Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60042
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47625
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37094
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 07-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #1
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69
Default politics of car ac refrigerants

Now that the middle of summer is here, everyone that has car ac is thankful. But there are plenty of politics behind it.....mainly patents and patent expirations.

R12.....R134a.....R1234YF

the 3 refrigerants

Patents are or were held by Dupont and Honeywell. As the expiration of a patent date came closer, a requirement for a new refrigerant was put into law....not to mention at sky high prices for the new refrigerant.

Compared to the gasoline burned each day, and industrial processes, leakage from car ac systems is miniscule.

Also it is worth noting the latest refrigerant is flammable.....not so the previous ones.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

134a is cheap. Did a compressor in the kid’s crv a few weeks ago and had it drawn down and filled for $49 at Penzoil.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:41 PM   #3
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
134a is cheap. Did a compressor in the kid’s crv a few weeks ago and had it drawn down and filled for $49 at Penzoil.
$49 Is cheep a mechanic to do anything to to do it I try DIY cans not sure if using right one it never work I only had two cars in northern summer had ac as problem, Knock on wood. I definitely use a mechanic base shop vs toss money at quick oil place, Pennzoil does have some good shops as well is rip off oil places.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:54 PM   #4
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Now that the middle of summer is here, everyone that has car ac is thankful. But there are plenty of politics behind it.....mainly patents and patent expirations.

R12.....R134a.....R1234YF

the 3 refrigerants

Patents are or were held by Dupont and Honeywell. As the expiration of a patent date came closer, a requirement for a new refrigerant was put into law....not to mention at sky high prices for the new refrigerant.

Compared to the gasoline burned each day, and industrial processes, leakage from car ac systems is miniscule.

Also it is worth noting the latest refrigerant is flammable.....not so the previous ones.
It racket it dangerous racket since new ones high pressure many times over 1000 psi. It will be better there went geo thermal. Low pressure CO2 on card even more sole any thing that supper cool can ice dam as well as shock the driver.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #5
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmany View Post
$49 Is cheep a mechanic to do anything to to do it I try DIY cans not sure if using right one it never work I only had two cars in northern summer had ac as problem, Knock on wood. I definitely use a mechanic base shop vs toss money at quick oil place, Pennzoil does have some good shops as well is rip off oil places.
I (think) I agree. I’d never use penzoil for their other services (oil change/brakes/exhaust) because I do them myself, but $49 to evac and recharge an empty ac system is a great deal.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Yup, everything is a conspiracy, even more so if paranoid.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:01 PM   #7
oeb11
Valued Poster

How much does aircon contribute to global warming?

The IEA projects that as the rest of the world reaches similar levels, air conditioning will use about 13% of all electricity worldwide, and produce 2bn tonnes of CO2 a year – about the same amount as India, the world's third-largest emitter, produces today.

Air conditioners can negatively impact the environment in the same way that other machines that burn fossil fuels do: by emitting harmful by-product gases into the atmosphere. ... In fact, some studies predict that by 2050, roughly 25 percent of global warming will be caused by air conditioning.

Guaranteed that if the fascist DPST's maintain the house and Senate in 2022 - AC for all but the nomenklatura will be a target. I watched people without AC die in hospitals from heat stroke, not to mention the loss of millions of jobs and an AC industry . Millions are likely - IMHO - to die of heat -related causes. in comparison - cuomo and his Covid murders are just a drop in the bucket for teh fascist DPST's.

AOC and Bernie/Lizzie will be so proud and happy.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:57 AM   #8
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Back in the day R-12 the first was about .99 cents a pound till the EPA got involved R-22 ( household ) was about 1.50 LBs , till warming / cooling ice age oceans flooding you know all the worlds gonna end bs
As a outcome Dupont made billions retooling the refrigeration and china and all companies that make a/c parts also made billions . ( this was all for a idea no real proof that's another issue )
So my question is aoc or a/c who gonna kill more ( keep in mind aoc and politicos will have a/c )
Oh and how many politicos made millions by forcing the changes
rexdutchman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women