Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70467
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Default Gingrich Goes Crazy

In a half-hour phone call with reporters yesterday, GOP presidential contender Newt Gingrich warned that as president he would abolish courts whose judges make decisions that are out of step with fundamentalist Christian views.
“Are we forced for a lifetime to keep someone on the bench who is so radically anti-American that they are a threat to the fabric of the country?” Gingrich asked reporters. “What kind of judge says you’ll go to jail if the word ‘invocation’ is used? If this isn’t a speech dictatorship, I’d like you to show me what one looks like.”

Despite an outcry over the remarks, Gingrich reiterated them this morning during an appearance on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” saying the president could send federal law enforcement authorities to arrest judges who make controversial rulings in order to compel them to justify their decisions before Congress.

When host Bob Schieffer asked how he would force federal judges to comply with congressional subpoenas, Gingrich said he would send the U.S. Capitol Police or U.S. Marshals to arrest the judges and force them to testify.
Pundits speculate that Gingrich is trying to shore up his cred with Iowa Republicans ahead of the state’s Jan. 3 caucuses. Fundamentalist Christian voters dominate the Iowa GOP.

Gingrich has been viewed negatively by right-wing Christian voters in the past for his three marriages and acknowledged adulteries. But he’s caught on with those voters in recent weeks by saying that judges who have ruled in favor of same-sex marriage or against prayer in school are “activists” who should be thrown out.

Although Gingrich’s view of the judiciary is considered unconstitutional by legal scholars, a growing number of right-wing Republicans hope to turn the United States into a theocracy where religious fundamentalists’ interpretation of the Bible would supersede the law.

In other words the Republicans want to do to America what the Taliban tried to do to Afghanistan.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Gingrich isn't going crazy, he's been crazy all along. You're right, he may be a bigger statist control freak than President Obama.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

may
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Desperate

I think pudding-boy is just getting desperate.

I cringe at the mere thought of having someone like that leading the country.

The USA would become a banana republic if we imperiously disregard the judicial branch because we disagreed with its opinions.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Thankfully, the NDAA eliminates judicial review in many instances. We won't have to worry about those pesky judges getting in the way of law enforcement anymore.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Thankfully, the NDAA eliminates judicial review in many instances. We won't have to worry about those pesky judges getting in the way of law enforcement anymore.

That should be in the Newtsters wheelhouse his kind of law.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I know. He even thinks that the Patriot Act is too weak.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Thank God he is standing up and saying such things. Hopefully now, we don't have to actually worry about him getting the nomination. He's a righ-wing lunatic, and a nasty piece of work. If Gingrich gets the nomination, it will be a blood bath, but Obama will win. If Romney gets the nomination, It's over for Obama.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Skin

You are totally wrong on this one, Olivia and I am willing to put some skin in the game.

I say that whoever goes against President Obama is going to get whipped like a little boy and sent home crying.

Right now in front of witnesses, I am ready willing and able to bet you a one hour session that President Obama is going to win this election.

. . . Do you feel confident enough in your belief that you are willing to take me up on my wager or or you just woofing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Thank God he is standing up and saying such things. Hopefully now, we don't have to actually worry about him getting the nomination. He's a righ-wing lunatic, and a nasty piece of work. If Gingrich gets the nomination, it will be a blood bath, but Obama will win. If Romney gets the nomination, It's over for Obama.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
You are totally wrong on this one, Olivia and I am willing to put some skin in the game.

I say that whoever goes against President Obama is going to get whipped like a little boy and sent home crying.

Right now in front of witnesses, I am ready willing and able to bet you a one hour session that President Obama is going to win this election.

. . . Do you feel confident enough in your belief that you are willing to take me up on my wager or or you just woofing?

Waverunner I have challenged the biggest Anti-Obama supporter here :Whirlway that if Obama loses I will deactivate my account and pay for a one hour session of the lady of his choice and if Obama is re-elected(which I believe he will) that he will do the same. He has yet to respond to my offer.
If I had $10,000 to wager like Romney maybe Whirlway would have taken me up on my offer!!!

The Big Issue the GOP will face if Newt wins he will get destroyed by Obama- Newt has way too much baggage - he may have some real good debates but he will lose. Romney more than likely will win, but again I think his flip floppng history on too many issues- his status as being a very wealthy man and he's on records saying corporations should get tax breaks I think he will appear out of touch as a rich slick talker- keep in mind the :"I bet you $10,000 is going to come back and bite him in the ass" and also the fact that he's a Mormon is going to discourage a lot of voters.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I don't think Newt is all that serious about this race.

he's in just for the attention.

if his comments posted in this thread isn't self-sabotage, i don't know what is.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
BigLouie
Valued Poster

During the last GOP Debate of the year, Newt Gingrich stated that he would abolish federal courts and judges that make decisions he disagrees with. Gingrich took this unconstitutional idea a step further during a conference call with reporters by saying that he would blatantly ignore Supreme Court rulings that he disagreed with as well.

According to The Hill, Gingrich told reporters that as President, he will ignore the Supreme Court when they issue a ruling he disagrees with, suggesting that he would also ignore past rulings that the court has handed down throughout American history.

“A commander-in-chief could simply issue instructions to ignore it, and say it’s null and void and I do not accept it because it infringes on my duties as commander-in-chief to protect the country.”

The Supreme Court has the final say on matters of the Constitution. Given Gingrich’s stances on multiple issues, he would ignore Roe v. Wade (woman’s right to choose), Brown v. Board of Education (integration of public schools), Loving v. Virginia (laws against interracial marriage unconstitutional), Miranda v. Arizona (Miranda Rights), Marbury v. Madison (established Supreme Court power to strike down legislation that conflict with Constitution), and McCulloch v. Maryland (stated the doctrine of implied powers, from the Necessary and Proper Clause at Article I, section 8. To fulfill its goal, the federal government may use any means the constitution does not forbid as opposed to only what the constitution explicitly allows or only what can be proved to be necessary), National Labor Relations Board v. Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation (confirmed the constitutionality of The National Labor Relations Act of 1935, which created the National Labor Relations Board), Cooper v. Aaron (states are bound by the decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court and cannot choose to ignore them), and countless other rulings. The excuse Gingrich gave to justify his intention to ignore the high court, is that Bush did it. This suggests that Gingrich would also start illegal wars, commit war crimes, fix elections, collapse the economy, etc… Once again, Newt Gingrich has proved that he is unfit for the Presidency. Not only would he ignore the rulings of the Supreme Court which is unconstitutional, but he would do things because George W. Bush did them. That’s a double dose of dangerous.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #13
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:

I'll be your huckelberry. This country ain't stupid. Hand shake Fast Gun.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #14
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:

You’re on ! Gingrich vs Obama is a bloody Obama; Romney vs Obama is all Romney. First of all, if I was Romney, I’d beat the well-my-healthcare-bill-was-sound-and-not-in-the-courts horse to damn death. Second of all, Romney has a chance to choose a running mate that will challenge his minority hold in Blue states.

What are we betting? Dinner, a dollar, sugar, what?

Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Word

Well, I am glad to hear that your convictions are firm enough that you are willing to bet on them.

We can decide on the precise bet details, but to start the process,

I was thinking something along the lines of a session.

If I win, the one hour session is free.

If you win, I will pay for it.

Either way, I would throw in dinner.

Remember, we have witnesses so once we firm up the details, we must meet our obligations or lose face on the board.

. . . My word is my bond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
You’re on ! Gingrich vs Obama is a bloody Obama; Romney vs Obama is all Romney. First of all, if I was Romney, I’d beat the well-my-healthcare-bill-was-sound-and-not-in-the-courts horse to damn death. Second of all, Romney has a chance to choose a running mate that will challenge his minority hold in Blue states.

What are we betting? Dinner, a dollar, sugar, what?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women