Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59988
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47593
pyramider46370
bambino40334
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Thomas Jefferson on Good Government

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson

Does that sound like either Obama or Romney?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Lol! No one has a comment. That's how unfamiliar we are with good government anymore.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Means there is agreement
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

We have destroyed the republic because we ignored the Constitution. At the end of the day, it's not rocket science. The constitution was put in place as a firewall to protect us from the mob. The founders knew that a simple majority rule democracy could not endure; the people would loot the treasury.

Once we started the social welfare state under FDR, our failure was inevitable. The amazing thing is, the Democrats are still bragging about creating the entitlement programs that have bankrupted us. It's surreal.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
ChoomCzar
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Once we started the social welfare state under FDR, our failure was inevitable. The amazing thing is, the Democrats are still bragging about creating the entitlement programs that have bankrupted us. It's surreal.

the liberal filth don't believe it's possible to bankrupt the US.......though our finances are bad, I'm not convinced we are at a crisis stage......I think we can go on for decades before collapse......at collapse, the solution is easy, no more freebies for the free-loaders.....we have a decade or so of chaos, then we go on good as new......the problem doesn't get solved until we hit collapse.....but collapse and bankruptcy are inevitable.....when will it happen? Not anytime soon..........
ChoomCzar is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson

Does that sound like either Obama or Romney?
Was this before or after he fathered several children with his slaves?
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoomCzar View Post
the liberal filth don't believe it's possible to bankrupt the US.......though our finances are bad, I'm not convinced we are at a crisis stage......I think we can go on for decades before collapse......at collapse, the solution is easy, no more freebies for the free-loaders.....we have a decade or so of chaos, then we go on good as new......the problem doesn't get solved until we hit collapse.....but collapse and bankruptcy are inevitable.....when will it happen? Not anytime soon..........
When we can't roll over the debt at a low interest rate, the house of cards will collapse. Paul Ryan says in two years, if we don't control spending, we'll be like Greece.

My guess is when the austerity programs are implemented, there will be massive rioting that will make Greece and Spain seem like nothing. The welfare parasites are going to go feral.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #9
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post

His descendants are proof.

Are you gonna tell me he didn't own slaves either???
Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I'd comment, but Jefferson's been downgraded to a minor prophet by the Texas Board of Education.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Quote:
His descendants are proof.

Are you gonna tell me he didn't own slaves either???
And what exactly is your point? Name one other major 18th century nation -- European or African -- that did not condone and engage in the slave trade. BTW, are you aware that Sally Hemings was Martha Wayles Skelton -- Jefferson's wife -- half sister and that Hemings children were manumitted by Jefferson?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default i love you but i cant marry you

there is some debate as to Thomas Jefferson fathering Sally Hemings children

The Thomas Jefferson Foundation formed a research committee consisting of nine members of the foundation staff, including four with Ph.D.s. In January 2000, the committee reported that the weight of all known evidence--from the DNA study, original documents, written and oral historical accounts, and statistical data--indicated a high probability that Thomas Jefferson was the father of Eston Hemings, and that he was likely the father of all six of Sally Hemings's children listed in Monticello records--Harriet (born 1795; died in infancy); Beverly (born 1798); an unnamed daughter (born 1799; died in infancy); Harriet (born 1801); Madison (born 1805); and Eston (born 1808).

Since then, a committee commissioned by the Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society, after reviewing essentially the same material, reached different conclusions, namely that Sally Hemings was only a minor figure in Thomas Jefferson's life and that it is very unlikely he fathered any of her children. This committee also suggested in its report, issued in April 2001 and revised in 2011, that Jefferson's younger brother Randolph (1755-1815) was more likely the father of at least some of Sally Hemings's children.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

This is typical. When the libs can't rebut what a person says, they resort to character assassination. Interesting.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
This is typical. When the libs can't rebut what a person says, they resort to character assassination. Interesting.
It's not about rebutting, you take one quote and hold it up like some kind of flag for all to see. Jefferson said a LOT. Jefferson did a LOT. Some of it great, some of it fucking shameful.

So Im not gonna bow down to one quote from a complicated and flawed slave owner. Sorry.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
It's not about rebutting, you take one quote and hold it up like some kind of flag for all to see. Jefferson said a LOT. Jefferson did a LOT. Some of it great, some of it fucking shameful.

So Im not gonna bow down to one quote from a complicated and flawed slave owner. Sorry.
But you are dopey enough to project 21st values onto someone who lived three hundred years ago. Answer the question, marks-rocks-with-pee, can you name a single, major 18th century power -- European or African -- that did not condone and engage in the slave trade?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women