of average electric rates; as you can see, Texas falls pretty close to the national average rate...and consumers in Texas can do a lot better than the indicated average by shopping around and locking into a contract. I am satisfied with deregulation. It has saved me money.

http://www.eia.gov/cneaf/electricity...able5_6_a.html
Old 06-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

If you look at my table you will see that the states with the highest Per Killowatt hourly rate are also heavily governed by Democrats while states with some of the lowest are largely Republican majority states.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
Ha Ha Ha Whirlway, you pay TWICE what Wal-Mart does which also begs the question why should the biggest consumers of power get a lower rate?
I pay $.094 per KWh, and I have a two year contract. I pay what I pay regardless what Wal Mart pays. BTW, they pay less, because they are a significantly higher consumer of electricity than single, residential consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
speaking of Rick, btw I voted for Kinky when I lived in TX, how the hell is he on the national seen now?

my electric bill last month was $151 and I guess Stevie is going to dispute that
I was a Kinky voter too . Governor Good Hair is rumbling that he's running. He'll never make it to the nomination. I think the country is a little tired of Texan presidents just now.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I voted for Kinky and donated money to his 2006 campgain; ya think Kinky and Imus have had a falling out..he isn't on the Imus morning show anymore...

Olivia; check out Champion elec...I lowered my rate signficantly when I switched. And the lights and AC quality is the same - go figure.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #11
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I voted for Kinky and donated money to his 2006 campgain; ya think Kinky and Imus have had a falling out..he isn't on the Imus morning show anymore...

Olivia; check out Champion elec...I lowered my rate signficantly when I switched. And the lights and AC quality is the same - go figure.
Now that's funny. I paid $.005 more to get a two year vs a two year contract.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
jhende3
Valued Poster

Oliviahoward your wrong on most if the stuff you said. First if you pay what you say you pay for electric your getting ripped off. I work for a major power company for over ten year on the distribution side 0.0881 per kwh is what is paid in Louisiana that the regulated amount. Now fuel cost varies from month to month but not a big jump per month. If Your 0.94 kwh is even right i would have gotten a 1880.00 bill last month for my 2000 kwh used. Competition in the electrical business is a joke! Truth be told most customers electrical don't want to serve anyway. You don't make money off residential customers till years later and then it isn't much.

Super Walmart bill for last month was over 20,000 dollars in my area. And it probably be higher next month.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I thinkk OH meant $0.094/kwh not $0.94?

Honest mistake that I made in the same thread.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #14
jhende3
Valued Poster

Here is what deregulation did in Texas

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121625744742160575.html
Old 06-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

That article is almost three years old; before deregulation truly set in with texas consumers............here is the lastest, as I posted earlier, but you want to ignore.

The rates are the most recent available..

Texas is pretty much in line with the national average.

And the highest rates in the nation? You guessed it, the Democratically union dominated states of Michigian, Massachussets, California, Connecticut, NY, NJ, eta al.

The lowest states in the Union are southern states that are heavily republican - Tea Party states.

More proof that the Democrats are not a friend to working class American (unless your a Union member).

Deregulation saves consumers money!

A fact that was lost on the Obamacare crafters who went out of their way not to allow intrastate insurance purchases and schemed a centrall controlled system. Nothing deregulated in Obamacare and it is going to cost consumers trillions of dollars.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women