Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160551
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47533
pyramider46370
bambino40317
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 02-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #151
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
Interestingly enough the only people who are REAL travellers were americans, I met some who travelled for years. But i wonder how they came up with the money. :-) They did not work for like two years.
They probably did it the old-fashioned way: They inherited it.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #152
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

Or they were already retired.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #153
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
They probably did it the old-fashioned way: They inherited it.
no, one of them was really poor. No rich family. He told me he worked construction to be able to afford his trip. I think i have to work construction too :-) That is what i like about the USA when you work really hard you can also save up some money.

oh and in times of couchsurfing travelling is not so expensive anymore. I am a passionate couchsurfer . I met my lovers that way (he he he)
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #154
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
I am a mix of Yankee and Cajun...no wonder I am such a biaaatch.
Is that even allowed?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #155
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

I really don't think so he he. He moved her here!
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #156
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

I have traveled overseas with the military (no passport needed) and I do have a passport. There are many beautiful countries (many not so beautiful) to see and from the ones I have seen, would not want to go back to many because there is no place like the good old USA. Can travel here forever and see so many different things.

Biggest factor against overseas travel for Americans these days is the risk factor because so many people in so many countries greatly dislike us. Also, the terriorists factor is so great because most Americans overseas look like Americans and tourists and that is like walking around with a bullseye on your back.

topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #157
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
I understand the cost issue...What I just have trouble understanding is people who have no interest of ever leaving their local town/state/country?....Passports aren't that expensive, I think it would be a good idea to at least have one....
I wasn't so much referring to the cost of the passport, but the cost of the travel. I live in a town where the median household income is about $24,900. That's basically husband and wife both making minimum wage before taxes. (And don't give me that shit that they don't pay taxes. They don't pay Federal Income Taxes, but they pay SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) And remember this is the median. That means half make less than $24,900.

These types of folks have no more chance of traveling abroad than I do of playing in the NBA even if you gave them a passport.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #158
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I wasn't so much referring to the cost of the passport, but the cost of the travel. I live in a town where the median household income is about $24,900. That's basically husband and wife both making minimum wage before taxes. (And don't give me that shit that they don't pay taxes. They don't pay Federal Income Taxes, but they pay SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) And remember this is the median. That means half make less than $24,900.

These types of folks have no more chance of traveling abroad than I do of playing in the NBA even if you gave them a passport.
Either way...It's never a bad idea to have a passport...ya never know what could happen
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #159
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
Either way...It's never a bad idea to have a passport...ya never know what could happen
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #160
Wwanderer
Gaining Momentum

I am too busy working and playing hard here in Japan to fully participate in this excellent thread, so I will stick to just a couple of the subtopics, first that of the relative risks of being a victim of violence in the US vs abroad:

WTF, I think that we have read Amanda differently. She said

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgoldengirl View Post
As a single female traveling alone in an underground industry, I can assure everyone I felt safer in every country I visited (with one exception) than I do walking the streets in American buying groceries. America has many great things about it and many freedoms, it is also incredibly dangerous for women. American women might be pleasantly surprised as they travel abroad.
and you appear to have interpreted it as a claim that the US is somehow particularly dangerous for women but, by implication, not so much for men. I also don't know of any evidence to support that claim, nor do I think it plausible (for one thing, about 3 times more men are murdered in the US each year than women).

However, when I read her post I did not understand it to be saying anything about the relative danger to women vs men. I thought that she was merely "speaking for herself", i.e., making an assertion based on her particular perspective and personal knowledge/experience, and thus, "As a single female traveling alone in an underground industry...".

In that sense, the statistics I posted do support her, and my, claim that the danger of being a violent crime victim in the US is higher than in most other countries (whether you are a man or a woman). The numbers are pretty dramatic. Look through the table I posted and notice how many countries have homicide rates below 4.44 per 100,000 population per year, i.e., less than *half* that in the US. That factor of two allows for lots of issues, biases and inaccuracies in the individual numbers. Also, check out which countries have rates higher than the 4.44 value and notice that they are not prosperous First World countries like the US; we are way way out of line in that sense too.

Moreover, these numbers *understate* the difference between the US and many other countries for the chance of being murdered "on the street", i.e., as a random innocent victim going about your daily life (or visiting) with no particular risk factors. This is because the totals in the table I posted include both organized crime related murders and domestic violence murders. For the countries with rates down around 1 or 2 or less, these two categories completely dominate the totals and leave virtually no "street violence" murder rate. Japan is an example with which I am relatively familiar. If you can resist the temptation to join the Yakuza (or of going out of your way to give them major grief in some way) and are not one of those unlucky souls with a murderous spouse or family member, you can pretty much forget about the chance that someone will kill you. Compared to the US, you are around 100 times safer in Japan wrt "random" violent crimes.

Anyway, I'd be interested to see any support/evidence for your claim/guess that

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I really doubt that the USA is where women have the most to be fearful, quite the opposite I would guess
You, of course, identify it as a guess, but why is that your guess...given the very well known and documented high violent crime rate in the US vs other countries?

All this said, I very much agree with you (WTF) that fear of violence is not really justified in a rational or statistical sense, either in the US or the vast majority of other places in the world. People are afraid of whatever dangers get the most media attention, leading to amazing statements like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsgt38801 View Post
Biggest factor against overseas travel for Americans these days is the risk factor because so many people in so many countries greatly dislike us. Also, the terriorists factor is so great because most Americans overseas look like Americans and tourists and that is like walking around with a bullseye on your back.
In reality I'm sure that both terrorism and all other forms of intentional violence are extremely minor risks compared to, say, accidents and illnesses in all but maybe a few of the most violent places on the planet. Fear of violence may keep people from traveling (or foreigners from visiting the US), but it a quite bogus concern when it comes to the actual facts, imo.

-Ww
Wwanderer is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #161
Wwanderer
Gaining Momentum

The other point I'd like to address is the claim, posted by a few, that the US alone offers travelers so much that there is no real justification to go elsewhere.

If your sole or main motivation for travel were sightseeing, just having a look at or experiencing natural and manmade wonders, I suppose you could make a case for it. You are still giving up places like the Norwegian fjords, the Red Center (of Australia), Tierra del Fuego, Bora Bora, the Great Wall, the Pyramids, the Taj Mahal, Burj Khalifa etc that really outshine anything similar in the US, but I do agree that the US has riches aplenty in such categories, enough to fill a lifetime for this sort of travel motivation.

However imo, what is a far more profound and interesting aspect of travel that you cannot experience without leaving the US is the vast diversity of human cultures... Close encounters of the third kind with a culture very different from one's own is where the real transformative power of travel lies, not in the mere scenery.

In fact, I'd take an even more extreme position and say that you really need to get out of Europe and the Americas (i.e., out of the regions of the world dominated by Western Culture, broadly conceived) to seriously sample what the world has to offer in this realm. Easier said than done for sure, but richly rewarding indeed if you can manage it.

-Ww
Wwanderer is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #162
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
In that sense, the statistics I posted do support her, and my, claim that the danger of being a violent crime victim in the US is higher than in most other countries
Agreed. I did state that the places I 'guessed' her to be were not third world, thus your facts even more true. That said, I think you are correct, I sensed that Amanda was talking more to the point that she felt safer in her profession. That also would make sense because of the different LE models.

Quote:

You, of course, identify it as a guess, but why is that your guess...given the very well known and documented high violent crime rate in the US vs other countries?

I was saying that vs her 'world' statement. Compared to the rest of the world I think the stats would not support that but compared to western Euorpe or Japan, then I can see her point. I was wanting to clairfiy that.

Quote:
All this said, I very much agree with you (WTF) that fear of violence is not really justified in a rational or statistical sense, either in the US or the vast majority of other places in the world. People are afraid of whatever dangers get the most media attention, leading to amazing statements like this:
You are a wise one Ww, you are able to cut to the crux of the matter. Fear, or in this case of travel, irrational fear of violence.

WE had people in this country fearful of being killed by a terrorist when the facts were they were more likely to die by a snake bite or lightening strike, that fear was exploited into a huge transfer of wealth but that is for another thread.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #163
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsgt38801 View Post
Biggest factor against overseas travel for Americans these days is the risk factor because so many people in so many countries greatly dislike us.

I think this statement is true, but it has been true for other countries also. I think, in general, that the ruling global power of the age always gets this kind of "dislike." Prior to the US, the sun never set on the British Empire, and it was vilified. So was the Spanish Main. So was the Holy Roman Empire. So was Charlemagne. As was Genghis Khan. I could go on, but you get the idea. The main problem with the US is that we are the global power right now and that makes us an easy target.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #164
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I think this statement is true, but it has been true for other countries also. I think, in general, that the ruling global power of the age always gets this kind of "dislike." Prior to the US, the sun never set on the British Empire, and it was vilified. So was the Spanish Main. So was the Holy Roman Empire. So was Charlemagne. As was Genghis Khan. I could go on, but you get the idea. The main problem with the US is that we are the global power right now and that makes us an easy target.
You are correct that the primary reason we are hated and targets is we are the envy of so many countries and we are the great evil one because of our wealth and democratic freedoms. I am not sure we are not headed the way of the Roman Empire and will not be at the top in the future. Hope I am wrong!

topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #165
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I went to Yosemite Natl Park in August and was amazed at the lack of Americans there. By my estimation 50% of the tourists were foreigners. The Sequoia tour had pre-recorded voice overs in 8 languages other than English and people were asking for others. The percentage of Americans on the long trails fell almost to zero.

At Glacier Point I was looking at Half Dome Rock thinking to myself what a shame it was that so few Americans enjoyed this part of their country. My and others serenity of the moment was broken by a couple of ghetto chicks who where bellyaching about somebodies situation. Many people turned to glare at them but they kept yakking loudly.

Another factor as to why Americans don't have a passport and travel abroad other than money is television/movies. If they want to see other people and lands they can just watch the Discovery Channel or go see a James Bond movie. I know this is a poor substitute and the equivalent to Europeans watching Baywatch but its much cheaper and convenient.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women