Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70483
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47783
pyramider46370
bambino40447
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Pelosi's pocket veto

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/26/...rom%20%251%24s

I hope this is exactly wtf she does.

It puts Trump under wraps to moderate Senate Republicans until after the election.

Why send it to the Senate where you can't get a fair trial!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #2
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

As if the impeachment hearings were "fair" ..... Pelosi is no dummy - she realizes the Democrats may have already committed political suicide by their votes on impeachment , and as the article states, "So why put 25-35 vulnerable Democratic House members in marginal or pro-Trump districts in harm's way? (More to the point: why should she put her tenure as Speaker of the House at risk?) Why engage in a process that will enrage the President's supporters and give him a rallying cry for his re-election campaign?" ..... so not sending the papers is more about saving her own neck because her worst possible nightmare could be losing those 35 "vulnerable" seats, and don't for a minute believe that Trump won't campaign his ass off in those districts ..... as I've stated in other posts, in their crazed zeal to impeach Trump, some Democrats may very well have committed their political suicide ..... If you think the idea of having Hillary become president wasn't a big enough "rallying cry for Republican voters in 2016, just watch what we do at the polls next November .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I’m hoping for a piano to fall on the hag.
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

WTF,
That article is a good write. And Pelosi has recently stated she won't send the paper to Senate unless a,b,c,... So she's already setting that script up.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/26/...rom%20%251%24s

I hope this is exactly wtf she does.

It puts Trump under wraps to moderate Senate Republicans until after the election.

Why send it to the Senate where you can't get a fair trial!
Pelosi's best option would be a "pocket veto." Legislative leadership, of course, can't execute a "pocket veto." That's an executive function. But something very much like a "pocket veto" would serve Pelosi and her party's interests well. more partisan politics the left is good at
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
Redhot1960
Valued Poster

WTF's pocket Beto...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMb0kwt3UIE
Redhot1960 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
Jaxson66
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

The Mcgahn ruling is coming soon, if the court compels Mcghan to testify before the judiciary committee more Articles are likely on the way. That’s a legitimate reason to slow the process down, but when the next appeal is filed I hope she moves forward. Moscow Mitch and the trump party will suffer at the polls after they Whitewash trump’s trial. But everything considered, I think she’s done a good job so far with the impeachment.
Jaxson66 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Uh! What happened to our national security is at risk if we don't vote to remove the President whether the Republicans vote to do so is beside the point if one were to truly believe it's their duty to hold the vote and prove they have the best interest of the country at heart which of course they don't.

What's truly funny is thinking that holding off on sending the articles to the Senate will some how make voters forget the names of the Democratic House members that voted to impeach. That vote is in and it isn't going away.

Remember how the MSM told us day in and day out that there was a Constitutional crisis brought on by Republicans? Well, holding back articles of impeachment already voted on would constitute the kind of constitutional crisis the Dem's talked about. Just as the House had the "sole" authority to conduct the House impeachment inquiry with little to no input from Republicans, the Senate has the "sole" authority to conduct the trial with little to no input from Democrats, the minority party. For the House to now say that they should be given input to how the Senate conducts it's trial is laughable and flies in the face of their constitutional duties.

Remember Noah Feldman, the Democrats constitutional scholar that was there to explain how this whole process is suppose to work? He says that if Pelosi doesn't send over the articles, then Trump is not really impeached at all and holding back the articles would be a violation of the House's constitutional duty. So expect Trump to say day in and day out if Pelosi holds back the articles, that he wasn't really impeached at all putting the Democrats on the defensive to explain he is wrong when one of their own experts called in the impeachment inquiry agrees with Trump. How funny is that? There is no good way out of this mess the Democrats brought on themselves. If they don't allow the Democratic Senators to go on record as wanting to remove Trump, they are cowards without the conviction of their so called principles, allowing a President that is a national security threat to remain in office because they wouldn't move forward with the vote. Again, the damage, if there is any real damage to House Democrats has already happened and the damage to Democratic Senators in looking like cowards will not help in their re-election either.

While I can't find the polling that would confirm this, I don't doubt it is true that 30% of Americans thought that Trump was no longer President because he was impeached. Sounds about right. Another poll I can't confirm but also do not doubt is that 70% of Americans can not name all 3 branches of the government and 40% can't name one. We are a truly ignorant populace when it comes to our government and this board as well as the last one I was on confirms this everyday.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:11 PM   #9
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson66 View Post
The Mcgahn ruling is coming soon, if the court compels Mcghan to testify before the judiciary committee more Articles are likely on the way. That’s a legitimate reason to slow the process down, but when the next appeal is filed I hope she moves forward. Moscow Mitch and the trump party will suffer at the polls after they Whitewash trump’s trial.
But everything considered, I think she’s done a good job so far with the impeachment.

And what articles would those be prey tell? If McGahn confirms everything that Democrats believe Trump did, what else would be added to "abuse of power" and "obstruction of Congress"? Bribery and treason are already off the table, you think McGahn is going to prove bribery or treason?
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

The moderate Republicans gotta hope Pelosi does not send it over to the Senate...it gives them some control over Trump!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:52 PM   #11
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Holding on to the impeachment means she has SOME control over his media blitz. He continues to rant and rave about the same thing over and over again.

Bill Barr’s DOJ Tells the Courts and Congress to Get Lost

https://www.thedailybeast.com/attorn...in-new-filings

Quote:
If a president can avoid compliance with his legal obligations by getting impeached, then he would have a strong incentive to solicit impeachment by the House of Representatives in order to gain, quite literally, a license to break the law without recourse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Uh! What happened to our national security is at risk if we don't vote to remove the President whether the Republicans vote to do so is beside the point if one were to truly believe it's their duty to hold the vote and prove they have the best interest of the country at heart which of course they don't.
eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #12
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

I'm not sure what I think yet.. sounds risky, but might be smart.

I don't know yet
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:41 PM   #13
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I'm not sure what I think yet.. sounds risky, but might be smart.

I don't know yet
We are all sure you will know what you think when the lsm tells you what to think! You're a parrot of their narrative!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:56 PM   #14
HoeHummer
BANNED

Give your balls a tug, Winnsy. You sounds like, well, everybody’s else on this here forum, actually. You jerk off to red and black velvet paintings of Trump buttfucking Sean Hannity! That’s how hard you follow the Trumpholian narrative. And don’t Denys it.
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:43 AM   #15
Jaxson66
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
And what articles would those be prey tell? If McGahn confirms everything that Democrats believe Trump did, what else would be added to "abuse of power" and "obstruction of Congress"? Bribery and treason are already off the table, you think McGahn is going to prove bribery or treason?

The first would be Obstruction of Justice for three separate incidents described in Volume ll of the Mueller report. Don Mcghan has firsthand knowledge of those incidents and his testimony could support a new charge.

The second would be perjury. The fat lying bastard claimed he knew nothing about contacts with Russians or Wikileaks. The testimony from Roger Stone’s trial indicates he lied in his written response to the Mueller questionnaire. Bottom line, he knew his good buddy was working with Wikileaks.
Jaxson66 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women